T10 3.3 change Disc

Hi there,

long time reader, but not that often posting.
    With the healing priest T10 overhaul, I am a bit in a dillema. For now I was focusing on getting 2 pieces T10 and then get the hands and chest from frost emblems and the crafted legs. Normaly I would have enough badges this week to but the emblems chest, but then blizz announced they would change the T10 4-setbonus to give 5% extra benefit on PW:S.

Now my question is, should I aim to get 4 pieces T10 or should I stay with my original plan of getting just the 2 Pieces set bonus and spend the rest on emblems gear?

here is my armory in case u have any other tips http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Heavydiamond

Greetz

Gwydi0n

Re: T10 3.3 change Disc

The old 4-pieces bonus to reset Penance CD with a Flash Heal. personally i think this is not a good bonus. It happen not very often to cast a Flash heal after a Penance because my tank seems to be full after that (You have to imagine you have at least one more holy paladin on that tank in a 25man raid setup).

A 5% PW:S improve it's a huge bonus!! that means you could have a 5% more in your "Guessed Absorbs" recount static, you save time, mana to you and your healing partners. I'm going to get this bonus as soon as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by thermoponch
    The old 4-pieces bonus to reset Penance CD with a Flash Heal. personally i think this is not a good bonus. It happen not very often to cast a Flash heal after a Penance because my tank seems to be full after that (You have to imagine you have at least one more holy paladin on that tank in a 25man raid setup).

A 5% PW:S improve it's a huge bonus!! that means you could have a 5% more in your "Guessed Absorbs" recount static, you save time, mana to you and your healing partners. I'm going to get this bonus as soon as possible!
    Really? You don't HAVE to cast the second Penance on the same person. Many fights require 2 tanks also, so being able to cast Penance -> Flash Heal -> Penance on another tank (or very low person) sounds good to me. People shit all over this bonus though, probably because of the 20% chance to proc on a spell with a CD.

The 5% bonus doesn't sound huge, but it does add up by the end of a fight. I mean, it's only an extra 500 on a fully buffed raid shield. That really won't make or break anything on a shield by shield basis I'm pretty sure though. The 500 isn't going to save many lives. At the end of a fight though, if you cast 50 shields, that's 25,000 extra absorption. Sounds like a nice boost, but like I said, on a shield by shield basis, the 500 didn't do much except pad the meters a bit. I don't think this new bonus is that much better or = more healing than the original.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    if you cast 50 shields, that's 25,000 extra absorption. Sounds like a nice boost, but like I said, on a shield by shield basis, the 500 didn't do much except pad the meters a bit.
    I will disagree here. 500 might not save anyone but on healing intensive fights (Fester, Queen, Sindragossa are good examples but there are many more like Lady Deathwhisper Heroc) it adds alot to your output. You can eaily cast 100+ shields. It's over 50k dmg absorbed. And since Disc Priest main job in 25-mans is shield spamm it's areally nice boost.
    Let me put it right this: Most people advise to gem SP mostly. Why? Because it's the only stat which PW:S scales with. It's much better to combine 4pc10 with your main/spammable spell than your 8s CD spell.

Unfortunately set stats are awful, and this is the problem not the bonus. Wearing 4 parts of t10 means you lose about 250 haste rating and 100 crit rating. It's too big loss for me. I went for 2xT10 shadow and not gonna go back.

Considering an average of 50% of my healing done on WoL comes from PW:S, assuming this set bonus wouldn't change on any manner the way I am playing my priest, then it comes to a 2,5% raise in healing done by the end, which is nice for sure, but certainely not that impressive. I got almost the same gain with abacus procs in raid (around 2% from healing done).

So trading haste and crit and farming again frost badges for expensive T10 pieces, plus hoping on having the token afterwards sounds like a huge investment for so little gain.

And I consider by far better to have higher crit and haste (meaning SP T10 pieces + offtiers pieces) regarding my own playstyle.

I'm not buying the holy set (and stacking spirit which still is one of the worst valuable stats on gear to us).