Holy Paladin wants to start pvp

Hi,

As the subject suggests, i want to start to pvp in BG's mainly.

My main is 80 Holy Pala & i have mostly only ever done pve (Back in Vanilla before i quit wow for uni, i pvp'd a bit with a rogue) I also have no pvp gear.

I'm thinking i will grind HC's to get emblems for prot pvp gear, then start with the simpler bg's (wsg for example)

Am i taking the right track or does anyone have other thought/ideas?

Re: Holy Paladin wants to start pvp

You don't need gear for BGs, I usually go in naked and AFK them for free honor

Prot PvP gear ???

Get Wrathful offsets that are available for 0 rating.

Buy Furious with emblems.

after that start getting other offsets and gogo arena! (Get the Shoulders from WG)

Play arenas and start harvesting points too. No matter how much you lose.

Deleted

Just go to a battleground and start playing. The best way to learn. Stay away from Arena if you feel you need to make posts like this.

I would suggest watching videos and learning your class a bit better for pvp scenarios. If you want to really get serious then go and start macroing different keybindings to the abilities you need. Since you're starting out relatively brand new I'd suggest using dual spec and glyphing/speccing the normal cookie cutter specs (find a website that explains why you pick which talents). Make sure you understand all of the abilities you will be using and in what situations. And I guess most of all practice. See what works and what doesn't and most of all have fun