Deleted

Feral tank and mangle debuff changes?

about the new mangle debuff change from 12 secs to 60.

however, I'm playing feral tank, and it dosnt seems to buff tanks. I mean, I use mangle whenever it's off cooldown. With imp. Mangle that's 6 sec. They could nerf the mangle debuff to 8 sec, I would still manage to keep it upon singletarget nearly 100%. But as kitty it seems like a buff. So, is a tank build with imp. Mangle still good? And what about the glyphs?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Robinhoodexe

Deleted

Re: Feral tank and mangle debuff changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    about the new mangle debuff change from 12 secs to 60.

however, I'm playing feral tank, and it dosnt seems to buff tanks. I mean, I use mangle whenever it's off cooldown. With imp. Mangle that's 6 sec. They could nerf the mangle debuff to 8 sec, I would still manage to keep it upon singletarget nearly 100%. But as kitty it seems like a buff. So, is a tank build with imp. Mangle still good? And what about the glyphs?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Robinhoodexe
    What does the cooldown of mangle have to do with the duration of the mangle debuff, for tanks?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes, an imp mangle will still be usefull as a bear tank. If you have any threat problems you will most likely get Glyph of Mangle now together with the usual SI and FR glyphs
    Errare Humanum Est

Mangle, Maul, Regen = new tanking glyphs

15+ Year Old Account

nice to see that you have threat problems. 3/4 of maul, regen, SI and growl will still be a better choice than any of these combined with the new mangle.
    only exception will be deathwhisper hc, since she is tauntimmune then.

but as a good and flexible tank, you should have always some amount of any glyph in your bags, so you can switch them as needed.

At the moment i tend to use Frenzied Regeneration + Survival Instinct glyphs together with either Growl or Maul glyph. I might end up using Mangle glyph on some boss fights now if the boss has an agro reduction ability to be able to build more threat.

My standard glyphs for now will still stay Regen, SI and Growl though. Since Maul glyph is mainly useful for trash, heroic tanking and not that useful for most raids. There's always some exceptions to that rule though

Mangle Glyph + Berserk + Enrage = Burst DPS to leave a destrolock weeping

unless you have threat problems (which you shouldn't) this change will only affect kitty. bears will notice nothing different and should still be 0/3 imp mangle

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    unless you have threat problems (which you shouldn't) this change will only affect kitty. bears will notice nothing different and should still be 0/3 imp mangle
    Yeah, but it's hard to argue that the glyph wasn't meant for bears (As far as pve goes)

Kitties will use it in pvp though.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Actually it's a slight buff for bears as well. Now you won't have to worry about your mauls & lacerates not being buffed by mangle since the debuff won't drop off if you miss one.

Deleted

I think I'd use the same specc and glyphs. For some reason I love a 4k mangle crit and a 5,3k maul crit

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    bears will notice nothing different and should still be 0/3 imp mangle
    Or 3/3 imp mangle. Either is perfectly viable.

I can't think of a glyph to give up to get this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    I can't think of a glyph to give up to get this one.
    Ditto, i have Growl/Fren Regen/Maul. I carry a few SI glyphs around with me to swap Maul out for, but thats about it. Once i specced out of Imp Mangle, and straight into MSS i noticed about a .5k dps increase (around 3k on single target, easily pull 4k + with packs) (Played around with some macro's at the same time) and i'll never go back to Imp mangle, even with the glyph it wont equate to the DPS i'd lose by dropping MSS.

Dont get me wrong, it would have its odd time were it would become viable (untauntable bosses etc) but i consider this glyph to be about as much use in PVE as Imp Barkskin is for Resto's

Deffinately a PVP glyph imo

15+ Year Old Account

For end-raiding, it will probably take the place of Maul glyph. While Maul's is nice on many situations, it's useless in 95% of boss fights, merely because it adds nothing to single target TPS.
    Look at ICC: Marrowgar, Saurfang, and from my experience all wings saved for Dreamwalker don't require you to build that threat on two targets at once. Same for ToC, saved for add tanking at Anub, you always tank one target (unless you're solotanking Val'kyrs, but they weren't meant to).

Now it's either 0 or 3 in Imp.Mangle. It probably will stay that way. I suspect Imp.Mangle will beat MSS with the new glyph tho. It's hard to tell, since it conflicts with the T10 bonus. But if you need extra threat on bosses, it's definitely a good pick, as I said, in place of Maul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.