Starting out PvP - Which of my chars should i use?

I'm planning to start doing PvP together with a couple of IRL friends. One of them is a priest shadow/disc and the other has rogue, pala and druid at lvl 80 (i think he mostly plays his druid). I have a shaman ele/resto and my main DK unholy/frost-tank.

Which of my chars (shaman/dk) would you reccommend me to start PvP'ing on, and what is the most newb friendly setup we can make from our current 80s? ATM, we are not planning on aiming at high rating, we just want to have some fun, but still be a little succesful at what we are doing.

Personally, i haven't touched pvp since WotLK was released(except WG for gold/VoA, and the honor to buy gems). I started playing WoW when TBC hit the streets, and rolled my spacegoat shamy, and played 2v2 as resto at ~1600 rating during season 3 (my time spend on wow curve took a steap dive when i went to high school about a month after season 4). How has PvP evolved since then? What sort of gear would you recommend me to get before i can start killing other people instead of getting smashed like a bug?

Re: Starting out PvP - Which of my chars should i use?

Well for starters you can buy furious set gear from the pvp vender with just honor and you are able to buy most wrathful pieces without needing any rating so start there gear wise, and make sure you do the bg daily every day for a free 25 arena points. Team setup wise i would suggest playing what ever you feel comfortable with, since you don't care about getting to high it shouldn't matter if you lose to much as long as your playing a class you enjoy.

The best you can get out of this is 3v3 spell cleave Druid/Priest/Shaman. Any specs could do it but I think the best would be Resto druid + Shadow priest + Ele shammy. Also resto shaman + rogue + shadow priest

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

Go Owlplay, it's one of the strongest comps out there atm.

Resto shaman, Balance druid, Shadow priest.

thx for the replies
    You pretty much answered my two most important questions.

Another question: Since it will be too much to ask for basic strats for the combos you guys allready stated, is there a good site which is easy to understand? I've checked arenajunkies.com briefly, but it seems quite messy at a first glance. Should i just wait for skill-capped.com to go live?