Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Re: Khatsoo's Signature Artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Yea but I don't like PM
    Didn't I make you a signature like a few weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Caiti
    You did hon. Here it is..

PM Requests -

http://uberkayt.deviantart.com/art/P...ound-153368693

http://uberkayt.deviantart.com/art/P...ound-153371073

Not taking anymore PM Requests, I managed to get around 2 pages full last night o_o Most of them are just literally 3 words and won't be done but the rest I'm making my way through. Some of them being background which take a bit longer than signatures so please bare with me

And thanks to all the nice comments about my tutorial! I'm glad it's helped people!! <3

10+ Year Old Account

I lost it, thanks safhira for posting it I forgot what page it was on
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by khatsoo
    Not a big loss of quality, but I work less confortable not know how it will look when I resize it.
    I'm affraid a lot of the typography, that's why I went for an easy one with this try.
    I'm no graphic artist, so ignore me if I'm talking rubbish, but .. isn't the text the easy part? So maybe leave it out until after the image is resized?

[note: before you go looking at my sig, it's just a screenshot. Nothing fancy at all]

10+ Year Old Account

Okay, before actually submitting my request and sending my PM in your queue, I'd like to check if my concept request below would be workable for you. Perhaps I'm having too detailed ideas, or perhaps I should give more info on specific things. If you think some things will likely not work out, I can adjust my idea. Don't treat this as a request yet, I just want to finetune the request before sending it off to your work queue :P

---

Armory link / SS:
    Purnissa (Priest)
    Purnassia (Druid)
    Purninore (Warrior)

Text: "Bloodhoof EU", and character names
    Font: Realm name in Palatino Linotype (bold) or similar font.
    Background: Partially transparent, partially some natural background (e.g. not something like this. I don't really know what would be cool, but perhaps something like the background on this sig.
    Color: No preference, though something which fits the background (e.g. no red grass and no purple mountains)
    Shape: Box (100x500 pix) with half transparent, half background.
    Pose: Something like this would be nice for my chars, though perhaps a bit less cluttered.
    Situation: Multi-character sig.

Additional information:
    I made a sketch of my ideas which also shows my epic drawing skills.

References:
    The links mentioned above ^^ :P

---

Thanks for your effort so far!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil
    I'm no graphic artist, so ignore me if I'm talking rubbish, but .. isn't the text the easy part? So maybe leave it out until after the image is resized?

[note: before you go looking at my sig, it's just a screenshot. Nothing fancy at all]
    Why ignore you? We can just debate about it.

In my opinion, the text is really important. It's one of the things that transmits most of the information, it has be understandable but not ugly at the same time.
    And as a Graphic Designer, typography is one of the most important tools. It can be easier or harder sometimes, but you always have to try and manage well, to take care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purno
    Okay, before actually submitting my request and sending my PM in your queue, I'd like to check if my concept request below would be workable for you. Perhaps I'm having too detailed ideas, or perhaps I should give more info on specific things. If you think some things will likely not work out, I can adjust my idea. Don't treat this as a request yet, I just want to finetune the request before sending it off to your work queue :P

Thanks for your effort so far!
    Omg what a sh*ty request! Go away beggar! >

Just joking, that's nearly perfect. I'd do (try) it right now but as you said, I won't treat it as a request, in case you want to make further changes.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by khatsoo
    Omg what a sh*ty request! Go away beggar! >

Just joking, that's nearly perfect. I'd do (try) it right now but as you said, I won't treat it as a request, in case you want to make further changes.
    Nearly perfect? Well, I guess that'd be above average, so I'll send the PM :P (Thankfully I can quote myself and not having to add links and such again)

EDIT: Request should be sent by PM, but I can't check if it's actually sent. (It's not in Outbox, and I don't have any Sentbox other forums have). Could you tell me if my request hasn't been received by PM?

Wow, these sigs are amazing. I have been wanting to get a custom sig made for my toon for a while, but I have zero PS skills. I would really like to have one made up by you, but I noticed under your sig says you are not taking requests till you have gone through your current queue. Would you be able to message me when you open requests back up. I already have my request filled out and saved to send whenever.

Thanks for the sweet signature, Khatsoo! I love it.

Armory link / SS: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ggan&cn=Celtai

Text: Celtai
    Font: Creator Campotype
    Background: not sure what exatly but would like it to be as like demonic/disease like as you can Smiley
    Color:Blueish Black
    Shape:
    Pose: Undead cast spell or pointing
    Situation:

Additional information: love the way the character stands above the background and font.

Cheers x

can you rate it khatsoo? id rly appreciate it

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Defilerll

can you rate it khatsoo? id rly appreciate it
    Ok, let's see. There are some points that may be more related to the personal taste of each one,
    but I'll say everything I can or that I would change just to help you improve, don't take it in as an offense.

- Background is a bit plane, the texture isn't very rich and you didn't emphasise the shadows either. Find some good pictures to set in the background.
    - You have space, use it. The charactar is touching the left edge and the type is set in the far right and in a small size. You could move thing a bit more to the middle and make the type bigger.
    - Type is ok, as this font talks by itself, just bigger as I said before and maybe a bit more centered in the height, it's like going too much to the top of the sig, make it important as well.
    - The transparency is not bad (it's a bit more difficult with the cloud/splatter thing) but you got too much white areas that would look much worse in another color of background (in another forum, for example). And the small piece of white in the bottom/left edge.. agh, I hate it. It's like if it breaks the base where the sig stands.
    - For the character I would seriously recommend to try to get the add-on for Photoshop called Topaz, as it makes them look with much more presence.
    - Maybe add some other effects to make the sig more fun and epic, people wants their character to look cool and powerful usually.
    - And finally, what I learned during these weeks in here, learn and practice to use sources of light. Use layers in "soft light" or the "burn/dodge" tools to give the character and the surroundings more volume and space, it makes it looks more real and strong.

That's what I'd say if I wanted to give criticism with every point, but if it's your first try, you should be proud of it and keep going, it's not that bad!
    I learned a lot in these forums and by making lots of signatures, it's the only way you will really improve, so I hope to see some more of your work around here.

thanks mate that means a lot to me and il do the changes you said

Quick post to make sure you got my request. It doesn't show up in my outbox that I had sent one.

15+ Year Old Account

Khatsoo may take a while to get your sig out because of the massive amount he has to do, but by God it's worth the wait.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Desmodian
    Quick post to make sure you got my request. It doesn't show up in my outbox that I had sent one.
    I had the same issue once, but khatsoo pointed me out I actually had to check a "Save copy in outbox" box when sending the PM. Kinda confusing of this forum software, but your PM should be sent :P

Quote Originally Posted by Durenek
    Khatsoo may take a while to get your sig out because of the massive amount he has to do, but by God it's worth the wait.
    Agreed. vv

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure. I didn't want to be waiting without realizing that my request didn't even get sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Durenek
    ^^ Most def. I'm sure there are quite a few waiting in line. And the results I have seen are quite amazing.

10+ Year Old Account

Armory link / SS:
    http://img96.imageshack.us/f/hateysigunf.png/
    I will upload a picture of just chars without the background when I get home

Text: See SS
    Font: Dark and evil for rogue/ fancy and light for priest
    Background:
    Color: dark rogue side/ light priest side
    Shape: see SS, would like same style
    Pose: See SS
    Situation: both looking at each other with names /background in the middle

Additional information: Thanks! Seems like we have the same style, im just horrible with type and background!

References: