Dear Mage Applicants,

I am the Mage Class Leader of <The Island>, a casual-hard core guild on Executus EU

As we approach the end of ICC Normal we are in need of just one single Mage to complete the Mage team. Just because we are not a Hard Core Heroic guild does not mean I don't expect the best from any Mages playing on my team. More so than perhaps any other class, the Mage team here has long been the most tight-knit and fun team, and now that a few of our old Mages have retired, I would like to continue this tradition.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IN A MAGE:

- Outstanding knowledge of the Mage class in PVE situations.
- Excellent knowledge of how to gem, how to enchant, how to spec and WHY.
- A Mage I can depend on to show up for nearly every raid. We only raid three times a week, missing one raid is already 1/3rd of your attendance.
- A Mage I can depend on being in my team for a while to come. If you are planning on getting a new job soon that will stop you from showing up on raid days then do not bother to apply. Be honest with what you want.

I have played Mage from the first day I started this game. There is no class I enjoy playing more and I have never gotten bored of playing this class. I would like to be in a hard core guild that does ICC 25 HC but I've tried it and I simply don't have the time to do that. However:

- I want to put ICC 25 Normal on farm and I want to be able to do ICC 10 HC up to the first few bosses. I want all Mages on my team to want the same things.

WHY RAID AS A MAGE IN THE ISLAND?

- If you do not have enough time to raid every night of the week but still want decent ICC progress on 10 and 25 man then we are the guild for you. Many of our members are students/employed/married and are unable to raid every day late into the night and many of our members like to get out on the weekend. We raid three days a week on days that are considered doable by most (no Friday or Saturday raiding, for example).

- With exception to your Trial period, you are not expected to attend 100% of raids, although you should not fall below 60% either. You can miss a raid now and then, but if becomes once a week you will be replaced.

- Fair DKP system that has worked for us for ages. Everybody get their fair share of DKP for the night, including those who have been left out as back up.

- It is unlikely that you will get BiS HC gear here since we are not a hard core guild. But you can bet on getting full ICC 25 gear and our ten man groups DO do hard modes, and you can expect to raid in ICC 10 HC.

- We have a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere in the guild as well as during raid times, although talking during a boss fight will get you removed. We have a Mage channel that is almost of infamous status here. As a Mage I will expect you to be in that channel at all times, and that is the one place where you are free to laugh, joke, @*%@* about the Raid Leader, hatch plans on out bidding people, and generally say whatever you want. Our Mage channel is so popular even other selfish classes try to hi-jack it.

- IF you are A) Somebody who expects to be doing ICC 25 HC soon then we are not the guild for you. WoW Progress this way ---->
- IF you are B) Somebody who hates wiping, hates logging for progress bosses, then we are most certainly not the guild for you.

- If you are D) Somebody who does not want to be in a hard core guild but wants the next best thing then we are the guild for you.
- If you are C) Somebody who does want to be in a hard core guild but is mature enough to know you don't have the time to be in one, then we are the guild for you.

REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:

I do not expect an application that is pages long. But here is what I DO expect to see:

- You are to make an excellent application.
I do not know you. The most information I can get about you as a player is from your application. Applications with any question left unanswered or with one-line answers will be instantly rejected. The longer your application the more time you likely put into it and the more I know you are serious about joining.

- Include a working armory link in your application.
Without it, your application will be trashed.

- You must not be under 18 years old.
The younger you are, the less control you will have over your playtimes. You will be expected to have total control over your playtimes and I don't accept excuses like "My mom wants me to go to bed at X o'clock". Special exceptions can be given if you're 17, but if you are under this then don't even bother applying.

- You must have the absolute best enchants and gems for the gear you have.
It's ok if you do not have full ICC 10/25 gear, but whatever gear you have it had better be maxed out with gems and enchants. Do not let me catch you with resilience on PVE gear. These gems and enchants are considered part of your application. IF they are sloppy then your application is sloppy.

- You must be prepared to defend your spec, and anything else I have a question about.
Not everyone has the exact same spec or gems in exactly the same way or uses the exact same items. But every Mage here is expected to know his or her class inside out, so be ready to answer questions.

ONCE YOU ARE A TRIAL:

- Wiping is your first love. Learning from your mistakes is your second. Mage channel is your third.

- Your Trial will last 3 weeks from the day you are invited.

- As a Trialist, you will be expected to have 100% attendance.
There is no official guild rule for attendance. However, I will expect you to have 100% attendance during your Trial. That means three raids a week for three weeks. If you show up but do not get a spot, then that will still count towards your attendance. You must be online exactly half an hour before the raid starts (19:30 CET) and not a minute later. I cannot get you invited to the raid if you are not there. If you are sick or will go on vacation during your trial, then let me know and I can extend your trial. Otherwise I want to see you online for every raid during your Trial.

- You will get DKP as a Trial regardless of whether you get a spot or not and you can bid on items just like everyone else.

- You are expected to be in our designated class channel at all times, even outside of raids.
No arguing with this one, just do it.

- Your performance in raids will be constantly assessed while you are trial.
Your knowledge of bosses is paramount, but how you adapt your play style to a certain boss is even more important. We all @!@@ up. But you will have to show that you can quickly learn from your mistakes and not repeat them. Too many stupid mistakes and DPS far below what is capable with your gear will result in a quick termination of your trial.

Good luck and looking forward to having you on our Mage team,

Yunallesca

Apply at:
http://island.guildomatic.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2