Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Why not normal servers and heroic servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-MM
    But if the normal mode servers really are THAT unattractive to so many people as you think it's just a huge mistake to force everyone to play on them. Free migrates has solved things when they created for ex spanish servers. I can be solved like that just as easy.
    I never said they was unatractive... Jeeez.

You seem to be completely oblivious to the point, the hardcore players would leave for the hardcore realms, that would mean 2-3 guilds on both sides so a total of 6 guilds. These guilds has players that has friends outside the guilds etc which would also leave with them, but there wouldn't be enough people leaving to keep a healthy number on these hardcore realms but enough people would leave to make the normal realms suffer greatly.

As I said this would solve nothing, it would only create realms with low pop and a broken community and economy.

Now please realize that this is a horrible idea that would serve no good purpouse at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Impossible, people will always complain.
    For example Blizzard has made normal and hard mode encounters "to make everyone happy", yet you still complain.
    The problem is hard mode encounters arent making everyone happy, if you wanted icecream but i gave you meatloaf you'd complain too. You assume that hard modes are the answer to a question, and they are simply not at least in their current form.

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    I never said they was unatractive... Jeeez.

You seem to be completely oblivious to the point, the hardcore players would leave for the hardcore realms, that would mean 2-3 guilds on both sides so a total of 6 guilds. These guilds has players that has friends outside the guilds etc which would also leave with them, but there wouldn't be enough people leaving to keep a healthy number on these hardcore realms but enough people would leave to make the normal realms suffer greatly.

As I said this would solve nothing, it would only create realms with low pop and a broken community and economy.

Now please realize that this is a horrible idea that would serve no good purpouse at all.
    As long as one hardmode (or normal mode) realm with healthy numbers could exist there would be no problem. One of each, at least, i think would be absolutely possible to have. I think you should not be so afraid to let people play where they want my friend.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't think people who really play and search for a challenge and timesink care much about the next guy.
    Um LOL. Don't visit forums much do you?

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think this theoretical choice you see has any practical impact at all; everyone choses the same.
    As said, noone is playing naked.
    Thats not true. I know people that don't use badge vendors, refuse to run VoA and don't use the buff in ICC.

I am going to call you out on your reasoning. You assume that no one chooses not to use these tools. Yet, you want to make a server so people are forced not to use them. Its irrational. You are assuming that people will switch to a server where they can't use the tools at all when they can choose not to. The result would either be a empty server or if all the "hardcores" left, servers would be left with no raiding guilds that progress. Truely one of the worst ideas every posted on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack
    Thats not true. I know people that don't use badge vendors, refuse to run VoA and don't use the buff in ICC.

I am going to call you out on your reasoning. You assume that no one chooses not to use these tools. Yet, you want to make a server so people are forced not to use them. Its irrational. You are assuming that people will switch to a server where they can't use the tools at all when they can choose not to. The result would either be a empty server or if all the "hardcores" left, servers would be left with no raiding guilds that progress. Truely one of the worst ideas every posted on the internet.
    What is completely irrational is that you believe that its either empty normal or empty hardmode. If it was like that there wouldn't even be all these endless threads on every wow forum. This would put a nice end to it, and make everyone happy.

Except those hardcores that want casuals to stomp, or casuals that malice hardcore raiders their fun. But we can't those can we.

I never thought I would say this.. but I miss Sunwell Plateau.

The instance was hard. If you didn't cut it you simply didn't cut it.
    When you killed a boss it meant something, you didn't expect to go in and steamroll everything.
    No crap about hard modes and easy modes.

Guilds used to mean something, and so did the level of gear you had. How often do you find yourself looking at that mage with the spiffy gear? You don't, because JohnnyEasyMode has the exact same gear model.

Blizzard didn't make normal/hardmodes "to make everyone happy", they did it so everyone not in a high end guild would stop complaining and get to experience content they were too lazy to attempt and work out on their own.

Besides, even if we had normal servers and heroic servers what makes you think people will want to play on the normal servers when they could be carried through the heroic ones?

10+ Year Old Account

What is completely irrational is that you believe that its either empty normal or empty hardmode. If it was like that there wouldn't even be all these endless threads on every wow forum. This would put a nice end to it, and make everyone happy.

Except those hardcores that want casuals to stomp, or casuals that malice hardcore raiders their fun. But we can't those can we.
    I see the problem with people switching to a new server so they can be forced not to do something they can allready not do. Its not worth the effort and clearly it won't make every one happy since I am arguing with it. The benefits are virtually non-existent and the mere cost of moderating those new realms would be enough for them to be closed down in a week. Blizzard may make some bad decisions but that is an exceptionally bad one. I stand by my worst idea on the internet comment.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack
    I see the problem with people switching to a new server so they can be forced not to do something they can allready not do. Its not worth the effort and clearly it won't make every one happy since I am arguing with it. The benefits are virtually non-existent and the mere cost of moderating those new realms would be enough for them to be closed down in a week. Blizzard may make some bad decisions but that is an exceptionally bad one. I stand by my worst idea on the internet comment.
    If people move to a new server it is because they see that one as more interesting than the old. Since you don't like it you won't ofc. simple as that, and you are entitled to your opinion.

