Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blizzard, bugs, and high end raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    I'm not a programmer, I also don't know the intricacies of paragons bug (but then again neither do you) I was merely speculating. They quickly rectified the problem by disabling seige damage of saronite bombs (breaking them temporarily), before fixing the actual problem of what that siege damage did to the lich king encounter. They could have done the same thing in the other circumstance, but chose not to. Disabling the ability which was causing the problem and fixing the problem in their own time.
    That's the problem usually. Non Developers speculating about Software Development.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Blizzard can and will log everything the server sees
    Everything you buy, the amount of gold you had when buying it, the time of buying it, what you said while buying it, it you left clicked the draged to your inventory or right clicked, everything.

Pretty sure people underestimate what blizz actually can see.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    Everything you buy, the amount of gold you had when buying it, the time of buying it, what you said while buying it, it you left clicked the draged to your inventory or right clicked, everything.

Pretty sure people underestimate what blizz actually can see.
    You can safely assume everything that shows in both combat logs and chat logs is saved with a timestamp up to millisecond precision and the coordinates where the player was standing in game world when it happened. Because of this Blizz can read the logs afterwards and see if the raid was standing outside Flame Leviathan's room when it was pulled and things like that.

But there are certain things Blizz can't see. For example they do not know what addons are displaying on your screen. They cant read recount or boss mods timer bars or custom raid frames' data. Neither will they know what kind of macros you have on your programmable keyboard. Another well known interesting disconnect between server and client knowledge is the exact player position while you're in the air. Server does not know your exact location when you are jumping before you land again on solid ground, which explains annoying phenomenon such as if you jump out of fire you take damage longer than if you would just run out of fire.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted

What I enjoyed most about this short thread is the way Sulfuric came over as a whiney ensidia fanboy, with no idea what he was talking about.

Then being totally ripped apart by a couple of proper software developers, with experience of this sort of thing.

Way to go, now can you just quit this forum, since really, all you do is whine about this game.

I especially liked this reply

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    I'm not a programmer, I also don't know the intricacies of paragons bug
    Which bassicly translates to "I know nothing about what's going on, but I will twist it into my own version, derp derp derp"

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena
    What I enjoyed most about this short thread is the way Sulfuric came over as a whiney ensidia fanboy, with no idea what he was talking about.

Then being totally ripped apart by a couple of proper software developers, with experience of this sort of thing.

Way to go, now can you just quit this forum, since really, all you do is whine about this game.

I especially liked this reply

Which bassicly translates to "I know nothing about what's going on, but I will twist it into my own version, derp derp derp"
    Remember when I said this?

Obviously this is going to create some controversy but it's beyond worthy of discussion.
    That's because I wanted it to be talked about, not pretend I am some omniscient entity pretending to know for certain that Blizzard deliberately did this. You're the one coming across as a whiney sulfuric hate monger, I also mentioned time and time again I don't care who gets world firsts specifically I merely respect the race. Do I care that Ensidia was banned temporarily, not at all, what goes around comes around. What I do care about is the hypocrisy between exploitable bugs being fixed immediately and impeding ones left in open tickets for two weeks.

The only thing making these people out to be "proper programmers" is what? They are speculating just the same as I have been, and on this page there is someone criticizing them for it as well.

To be honest, those who think Blizzard will try to fix both bugs with same speed (one about exploit and world first kill smashing the Blizzard statements that "ICC will be so hard, you will cry tears" and "you will die so often", and "you remember Sunwell, ICC is the same last raid" etc) compared to a bug that actually prevents you from killing LK - if you believe they had the same effort/willingness put into both, you have not yet seen enough of this world...

Blizzard is a company, just like any other, I take their statements with a grain of salt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gron
    To be honest, those who think Blizzard will try to fix both bugs with same speed (one about exploit and world first kill smashing the Blizzard statements that "ICC will be so hard, you will cry tears" and "you will die so often", and "you remember Sunwell, ICC is the same last raid" etc) compared to a bug that actually prevents you from killing LK - if you believe they had the same effort/willingness put into both, you have not yet seen enough of this world...

Blizzard is a company, just like any other, I take their statements with a grain of salt too.
    Take off your tinfoil hat.

It's totally possible they might take bit more time fixing bugs that makes game harder than fixing bugs that makes game easier, but still the most important point (actually two) stands:

1) some bugs are easier to fix and some are harder to fix - just because harder-to-fix bugs takes longer time to fix does not mean 'they' are after you.

2) Blizz just like any other software company will prioritize bugs. Within two weeks there has been two very high visibility bugs, one with intentional crashing of Tarren Mill and few other realms, and another being the successfull MitM exploit on authenticator. If the company has any brains (and I'm pretty sure we both agree they do), the first priority is the realm crashing (affects tens of thousands of people), second prio is the authenticator breach (also affects tens of thousands of people, potentially millions if authenticators become mandatory), and any game balance fixes (affects 500 hardcore raiders) is going to be always last.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

This needs a Why so srs? picture somewhere. Its a game, and on top of not even playing it, you wont even talk about the actual game, just the behind the scenes stuff that, again, most of the subscribers probably couldn't care less about. Discussion is good when it hits a resolution, but this one is going to go nowhere.

Vesseblah,

Taking into account your list of bugs, I withdraw my statements - you are right - in light of the other serious bugs, the fixing of the LK heroic bug was less pressuring.

Good point.