Quick question about trinkets..

Hey, currently i have the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50198 and i was looking at buying the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50355 for 60 frosties, was just curious if anyone has used it personally, and that if it would be useful for me given my current stats - here's an armory link so you can have a peek at my current haste and the such.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...wsong&cn=Doram

Re: Quick question about trinkets..

No no and no. That trinket just isn't good for a hunter. Out of all the stats we actually use haste is the least important. You already have WFS just stick with and and save your badges for someone more useful like upgrading your gloves to Logsplitters or getting more pieces of T10. You aren't using 2T9 so you should be making a run for 4xT10 asap.

Seeing as I have ~150 badges and nothing to do with them but buy Saronite and sell it, I think I will buy the War Token tonight and see what happens.

Femaledwarf says this:

Combined: 11648.27 100.00%
    Hunter: 10334.88 88.72%
    Pet: 1313.39 11.28%
    Previous: 11647.91 +0.36

+0.36 dps over Mjolnir Runestone interestingly.

And in my SV spec:

Combined: 11238.21 100.00%
    Hunter: 9785.15 87.07%
    Pet: 1453.06 12.93%
    Previous: 11213.20 +25.01

+25.01 dps over DMC: Greatness, also interestingly.

Obviously the 340 AP it gives is enough to allow for the seemingly irrelevant 153 haste.

153 haste isn't all that bad.

Interesting, says i would have 86 more DPS.. I'll save my frosties.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    153 haste isn't all that bad.
    With ur steady shot at 1.5 sec haste is useless eccept for autoshot, but that won't be fired as long as ur casting steady shot :P, so in general it's a bad stat

Quote Originally Posted by Scwab
    With ur steady shot at 1.5 sec haste is useless eccept for autoshot, but that won't be fired as long as ur casting steady shot :P, so in general it's a bad stat
    Haste is a flat out increase to the damage done by auto shot, and as MM, with your auto shot being 1/3 of your damage, it's not the worst thing in the world.

For funsies, I ran my stat breakdown on the spreadsheet, coming out at 1.03 DPS per point of haste, so a bit over 150 DPS passively from the trinket's haste alone, plus another few hundred from the AP. I wouldn't be afraid of haste so much. Of course, I wouldn't use this over DBW, DV, even NES, but it IS better than DMCG/etc for my gear.

Fair enough, I'm not saying hunters should get haste at all, but you should get all the haste you need from gear, many other trinkets are better ^^ and using marks on that trinky is a waste compared to f.eks the gloves you can buy or t10

To much haste is waste, cwatididther?:P

There are better things to buy with Frosts, the trinket isnt terrible by any means. But there are much better upgrades available with relative ease.

The trinket is decent if you've already acquired your T10 4piece and anything else you might need, such as the belt. To give you an idea of where it stands, it is only slightly worse than the ToC25 Death's Choice/Verdict (less than 10 dps diff. personally). So, if for some reason you've ended up not getting that one, this is a decent replacement. At least until you get your hands on Saurfang's thingy. However, I certainly wouldn't prioritize getting it over anything else available via badges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

At this point I'm sure plenty of people have badges to waste on a trinket to just experiment with. (I've purchased t10 4pc, belt, and cloak, and just unloaded 4 P. Saronite the other day, since I had nothing better to do with it.)

Deaths choice, Whisper Fang, and DBW are all better, but deffinately an option if you are missing one of those for the second trinket.

This might be a little out of place, but does anyone else thing that Bliz gave too much weight to trinkets in wotlk. There have been a ton of these threads, and even more threads bitching about the NeS, and even more about drop rates and such. I think they either need to decrease the importance of trinkets or increase the availability. The number hunters that I see running around in full icc 10/25 gear, but still rocking DmCG and NeS makes this problem pretty obvious. I think if you look at loot tables it appears to me that caster and tank trinkets, also to an extent melee dps trinkets, are far easier to get. I could be wrong; there could be a bit more qq in this post than necessary, but it's obnoxious to still be stuck with an ilvl 200 trinket that I've had since a couple weeks after I dinged 80.

With ur steady shot at 1.5 sec haste is useless eccept for autoshot, but that won't be fired as long as ur casting steady shot
    Although this was quoted by a forum mod, I think I should point out to people that this guy is wrong -- you do continue firing autoshots while casting steady.

Quote Originally Posted by Skybluesky
    Although this was quoted by a forum mod, I think I should point out to people that this guy is wrong -- you do continue firing autoshots while casting steady.
    To be honest, the people who know that it used to unlink your auto shots probably know it doesn't anymore, and the people who don't know either way aren't going to be thinking about it anyway.

you don't need any haste unless you got the chimera glyph (as MM)