The benefits are huge for people who are not happy with the status of raiding today. No more nerfing and make things easy. Hundreds of buffs and epics in the mail to those who wants. And hardmodes and slow linear progression for those who wants that. And neither of these two will have to find disappointing nerfs/buffs to pve after a patch.

you know?

ulduar hard mode 239 using 213
    heroic toc 258 using 239
    heroic icc 277 using 258

is that even doable? o.o
    this wouldnt even do anything except promote realm xfer

people gonna do this
    do LoL-ednaxx 213
    xfer to ulduar 226
    xfer to ulduar hard mode 239
    xfer to toc 245
    xfer to htoc 258
    xfer to icc 264
    xfer to icc 277

wtf?

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

As long as one hardmode (or normal mode) realm with healthy numbers could exist there would be no problem. One of each, at least, i think would be absolutely possible to have. I think you should not be so afraid to let people play where they want my friend.
    Sigh, people already play where they want to, it's utterly and completely pointless making a dedicated realm for hard modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    Sigh, people already play where they want to, it's utterly and completely pointless making a dedicated realm for hard modes.
    Aha, maybe i explained it too vaguely calling it hardmode servers. I don't mean that it's hardmode encounters only. Nono, it's both normal and hardmode still, as long as blizzard uses that model.

Just that there is no ICC buffs, no tiers from heroic badges and voa, and nice linear progression like in TBC. I think here is where the clash usually is between casual and hardcore.

Deleted

Why would Blizzard even contemplate such a retarded idea, waste a crapton of money on developing new 'hardcore' servers aswell as changing aspects on all of its existing servers (wasting even more time and money) on something you already have the choice of doing at this moment in time?

Dont want to buy badge gear? Then dont by it. If you do, the choice is there.

Dont want to do normal mode? Activate the hardmode. Want to do it normal? dont push the button.

Dont want the ICC zone buff? Turn it off.

Want an even harder challenge? take some armour off.

Having 'hardcore' servers and normal ones is just another way of flexing ones epeen, there is enough of that shit going on as it is these days anyway.

What they should do to seperate the players/guilds skill levels is bring back some form of attunement between the tiers of raiding instances. Thats what seperated the guilds back in TBC. Having seperate servers is just retarded.

Some days I'm up for the challenge some days I'm not. So no.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ant
    Guilds used to mean something, and so did the level of gear you had. How often do you find yourself looking at that mage with the spiffy gear? You don't, because JohnnyEasyMode has the exact same gear model.
    You're actually bothered that someone has the same gear model as you? Even though yours has a higher ilevel, better stats, and hell its not even the same color?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Nobody would play. Same with vanilla/tbc servers. Because you can just stick with your current server and ignore the aspects that you don't like. These servers would be totally empty.
    As many people that have capped level 60 or level 70 accounts one or 2 vannila/TBC servers would work.

Why isn't Blizzard just creating hardmode servers for those who want to play like that, and keep the biggest chunk of servers like normal now?
    Because it's a dumb idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by supazio
    I know everyone else is too lazy so whenever I run voa I just tricks the highest melee dps every cooldown. And I don't even have the set boner. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc
    Hang on, you were going to make a class that you never see the race as with one of the new races, and then decide not to because you'll actually see aforementioned new race? Make does this sense not.

I really don't understand how you think this is a good idea.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Aha, maybe i explained it too vaguely calling it hardmode servers. I don't mean that it's hardmode encounters only. Nono, it's both normal and hardmode still, as long as blizzard uses that model.

Just that there is no ICC buffs, no tiers from heroic badges and voa, and nice linear progression like in TBC. I think here is where the clash usually is between casual and hardcore.
    Hey guess what? The ICC buff is optional. If you don't like tier dropping from voa, it's pretty simple really... don't do voa? Why you think you need a new server for any of that is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by supazio
    I know everyone else is too lazy so whenever I run voa I just tricks the highest melee dps every cooldown. And I don't even have the set boner. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc
    Hang on, you were going to make a class that you never see the race as with one of the new races, and then decide not to because you'll actually see aforementioned new race? Make does this sense not.

So hardcore servers would just have less access to gear? Lol who the hell cares, gear doesnt make you good. I use very little badge loot, and even if I do its simply to tide me over till I get the drop from the raid that ive been farming. By the time you are getting badge loot you are already downing the bosses that drop equivalent gear, or better. And VoA tier loot, kinda the same thing. It might save you a week or two from getting the tier from the current raid, but thats it. And the ICC buff IS OPTIONAL. You dont have to use it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn