Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why do you play a warrior?

Simple as that. What is the reason you have chosen this class over all the others? For me, it was the most simple build I could think of and I was going through a killing things with a sword phase when I initially created it. How about you guys?
    [

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Why do you play a warrior?

I was bored of my huntard BM's easy play in TBC and I wanted to have two two handers and I had a warrior alt on another server that I liked and I really got to like the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I picked this class when the game came out so I could protect people. So far I still love doing that.

My first toon was a warrior. Made it to lvl 16 and got so pissed off that lvl 11s were owning my face so i deleted it and rerolled druid.

I just recently started a new warrior, gave it boa gear and am having quite a different experience. I think the whole being new and having no money or gear was a big issue. I also wasn't very good at quests and I think I had a weapon from the starting zone.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account

I play a warrior because fury is amazing fun. It, to me, is the most fun spec in the game. I enjoy the fact I provide some utility to raids, have great mobility, and get to enjoy chasing rogue DPS. Even if I'll never hit it because rogues are simply just better, it's a journey - and a fun one for me.

Every RPG I've played I've played a Tank. My Warrior was my first character on the release of WoW and is still my main this day.

The only other class I enjoy is Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    In a city on the back of a roaming colossus

I've started several warriors over my time playing, but only leveled one to 80. I just love the physical damage aspect and in-your-face attitude of the classes charge abilities. I don't like fury, for the whole dual wielding thing, i prefer a single large weapon with which to chop my enemy's face off.

And for those of you who think "Well go roll a DK", i have an 80 DK, too, but I dislike the disease reliance, where warriors are purely physical smash your face in.

Plus the idea of a little undead female warrior charging to you and screaming in rage while she beats you to death with her giant axe strikes me as hilarious.
    "Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes." - Douglas Adams

I think I play a warrior because I started out as one and because I had access to a free 70 undead warrior in TBC. When that got taken from me I finished out my original warrior and loved my class ever since. Also I don't have to wait for slow tanks.
    Justin#12658

Quote Originally Posted by Beret
    Simple as that. What is the reason you have chosen this class over all the others? For me, it was the most simple build I could think of and I was going through a killing things with a sword phase when I initially created it. How about you guys?
    Warriors of all classes need the must skill to own in pvp<3

best class ever

"...many stand against us but they will never win,
    we said we would return and here we are again,
    to bring them all destruction, suffering and pain.
    we are the hammer of the gods,
    we are thunder wind and rain..."

Manowar - Warriors of the world.

V

started as a mage in vanilla and played till mid TBC but kinda got bored of dpsing and our guild needed a tank when the MT left the guild then i decided to roll a warrior for real while i had a warrior toon on every realm i played around lvl 40s while playing both alliance then horde. Later in TBC my warrior became my main and love tanking rather than dpsing. Since then still tanking and never getting bored^^

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Virasha WRATH
    best class ever

"...many stand against us but they will never win,
    we said we would return and here we are again,
    to bring them all destruction, suffering and pain.
    we are the hammer of the gods,
    we are thunder wind and rain..."

Manowar - Warriors of the world.

V
    Nice Virasha... nice!

Warrior was the first and only class I rolled back in open beta. I loved it. I wanted to be a plate class, because I knew down the line that their armor would look cooler and they would have bigger weapons.

I also am not a fan of casting and mana.... I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy. Simple. Warriors were simple, yet intricate in their own way.

I was really psyched for the Death Knight class, and was even thinking it would replace my warrior but I didn't. DK's can't hold a candle to my warrior. Titan's grip made things even more amazing.

I have loved the class from the beginning, and will continue to play one (or three XD)
    RIP <SoP>

Pure awesomeness, 3 different spec, and every of them is viable in PvE. Tired of fury, go arms, tired of DPS, go prot. Pure awesomeness, and a very good, but balanced dps and rotation, I love it Not like the retradins, with 3 buttons in all specs, it require some focus. The best class in the game, without competition!

IMO, most fun class! never letting my baby go <333
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

The warrior was the first class that I picked up and I still rank it as
    my all time favourite. Ive tried others out of curiousity, but none have
    been as fun as the warrior in my book and they never will.

My very first character was a Tauren hunter that I had absolutely no idea how to play. I had an awful spec of a smattering of points in all three trees, I died at least twice every time I played him and I never made it past level 22 or 23. In a moment of frustration after having died a third or fourth time, I rolled a warrior to play around with when I got annoyed with my hunter. It's been love ever since.

I'm a big Warhammer Nut and I loved the idea of being able to play an Orc Warrior swinging around a massive axe, also i had just switched form Guild Wars (glad i did too), and my character there had been a ranger, so i was looking for something different from Ranged gameplay

To be an unstoppable rape machine.

Because I was a bit of a sadist and don't like letting go of things.

Got my warrior to the late 40s, took a break, came back and finally finished leveling up first aid, hit OL and never looked back. Good dps, great tanking and far too long of a time investment keep me coming back to my warrior.

was my first char/class as I liked the description of the warrior class on the char creation. and I kept to the class cus of CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE can't live without it now, the skill I miss the most on any alt is the posibilty to charge/intercept/intervene to get to places a tiny bit faster