Enhancement Shaman help

I am unsure where to start really i have been playing a shaman for several months. As enhancement..
    i am fully aware that ingame damage meter Recount isnt spot on. my big bang for a question is where am i going wrong

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ders&cn=Sharat

Currently i have followed Rawr suggestions as far as what to gem for gear for enchant for and all that. but only peaking at about 4kdps for the most part. spiked into the 5k region on some fights and lower on others.
    I use Shockandawe addon and try to follow it perfectly.

Any suggestions would be great.. i am tossing around the idea i have read on other posts to go with atp/haste gems but not sure if that is where im lacking dps or what..

Re: Enhancement Shaman help

a world of logs parse would be alot more helpfull than linking your armory in determening what youre doing wrong. Overall your shaman doesent have "the best gear" possible, but you should be able to pull more than 4k consistantly.

all honestly i hate rawr, to me it isnt very accurate. You should really use enhsim to figure out which stat(s) are best for you. with your gear, i know you shouldnt be stacking any crit as you are already past the cap for UR/Flurry. With your meta you have to use 2 blue gems, which is fine, but you need to be smarter about your gem choice/placement. 1 Blue gem should be 10 stats, and the other should be 20ap/15stm, though expertise/stam is fine if ur low on expertise. You need to place these gems into a blue socket where you can get a bonus of +16 AP, +12 AP, or +8 AP obviously the higher ap bonuses have priority. As for the rest of your gems you should really just use enhsim. Also, I'm not sure on which type of fights you are doing, but for the most part stam/run speed to boots is better than hit/crit. Also, if you are not having any mana problems, which hopefully you are not, you can change your spec around a tad. I would advise taking 1 point outta imp SS and put it into 3/3 Call of Flame, and you could prolly take 2 points outta imp shields and do 2/2 imp fire nova. Also, posting your rotation/spell priority would help greatly too.

Yeah just a small piece of advice cuz I don't feel like typing, replace those AP/crit with AP/haste imo.

Edit: and look at replacing one of those trinkets asap because u don't need that much hit as your not near the crit cap.

personally i dont have any log parses.. and as far as for say rotation i go with shock and awe for the roatation.
    as far as rawr i am starting to see it being wrong more and more... i did make a change as far as the gems in belt and went with a few quick kings amber for atp/haste.. and also added a +10 gem in also..

i will go download enhsim and see if i can understand it.. thank you so far for input.. it is gratefully accepted

yes the trinket situation is almost gone i need 4 more badges to get the war token.
    cant decide on which trinket to replace it with though the use for more haste or use for more atp...... shard of the crystal heart or mark of supremacy

i also have the breastplate of cruel intenthttp://www.wowhead.com/?item=46960
    sorry dont know how to do hover over links...
    and eyes of bewildermenthttp://www.wowhead.com/?item=50197
    i have thought about using the chest peice but figured i would lose more dps by switching out and losing the tier bonus with 4 pieces.. any thoughts. and i tried using enhsim and with my day and how it went the numbers and scrolling in dos window just overloaded my brain..

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46960 is the best off-set piece pre LK loot and pre-hard mode http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46960 so use that and get the Tier 9.5 shoulders. The trinket thing u should sim. I personally would rather the ap trinket because u can use in conjunction with wolves but you are rather low on haste so the haste trinket may be better, again sim it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by battosi08
    all honestly i hate rawr, to me it isnt very accurate. You should really use enhsim to figure out which stat(s) are best for you.
    Precisely what is wrong with Rawr? What is it doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by sharat
    as far as rawr i am starting to see it being wrong more and more... i did make a change as far as the gems in belt and went with a few quick kings amber for atp/haste.. and also added a +10 gem in also..
    What exactly is "wrong more and more" with Rawr. 90%+ of the time it is down to users using it wrongly not that the program itself is wrong. Tell me what the actual issue is and if there is a problem I can fix it. Bad mouthing a program probably because you are using it wrong is not constructive.

personal experiences of using Rawr.

when i very first started using rawr i lived by it and suggested everyone use it. Now i am starting to see the dps according to rawr and actual dps to be very different. Granted could be something i am doing wrong. i am not as perfect using the program as the person who coded it. and possibly someone who has been using it since development time.. but as far as loading character from the armory, disabling all buffs(to see my characters raw possible dps) i am doing each and every time. its saying i should be doing about 4.2k dps( at work and cant remember exact figure) but on a test dummy, pet out totems down sr being used haste trinket and zero buffs. i am barley pulling over 3k on a test dummy..

I see alot of comments on this website stating haste haste haste but with the right gear. possibly my gear isnt upto snuff. i only have 2 items out of icc 10 thus far and the 264 belt. after i go thru and select buffs i get normally from our group in a 10m icc raid it ticks up showing i should be getting about 7k dps and i am barley seeing 4-5k.

if it is something i am doing wrong then so be it... but some direction... and levva as far as you. awesome program... i use it and follow it the best i can as far as priority but sometimes yeah the fingers works faster then the brain in which spell or action to use...

when i very first started using rawr i lived by it and suggested everyone use it. Now i am starting to see the dps according to rawr and actual dps to be very different. Granted could be something i am doing wrong. i am not as perfect using the program as the person who coded it. and possibly someone who has been using it since development time.. but as far as loading character from the armory, disabling all buffs(to see my characters raw possible dps) i am doing each and every time. its saying i should be doing about 4.2k dps( at work and cant remember exact figure) but on a test dummy, pet out totems down sr being used haste trinket and zero buffs. i am barley pulling over 3k on a test dummy..

I see alot of comments on this website stating haste haste haste but with the right gear. possibly my gear isnt upto snuff. i only have 2 items out of icc 10 thus far and the 264 belt. after i go thru and select buffs i get normally from our group in a 10m icc raid it ticks up showing i should be getting about 7k dps and i am barley seeing 4-5k.

if it is something i am doing wrong then so be it... but some direction... and levva as far as you. awesome program... i use it and follow it the best i can as far as priority but sometimes yeah the fingers works faster then the brain in which spell or action to use...

Did you turn off all the buffs? Or are you trying to compare Rawr, which is simmed, perfect scenario dps, against your group buffs/unbuffed dps?

Chances are you don't have EVERY buff rawr uses, and you will not do the same dmg that Rawr sims. However, I tend to outdps Rawr's numbers with all the buffs, I usually clipboard to enhsim When I want to see what numbers I'm trying to push.

I also know, for a fact, from a few posts of info from levva, that I generally have NO IDEA how to properly use Rawr, and I doubt I'm alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Deleted

It does sound like your own personal reaction times are higher than average (as indeed are my own) and so you need to change reaction time upwards to give more realistic results.

At the end of the day, the main feature Rawr is giving you is not an absolute figure for your dps, but a relative one. ie: this item is worth X dps more/less than that one. The total dps is typically never achieved except perhaps on Saurfang.

my2cents: WAY too much hit and clumsy gemming.
    DON'T ever use more blue gems than your meta socket requires. ever.
    taking a +4 agi socket bonus by using a nightmare tear on your shoulders and ignoring the +12 ap on your bp ? we're not rogues. we're not hunters. we're not druids. i don't think there is a single situation where agi surpasses AP that much for an enhshammy.
    another thing... gemmin for crit is a thing of the past. it might have been needed in early wotlk when we were low on crit, but no longer. the gear you can so easily get now is bloated with crit.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.