Hit Rating for Healers

So I remember reading something about needing hit rating to be a healer in the distant future (like in the expansion). However I haven't heard a bunch about it or even know if its a for sure thing.

Has anyone else heard of this? do we know if its really going to happen? Also are we going to need as much hit rating to heal as one would need as dps? does this mean healing and dpsing gear will be a lot more similar and can be rolled on by either? Sounds to me like it would take longer to get items if were rolling against all the dps too. Anyways whats the word on this?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Hit Rating for Healers

Your heals will land without question, you need not worry about this. sleep well knowing this

We will share leather with Boomkins. They will get hit from the spirit on leather, there will be no hit on leather.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...

Deleted

No. Read blue post on front page about cataclysm itemisation.

10+ Year Old Account

If I were a healer I wouldn't want another thing to worry about, getting enough HR would be one of them...

be glad you weren't a priest when dispell and mass dispell were affected by hit rating, and shadow priests didn't exist in raids

mass dispell and no such thing as shadow priests?...

There was one case in Naxxramas where priests needed some hit for Mind Control. CC in general still benefits from hit if you are ever needed to perform one as a healer, but otherwise hit is entirely pointless.