Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Mangle Buff + New Glyph -

I'd still leave the Mangle glyph out of my tanking glyphs with the change. The only discernible threat difference you'll notice is single-target snap-threat. Long-term threat will probably not change drastically, and I don't know many tank suffering from long-term threat on boss fights (especially bears). I either have Glyph of Growl for fights where you can't afford to miss a taunt or Glyph of Maul for extra aoe threat picking up mobs. Glyph of Frenzied Regen/Glyph of SI are just too good to pass up for survivability. Granted, the stacking HP/damage/healing buff has started in ICC, but we bears will benefit from it just as much as DPSers, so don't worry about threat differences due to the buff.

I'm honestly curious how they'll most likely change the feral talent tree in terms of Improved Mangle, since the talent will be outdated and lackluster with the new changes to the Mangle debuff.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lydian
    No it isn't, but not knowing it....seriously, its one of the most vital things about feral dps, shred should be ur 2nd dmg output.
    Yes, and it is. But who said I didn't know this? As I've said before, I just overlooked it (simply because it isn't in the Mangle tooltip, so I didn't think about it at first). This is 100% my bad, but it's no reason to go on about this. If you do, you're an ass aswell.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft
    I'd still leave the Mangle glyph out of my tanking glyphs with the change. The only discernible threat difference you'll notice is single-target snap-threat. Long-term threat will probably not change drastically, and I don't know many tank suffering from long-term threat on boss fights (especially bears).
    If nothing else, it would be a nice damage boost. Not that tank damage is critical, but it sure can't hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft
    I'm honestly curious how they'll most likely change the feral talent tree in terms of Improved Mangle, since the talent will be outdated and lackluster with the new changes to the Mangle debuff.
    I suspect it will stay the same, at least on the bear end. The glyph makes imp mangle still a viable threat alternative (instead of MSS), as Arel was saying in another thread. Even now, it's not about a lower cooldown to keep up the buff, it's purely for threat reasons.

On the cat end, it may also stay the same for pvp kitties or others who might need mangle a lot even with the change to shred (leveling, soloing).

Maybe a good starter bear glyph, but I wouldn't use it.

Glyph 1: Frenzied Regen
    Glyph 2: SI
    Glyph 3: Maul/Growling depending on the fight.

I really don't see where I would put it.

I'm really thinking about dropping my Growl Glyph. Would be Mangle, SI & Maul.

Mangle glyph is good for leveling your kitty!
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Deleted

I have cleaned up a few comments. Keep it civil guys.

Looking at it from tanking pov i'd still consider Mangle to be a situational glyph.

My base glyphs atm are: Survival Instincts / Frenzied Regen.
    I then swap around my third glyph between Maul and Growl depending on the fight. I will be using the mangle glyph though on fights where taunting isn't really important and where there aren't multiple mobs to tank.

So basically:
    Single target fight without taunting: Mangle Glyph (Example: Festergut, Blood-Queen)
    Multiple target / add fight: Maul Glyph (Example: Lady Deathwhisper, Dreamwalker)
    Fight with tank swapping or agro drops: Taunt Glyph (Example: Deathbringer Saurfang, Lord Marrowgar)

For progress raiding i'd never drop SI or Regen glyphs simply because you want max survivability then. You shouldn't need the extra damage from Mangle glyph for threat purposes anyway, though the dmg might help slightly if there's a really tight enrage timer

Quote Originally Posted by Nenaunir
    Looking at it from tanking pov i'd still consider Mangle to be a situational glyph.

My base glyphs atm are: Survival Instincts / Frenzied Regen.
    I then swap around my third glyph between Maul and Growl depending on the fight. I will be using the mangle glyph though on fights where taunting isn't really important and where there aren't multiple mobs to tank.

So basically:
    Single target fight without taunting: Mangle Glyph (Example: Festergut, Blood-Queen)
    Multiple target / add fight: Maul Glyph (Example: Lady Deathwhisper, Dreamwalker)
    Fight with tank swapping or agro drops: Taunt Glyph (Example: Deathbringer Saurfang, Lord Marrowgar)

For progress raiding i'd never drop SI or Regen glyphs simply because you want max survivability then. You shouldn't need the extra damage from Mangle glyph for threat purposes anyway, though the dmg might help slightly if there's a really tight enrage timer
    Maybe you should change your mind about Festergut. I am one of the MTs in my guild raid due to my Health, I have to taunt whenever my other tank get 8 stack. Also, because we use three tanks for Lord Marrowgar (25), I never have to taunt at all.

My idea:

Single target fight without taunting: Mangle Glyph (Example: Rotface, Blood-Queen, Lord Marrowgar)
    Fight with tank swapping or agro drops: Growl Glyph (Example: Deathbringer Saurfang, Festergut)

10+ Year Old Account

the Glyph is mainly a PVP buff, most of the time in arena u cant position for Shred and u r forced to mangle

so to my understanding glyph will increase percentage base dmg and additional dmg yeah?

i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Mmmm pvp buffs.