Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Too late to start pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by zødd
    no
    ^
    This.

My position on this:
    1) Gear-wise, not too late, because ultimately gear is a smaller factor than skill.
    2) Skill-wise, the sooner you start the better you can be. If you wait now, then next season, even if it's in cata, you're in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    bottom line is a lot of us who enjoy PvP HAVE TO do mind-numbing, repetitive simon says PvE
    Uhm... you don't HAVE to PvE. It's just a guarantee that you won't get your arse handed to you while farming the Triumph gear or getting VoA gear.

You can get all of the PvP gear available from PvE by simply... that's right, PVP'ING.

Yes, it may be easier to get it from PvE, but the game's main focus is in that area too. Blizzard has improved PvP an awful lot since the beginning, from where there wasn't any PvP gear(very few exceptions) at all to where you're able to get a full epic set while at the same time competing in ranked matches.

I wouldn't mind going back to The Burning Crusade's system of PvE not having acces to PvP gear.... except for the rather random drops from some bosses... which sucked. As a Paladin I had to farm a ton of honor for the Spell Power mace, and I know a lot of others worked in Arenas to get the best available weapon at that time.

TL;DR

You don't have to do PvE to get PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Triumph badges. Bam- 1100 resilience.
    and you gem resilience? cuz you cant have pvp weapons with heroics...

and my warrior has/had full furious, no weapons...and it was 800 resilience, now he has a few wratful pieces with 960 resilience and still no weapons as its not possible to get pvp weapons without having 1800+ arena rating.

Its a fail to gem resilience.

Never too late

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac
    The PvP weapons, if you can get the ratings for them, are still good nonetheless. And it saves DKP on other upgrades.

not saying they aren't good but they just aren't practical for everyone unless you love arena play. raiding/pve'ing for weapons is way easier than doing arena than having to get the ratings. GC threw some round about stats out a while back that were very surprising in regards to the % of players at particular ratings in relation to the overall arena participants. it was rather surprising how so many arena players were rated so low, and how few were rated 1800+...i wish i had saved it.

Quote Originally Posted by ascallion
    Hey

I have 2 charas currently raiding icc and a priest that i only use for herbing sat around in mainly 213 219 PvE gear.

thinking of starting pvp with the priest, i put alot of effort into things when i set at them but wondering if it will be too late in the expansion to bother?

Also Disc or Shadow to start in pvp?

thanks
    Pvp is as easy as it gets right now.... do one day of badge farming & bam, 5/5 furious, do 2-3 days of BGs & you've got all your relentless off peices... need a weapon? just do an ICC heroic, now you've got all 232 & 245 gear, plenty good for pvp. on top of that it probably comes with around 800 base resil

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka

and my warrior has/had full furious, no weapons...and it was 800 resilience, now he has a few wratful pieces with 960 resilience and still no weapons as its not possible to get pvp weapons without having 1800+ arena rating.

If you have full pvp gear, minus weapons, with the resil "Use:" trinket, you've got 1k base resil right there

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka

i can see where healers might gem resilience. its what makes some of them raid bosses along with their other survival CD's.

i've got close to full honor gear and i'm at about 900 resilience i think. it won't go much higher unless i gem resil.