Prot PvP - Help Much needed.

Briefly

a. Does prot pvp rely on the shield and wep, or is it very geared based.

b. Why would you pick prot over ret

c. Do you stack pure STR or do you head towards Block.

d. What is the best 2v2 combo for a prot pally

e. What is the spec for a prot pally

f. Does prot still work well (I havent tried for a long time)

Re: Prot PvP - Help Much needed.

A - It's SBV reliant and str realiant get a good slow 1h'r and a SBV shield
    B - I personaly still play ret and I'm 2350 in 2s with a resto sham and 2400 in 3s with Ret / MM / Dpriest, however you'll find that more people as dps paladins in high ratings are prot because it has more offensive utility than ret adn can still put out serious numbers, such as a silence THIRTY SECOND HoJ and so on, not to mention the survivability that comes with prot.
    C - Pure str in everything except maybe t9 leggings for teh SBV and get a SBV shield.
    D - I'd go Prot / Disc priest or Prot /Resto Shaman or Druid. It's more balanced towards 3s though in which case I'd go Prot / MS Warr / Resto Druid or just play as ret and run a Ret / MM / Healer cleave.
    E - http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000 Is the spec I'd run with, or you can drop a few pts in imp devo aura if you run with a resto druid and stick those points into reckoning. (sorry about long link did it quickly)
    F - Yes prot still works well, depending on your playstyle it can work better than ret.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatteredBWL
    A - It's SBV reliant and str realiant get a good slow 1h'r and a SBV shield
    B - I personaly still play ret and I'm 2350 in 2s with a resto sham and 2400 in 3s with Ret / MM / Dpriest, however you'll find that more people as dps paladins in high ratings are prot because it has more offensive utility than ret adn can still put out serious numbers, such as a silence THIRTY SECOND HoJ and so on, not to mention the survivability that comes with prot.
    C - Pure str in everything except maybe t9 leggings for teh SBV and get a SBV shield.
    D - I'd go Prot / Disc priest or Prot /Resto Shaman or Druid. It's more balanced towards 3s though in which case I'd go Prot / MS Warr / Resto Druid or just play as ret and run a Ret / MM / Healer cleave.
    E - http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000 Is the spec I'd run with, or you can drop a few pts in imp devo aura if you run with a resto druid and stick those points into reckoning. (sorry about long link did it quickly)
    F - Yes prot still works well, depending on your playstyle it can work better than ret.
    If i dont have access to a good 1h, does that greatly effect it ?

Other than white hits? Not really HotR is affected to some degree, but it's not a huge deal, ofcourse a good powerful weapon is always wanted to maximize however you could get to like 2400 with Nighttime out of H PoS if you wanted.

i just changed protribution for arena.

let me give you an idea

me and my resto druid partner are bothe brand new to arena. basicly i have done arena in the past but nothing that means anything, basicly just for points. she had never steped foot in arena beffor.

welp we got to 1400 and couldnt make it past that point, basicly we hit a wall. i would say not skill wise but just because resto druid ret isnt the ideal comp for a ret paladin or a resto druid. they work but i would say a new set of players shouldnt pick that comp up to start if you have a choice. anyway, we hit 1400 couldnt get past for about 3 weeks, so i figured why not and went protribution and.... we jumped to 1600 in 1 day, droping to 1540 after a string of 1800 mmr teams ground us into the dust. my 3v3 team warrior wanted me to go ret for 3v3 so i did, and we did fairly well. me and my partner for 2v2 went back in as me ret ( stupid idea ) and droped back to 1450 in 1 day

basicly protribution still works

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Stop PVPing as Protection! You just get us nerfed in PVE!
    -.-