Elemental question re: stats and mail ><

I've just speed leveled my shaman to 80 in just about a weeks play time and am finding all the mail has MP5 pretty much, most fot eh caster leather has spirit (obviously) so looking at cloth seems to be the only viable option for some bits of gear I'm looking at.

Now I've got the sims downloaded and testing out some gear sets and just wondering this:

Is it perceived as 'bad' if an ele shaman is using cloth off-set gear with the T9 4 piece? I'm debating on going the chest off set and getting that as Merlin's robe, or the 245 cloth haste helm.

I'm just so used to classes that stick to their armor type and don't want to be seen as an idiot when I rock up to raids using cloth instead of mail for bits.

PS: MP5 on gear is something to stay away from isn't it?

PPS: This is not a troll, just someone wanting to confirm thoughts.

Thanks

Re: Elemental question re: stats and mail ><

Nothing wrong with using cloth or leather...you will actually find that theres cloth and leather in our BiS list
    Its not frowned upon asmuch these days as you would think, simple answer is:

upgrade is upgrade
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P