New character screen

Is it possible to make a mod that will have have Diablo 3 character screen?

Would it be too difficult?

Deleted

Re: New character screen

Addons cannot adjust the login or character select screen. This is for security reasons more than anything; An addon could easily log your username/pass in a file or delete your characters automatically or prevent you from being able to disable itself.

I didnt mean the log in character screen, i didnt know what else to call it.

if you check the link you will see what i mean.

Probably not difficult at all, certain addons already modify that window adding stuff there.

Important question is "why?". You wont even see that window 99% of the time you're logged in, and doing purely cosmetic changes to something you usually wont be looking at is not really productive.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

i dont know about you, but i seem to have it open all the time.

So it would be nice if this sort of addon was simple.

There are already the likes of Skinner which can replace many of the UI elements such as frames and buttons to give them a new theme as well as there being means of doing this manually by providing a folder of alternative images which wow will use in place of the default ones.
    As far as the functionality goes, then http://www.wowinterface.com/download...75-RothUI.html offers a diablo themed UI for the action buttons and an orbs display for health/mana etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Probably not difficult at all, certain addons already modify that window adding stuff there.

Important question is "why?". You wont even see that window 99% of the time you're logged in, and doing purely cosmetic changes to something you usually wont be looking at is not really productive.
    Theres no better than this
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

No, there are NO addons that modify this screen. Modifying the "Character Select" screen would require art modifications (for the 2d art), or MPQ modifying (to change any of the 3d stuff).

Addons are scanned, quickly, at WoW load, but only their names are loaded. The full addons are not loaded until after you select a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    No, there are NO addons that modify this screen. Modifying the "Character Select" screen would require art modifications (for the 2d art), or MPQ modifying (to change any of the 3d stuff).
    Original poster was quite misleading, but checking out the screenshot would've helped. He means the 'paperdoll' window you see when you press 'c' while in game.

Several addons that do things like equipment comparisons/management as well as RP addons (and even the much-hated gearscore) do modifications there. So I assume it's quite trivial just not too useful for cosmetic reasons only.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

D'oh. The Character Sheet, not the Character Select. Gotcha. I wasn't paying attention. heh.

Possible - I mean, I'm using an art replacement that changes the background/border art for that window, as well as a few other modifications to it. Would be sorta useless, though - for one, there's a LOT more slots in WoW than in diablo2. Hunters, Rogues, and Warriors can have as many as 20 separate items in slots on that window - most other classes can only have 19.