Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Khatsoo's Signature Artwork

amazing !

i played arround with photoshop too during these days of waiting, but didn't even come close to your work

thanks a lot :-*

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jaily

amazing !

i played arround with photoshop too during these days of waiting, but didn't even come close to your work

No problem, I had real fun doing it Quite a challenge after playing too much with the transparency thing and the same "style"

And I hope your photoshop skills are improving (in some way! :P). See you around.

I loved Khatsoo's work. I use it on my guild forums and I have got several compliments and requests as to where to get them. I refer them to your thread and the Request a Signature thread. Props for all your hard work

Sig by: khatsoo

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bombthreat
    I loved Khatsoo's work. I use it on my guild forums and I have got several compliments and requests as to where to get them. I refer them to your thread and the Request a Signature thread. Props for all your hard work
    Thanks for your words. Makes me want to keep working and trying harder each time.

Btw mate...stupid question but...How do you make your text glow so nicely when i put it to glow it looks ugly :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jaily

amazing !

This one is absolutely gorgeous!

As for trends to follow, I think someone is a little full of themselves. To say fonts are old hat is a bit lame, or really anything to do with a signature. It's a small display of your WoW character, not a painting in a museum. These are definitely works of art, but I don't think they need to be held to the same standards as someone who is trying to sell they watercolor landscapes, or whatever.

PS. Let me know when you open up requests again. =D I'll start figuring out what I want now. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bombthreat
    Wholeheartedly seconded. Khatsoo's sig is now my forum sig on my guild forums, here, and would be on the official forums if they allowed .jpg signatures XD If I had any idea how to use Photoshop myself I'd offer you some constructive criticism, but, seeing as I can't, you'll just have to deal with the glowing recommendations I've given to guildmates who've asked about my new sig

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Defilerll
    Btw mate...stupid question but...How do you make your text glow so nicely when i put it to glow it looks ugly :/
    It's not a stupid question, you just don't know it.
    I do it by setting the layer with Overlap merging options (not sure of the name because I use Photoshop in another language).
    It will make the layer keep the color but merge with the darker tones in the background.
    Now you duplicate it once or twice depending on the brightness of the background (for example, if the bg is too dark, you'll need more duplicated layers).
    Finally you duplicate one or two more and use on them the filter Gaussian blur (again, not sure of the tool names), so it will enlighten the area around the type and make it look like "glowing".

I think it's another way of many others, but this one just works fine for me. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Lolzmoonfire
    This one is absolutely gorgeous!

As for trends to follow, I think someone is a little full of themselves. To say fonts are old hat is a bit lame, or really anything to do with a signature. It's a small display of your WoW character, not a painting in a museum. These are definitely works of art, but I don't think they need to be held to the same standards as someone who is trying to sell they watercolor landscapes, or whatever.

PS. Let me know when you open up requests again. =D I'll start figuring out what I want now. ^^
    That's it
    As for the requests, I think I'll open again soon.
    It's just that I feel like I got too many signatures to do and I don't want to feel stressed or leave people who requested without theirs. :-X

Quote Originally Posted by fiere
    Wholeheartedly seconded. Khatsoo's sig is now my forum sig on my guild forums, here, and would be on the official forums if they allowed .jpg signatures XD If I had any idea how to use Photoshop myself I'd offer you some constructive criticism, but, seeing as I can't, you'll just have to deal with the glowing recommendations I've given to guildmates who've asked about my new sig
    Thanks Fiere I could discover this good-looking-vine font while doing yours, so that's good! :P

thanks dude love it <3

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by spinalz
    thanks dude love it <3
    <3

10+ Year Old Account

Those are definately amazing artworks and they also fit my taste. I'm considering requesting a signature, but I do realize making such signatures takes time and effort. In your first post you mention that if characters are already cut out, it'd save you time making the signature. Now, I'm a total noob with photo-editing, but it sounds like something which I might actually be able to do with my limited skills. It basically means taking a shot of my char, and removing any pixels which belong to the background, right?

Since I'm considering requesting a multi-character signature, much like this one you posted. I guess that'd save you some time if I'd cut out the chars myself. Apart from the standard request format, how can I help you save time and is there any special way that character cutting should be done? Also, what should roughly be the size of such a character cut in pixels?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Purno
    Those are definately amazing artworks and they also fit my taste. I'm considering requesting a signature, but I do realize making such signatures takes time and effort. In your first post you mention that if characters are already cut out, it'd save you time making the signature. Now, I'm a total noob with photo-editing, but it sounds like something which I might actually be able to do with my limited skills. It basically means taking a shot of my char, and removing any pixels which belong to the background, right?

Since I'm considering requesting a multi-character signature, much like this one you posted. I guess that'd save you some time if I'd cut out the chars myself. Apart from the standard request format, how can I help you save time and is there any special way that character cutting should be done? Also, what should roughly be the size of such a character cut in pixels?
    First of all, thanks for your aim to help.
    But if you consider yourself a total noob in photo-editing, just let me do it, faster and better (no offense).
    Because I will have to take a pose that fits better as well, so no problem. :P

The exception is for people wno know about it and use WoW Model Viewer.
    You can just set the background color to something that's not on the model you want,
    and then make a selection with the "range of color" option, so it wipes the background color only.

