Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Why not normal servers and heroic servers?

there's no point to have servers like this

besides, look at how many people are really elitist and realistically take up about .5% of the population of servers. very, very few would go there. really, why would full on hardcore guilds actually leave the servers they are on to go to these.

Add that, even hardcore players and guilds have about 4 or 5 alts a piece that they run heroics and raids with. So no matter how much elitist prick types QQ about it, chances are they've gotten massive benefits out of it and used the system to it's fullest.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Impossible, people will always complain.
    That, and we have almost the same thing now.

The difference? It's one one server

Blizzard already have attempted the "hardcore PvP" Servers (pay to get your lvl 80 char up and running with basic gear)
    Goldhunters as they are, i would see a market here
    But the "not being able to show and brag" to the "normal people" how "Elite" you are, lessens the apealing factor
    Guess that is also why the "Hardcore PvP" server never have taken full flight....

i'd hate it, we'd lose ALL of our decent server raiders to hardmode servers, leaving the easymode servers IMPOSSIBLE to find groups for. we might have one raiding guild, and even it would suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

As a general rule Spider-MM…when everyone around you thinks an Idea is bad.

It almost always IS a bad idea.

I doubt a hard mode server is an original concept and I would wager someone at Blizzard who had been up too long gulping too much Mountain Dew Red/Blue, already suggested this. At witch point is was shot down as a BAD IDEA.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Hey guess what? The ICC buff is optional.
    Could people stop posting crap like this already, you will be EXTREAMLY hard pressed to find people who will intentionally gimp themselves.
    It's a totally unrealistic idealism period.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Then in cataclysm, we have those "I killed Arthas without the buff" claims just like those "M'uru pre-nerf" etc now.
    LOL!

Can only imagine that. The MMO-champion forums will be filled of those people who have killed him without the buff, even if, in reality, only 100 or even less, maybe no one actually have done that. Just like most people who make applications to guilds say they have done sunwell pre-nerf. And just like a lot of people on this forums who say they have done Mu'ru pre-nerf even though only 3 guilds managed to do that.

OT- Terrible idea. Everyone, yes EVERYONE will want to move to those realms, you wanna know why? Because everyone who plays WoW is a pro gamer and can one shot all the new content!
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Rather than have it split in to servers I'd rather just have it selected and locked by your guild.
    For example you could have a guild called "Extreme Peeps" who are a heroic 25 man guild, they can only do al raids on 25 man heroic mode. They get the best items but cannot do anything on normal mode or 10 man to get gear or trivialise content.

Another Guild called "Noob Herb" are a 10 man normal guild. They can only do 10 man normal raids. They cannot do 25 man raids to get gear above the gear level they should have for 10 man raids.

You could also have 10 man heroic guilds and and 25 man normal guilds. They would have to put in some sort of lock to stop people hoping from guild to guild to do the different difficulties
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Even though it's an old question, and it has been asked COUNTLESS times before, it bears resemblence to the ol' "why not introduce vanilla level 60 server for the lolz".

The answer is progression.

Blizzard wants to move some kind of story forward and to suddenly introduce new servers with ONLY hardmode content would kind of rhyme bad with the newish philosophy they've acquired.

I've seen "LEVEL 60 ONLY LOLZ" guilds pop up like sick toilet mushrooms on my server and they've died off like the weed it is. It's a moment's fun but in the end people won't care about it and Blizzard knows this. That's why they don't pour down truckloads of money and manpower into it.

And how's leveling going to work on such a server anyway? Straight into heroic raids from heroic heroics?

This would fail epicly. You really seem to over estimate the actual amount of true hardcore players in this game. If your view of other realms is being made from just forum browsing then that is why. most servers dont have many HC guilds that are doing a whole lot. Some one posted earlier in this thread that 25 guilds in the world have access to HM arthas 25 atm. Another 58 guilds killed HM Sind. So even if those were all different guilds and had 100 player each. that is 8300 players. That is maybe one or two realms.

Look everyone that is HC seems to complain about how easy this is and how they want vanilla or TBC back. Not one of them has turned down a piece of badge loot be it for a main or an alt. You know how i know this? Naxx and Ulduar are dead aside from when the weekly is a boss there or a mount run in ULD 10 (even then most fail). Everyone who wants "the good old days" back really needs to remember what they were. Long rep grinds, farming, going back and keying yet another person for shit when you have done it 1000 times. Alt? LOL go farm KZ and get gear until then get on your main. IDC if your loot hasnt droped in 5 weeks.

Or heroics. Ohh wait I cant do hero Seth halls I havent ran SL 20 times in order to get revered with Lower city.

There are things I miss about the past. Using a little bit of CC in heros instead of the AOE spam fest that it is now. But all in all the game is in a better place.