Poll: Good Idea?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Vault of Archavon Idea

Horrible idea.

For 10 man there is no reason to do anything beyond the latest boss. The others don't drop anything better than could be obtained by farming heroics as their gear is iLevel 232 or lower and drops triumph badges. If you need any of this gear you can go farm heroics and get it yourself. You are also being carried by the raid as you aren't the appropriate gear level for the final boss.

For 25 man I expect to do the 2 most recent bosses as the 245 pieces are better than can be obtained from heroics or triumph badges and may still be needed by a number of people. The other 2 are below the level of gear you could get from badges from heroics and once again if you need that gear you are being carried by the raid.

Any idea that requires you to kill them in order is even worse. You can end up getting saved to an instance that isn't able to kill all the bosses and then good luck trying to get a new group formed back up with an already saved instance.

With 4 different tiers of difficulty and gear the only ones that are relevant at the most recent one or two at most. Anything that tries to forcibly change that is just going to be a horrible idea full of problems.

With that all said I don't typically drop the instance if the majority want to keep going and clear the other bosses but I don't feel at all bad if it falls apart and we don't kill the other bosses.

Deleted

Your idea has a major flaw. If people DO leave the group, for whatever reason, and the group wasn't too strong in the first place - you might not have enough people left to do Emalon, and the group is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Flight
    I like it how it is. Get your 2 frost and gtfo.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Flight
    I like it how it is. Get your 2 frost and gtfo.
    this for me also

that's a bad idea... if u want to get the old bosses so much, get your guild to go with you. Veryfew people still need those bosses and why should they be punished if they don't run you bosses they don't need?

Seriously?

With all of the welfare epics out there that are EASILY attainable you still want to force people to drag your alts or lolundergearedmains through all the bosses? Ridiculous.

And just like you, I have alts that are new to 80, and when I bring them into VoA I still don't want to do the other bosses. Anything off of Arch/Ema is obsolete and you can get better from heroics, and anything from Kora can be attained with grinding a few heroics.

Stop trying to make other people gear you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

I think Archavons room should be locked untill You beat all the bosses, and then His door opens. Blizz should change his loot table so It would be about the same ilvl as the newest boss in the instance, like right now he would drop gear comparable to The ice boss. (i dont know his name.)

I dont like the raid extention idea. It would piss many players off.

If you want to kill anything other than toravon you should find an entire raid of people who need gear from the other bosses.

Can't kill toravon with a raid like that? Not my problem.

Terrible idea, and one that has been discussed to death already.

Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll
    And just like you, I have alts that are new to 80, and when I bring them into VoA I still don't want to do the other bosses. Anything off of Arch/Ema is obsolete and you can get better from heroics, and anything from Kora can be attained with grinding a few heroics.

This is exactly why Blizzard is not ever going to do anything to force people to do all the bosses in Vault. They understand the quick progression of gear, this is why you get triumph emblems from heroics now rather than just the Heroism ones. It's so you don't HAVE to do the content from past tiers that yields lesser gear.

If they made a change like this to Vault, they would have to do the same with Heroics, put them back to awarding ilvl 200 gear so your precious alts will now need to go to Naxx and Ulduar before being able to go to ToC and ICC after some timely Heroic Farming.

Its easier to make all the bosses there drop frost badges... problem solved.

For people who just preach go run heroics... It takes 30 - 50 triumphs for 1 piece that's at least 5 heroics for the easiest piece... or an extra 3 min time for a drop from a diff boss and retaining your badges.

Uhmm... that's what raids are, your requiring the assisstance of others in hopes you get a gear upgrade. So what your saying is that it's all joe cool to get there help for your gear, but not okay for you to return that help and help them? :-\

They call that selfishness, which your probably fine with thats cool.

I think the bosses should be like a raid. Arch then Em, Kor and Tor if you wipe on Tor better luck next week, don't forget you can always FARM frost badges the way you want the rest to farm triumph

15+ Year Old Account

My opinion: No!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    For people who just preach go run heroics... It takes 30 - 50 triumphs for 1 piece that's at least 5 heroics for the easiest piece... or an extra 3 min time for a drop from a diff boss and retaining your badges.
    Assuming this is reference to Koralon that 3 minutes for a 2 out of ~120 chance that some you need drops. Odds are very high that instead something unneeded will drop and will just get destroyed if it's a pvp piece or de'ed/vendored for a set piece. It's not that hard or time consuming to get the badges to ensure you can get the piece you need. There isn't really any need to try to win the lottery, so to speak, in getting lucky on the drop on Koralon.

If it's any of the older bosses it will get replaced at some point eventually once you get the badges.