Quote Originally Posted by deadman80
Don't bother with Invigoration, it has nearly no impact on how fast you go OOM.. 1% mp for my hunter is about 140mp, but Invig is dependent on your pet's ability crits (regular melee crits don't count here,) which is not something easy to control or predict in my experience. if you use a pet with a non-damaging family racial, like wolves, then Invig gets even worse, as it solely depends on Bite crits in that case... but even when I tested this with a bear, it still only worked out to ~60mp5 for me. in my case, it was a better investment to switch out Invig for Spirit Bond, which reduced the number of Mend Pet i had to toss out.

The best tip I can give you about mana issues is to use viper+multishot when there are 3+ mobs then immediately switch back to AotD, it gives me ~2.5k mp each time i do this.

I do most non-raid stuff as BM and I for one am looking forward to the changes coming for BM... now if only they would give us our t5 2pc as a mid-range BM talent and increase the amount of mana that Invigoration gives overall, (make it 1%/2% or proc on any pet crit,) then we'd be set >.>;;
Yes, but for instances, and especially raids, if a BM hunter is using a devilsaur who is fully buffed, invigoration can easily be the difference between minutes of viper and infinite mana. If you're having to go into viper during combat, invigoration becomes a very good talent choice.