For me it's a bit worse because I have to manually cut the backgrounds from the Armory MV,
    but most of the parts are easy work with the "magic wand" selection thing.

Feel free to make a good request as detailed as possible and expect to find your sig sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by khatsoo
    First of all, thanks for your aim to help.
    But if you consider yourself a total noob in photo-editing, just let me do it, faster and better (no offense).
    Because I will have to take a pose that fits better as well, so no problem. :P
    Aye, I probably would totally suck at taking a good pose... :P

The exception is for people wno know about it and use WoW Model Viewer.
    You can just set the background color to something that's not on the model you want,
    and then make a selection with the "range of color" option, so it wipes the background color only.
    If the WoW Model Viewer is easy to use, I could try that. I'll take a look when I'm home. According to WoWwiki I can download it at http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/ , unless there's more Model Viewers?

For me it's a bit worse because I have to manually cut the backgrounds from the Armory MV,
    but most of the parts are easy work with the "magic wand" selection thing.
    Well, I don't know if the Armory got the same quality, because if you're going to put effort in this sig, you better have good character cuts available :P
    Additionally, I don't know if the Model Viewer can equip characters with different gear, as my characters gear doesn't really look that awesome (and they're not keeping their current gear forever, so their looks ingame will change anyways)

Feel free to make a good request as detailed as possible and expect to find your sig sooner or later.
    I got some ideas in my head and a rough concept, but I'm also still thinking on some other things (like the background and stuff). I don't know if you'd want to think along to polish the request before actually starting artwork, or prefer a complete request straightaway?

Additionally I got another question. Once a signature has been made, how much work would it be to do changes to it? For example if some day I'd request to add or change a character cut, would you have to start over again or would it be a relatively easy job?

10+ Year Old Account

Aye, I probably would totally suck at taking a good pose... :P
    Heheh

If the WoW Model Viewer is easy to use, I could try that. I'll take a look when I'm home. According to WoWwiki I can download it at http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/ , unless there's more Model Viewers?
    That's it. One Model Viewer, and need WoW installed in the same computer, cause it access the files to display the models. (that's why I can't use it now, no WoW in the laptop)

Well, I don't know if the Armory got the same quality, because if you're going to put effort in this sig, you better have good character cuts available :P
    Additionally, I don't know if the Model Viewer can equip characters with different gear, as my characters gear doesn't really look that awesome (and they're not keeping their current gear forever, so their looks ingame will change anyways)
    The quality isn't bad at all. All the sigs I've made so far are characters from the Armory except 4 or 5 maybe (from Screenshots or Model Viewer pictures sent to me).
    The only thing that the Model Viewer would add is the freedom of taking the shot of the character (pose, camara angles, ..) and the gear (as with Armory I can only use yours). :-\
    Edit; I can dye somethings though, like I did in: http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5876/dotty0004.png or http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9493/korvish5.png
    ..but it's more work and it won't look as perfect as the original armor.

I got some ideas in my head and a rough concept, but I'm also still thinking on some other things (like the background and stuff). I don't know if you'd want to think along to polish the request before actually starting artwork, or prefer a complete request straightaway?
    I prefer all-in-one, as I would mess something with all the PMs I got in there. You know, I could forgot I got a further request in the next page, etc. :-X

Additionally I got another question. Once a signature has been made, how much work would it be to do changes to it? For example if some day I'd request to add or change a character cut, would you have to start over again or would it be a relatively easy job?
    It really depends on the signature, but if you'd like to keep it in the same style, it wouldn't be really difficult.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll try this Model Viewer at home and see if it's easy enough to use for an inexperienced user like me.

Thanks for your help and patience so far

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Armory link / SS:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&cn=illuminus

Text:I has a rubber ball!
    Font:If you could get the Pokemon font that would be great
    Background:Something like, the paladin backgrounds, those look nice.
    Color:Orangish, Reddish?
    Shapeoesn't matter really whatever is easiest for you
    Pose:waving
    Situation:Uhhh I don't understand this question

Additional information:If you could make a rubber ball be in my orcs hand that would be great

References:Wah?
    No requests in the thread, thanks.
    Ugh, is that difficult to read a bit before asking for something? :-\

10+ Year Old Account

No requests in the thread, thanks.
    Ugh, is that difficult to read a bit before asking for something? :-\
    It is
    You dont even know
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

10+ Year Old Account

Khatsoo, thanks to your advice I've been trying the Model Viewer and it seems it's pretty straightforward to use. I'm able to recreate my characters and gear them up with whatever think looks good.

If I'd provide you with images like this, would that work for you?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    It is
    You dont even know
    Sure Did you even read the first post?

Khatsoo, thanks to your advice I've been trying the Model Viewer and it seems it's pretty straightforward to use. I'm able to recreate my characters and gear them up with whatever think looks good.

If I'd provide you with images like this, would that work for you?
    Yeah, it's pretty simple to learn how to use it, not like Photoshop :P

The picture like the one you show is good, but might be even better if you use another bg color, for example a Green, because it's nowhere in the model.
    That blue could get mixed with the robes, etc.

10+ Year Old Account

Sure Did you even read the first post?
    Yea but I don't like PM
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE