Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Whats the best ninja excuse you've heard?

As the title says, I was just curious as whats the best reason you've heard as to why a master looter ninja's an item?

I heard mine this wednesday in VoA 25. We just killed the new boss and the ML goes and inspects the loot. The ML is a mage and there is one other mage in the raid that actually did better DPS and actually targeted the orbs (something that most ranged still find hard to grasp but thats another story) So the 277 pvp mage legs drop. The ML immediately goes "right for pvp items I will go purely on who has the highest arena rating and offer it to them, I have a 1400 rating, the other mage has a 0 rating so im taking the legs" Now, as you can imagine there was a bit of an uproar for not even letting the other mage roll and alot of critisim to the ML for not saying the loot rules before looting.

Now before anyone says that its only fair that a pvper gets to roll on pvp gear, Im generally a pver but do a lot of BGs but dont do any arena. I have all the gear purchasable thru honor and have 1200 resilience. Now by the logic of the master looter I wouldnt of been entitled to any pvp gear if another warlock was in the raid and had any kind of rating.

For the record, when we killed the next couple bosses, the pvp items became free rolls aswell. So whats the reason you have all heard?

Re: Whats the best ninja excuse you've heard?

he's better geared so he gets it as hes did a better contribution to the group..

i whispered the warrior it was about and he said they were rl mates and in the same room, he did tell me the meaning of life and /give pretzel

i was like: damn.. they just ninja'd, at least i have chicken pretzel

edit: spelling sucked to much to be left unchanged :O:O
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    I always mean to get around to doing Archaeology but something always comes up. Like anything. Anything at all. Mowing the lawn. Eating glass for others' amusement, watching my cat clean its butt, etc.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street is the lead systems designer on World of Warcraft. He has four dogs: three epic retrievers and one green terrier suitable for disenchanting.

Why would a ninja need an excuse? ???

"That weapon looks crap on a dwarf, I'm giving it to Rhydian."

What the shit. I did give the poor guy the item though. (Betrayer, back in Naxx days)

(Also my very first post, hooray. Was sick of lurking and not getting a share of the action.)

10+ Year Old Account

"i need it more than you"

I had 2200 GS back then and the dude had like 4700

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40614
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

This rogue on my old server of Doomhammer. Was a while ago, back in the day of OS being a viable raid.

Anyways, sitting in town and see a whisper in trade;
    "<rogue> is a ninja, just did an OS and he just looted gloves (tier token), bag, and spoils bag"
    So a few people laugh, and a few others from the raid chime in.
    "It's true <rogue> just totally ninja'd OS, /ignore him if you don't want to be ninja'd!"
    So this continues for a little bit, then finally the rogue enters trade.
    "I didn't ninja anything. You all joined MY raid, knowing full well that I was ML, and as such I get to distribute loot as I see fit. I wanted the gloves, bag and extra badges so I took them, everything else was distributed as I deemed appropriate."
    So trade lit up like crazy, but in the end it was somewhat shocking to see him say that in trade, but at the end of the day he does make a point, wether you agree with it or not.

Yes, I'm still level 80. No I don't have cataclysm.

Back when I still played on [server], we had an incident with a rogue named Shakalu who ninja'd the epic dagger out of Maraudon, if I'm not mistaken. There was the usual general uproar about it, with a lot of finger-pointing and name-calling, but in the end, guess what his reasoning was for ninja'ing it?

'I went to go take a dump, and my little brother did it.'

So from then on out, if you were ninja'd...you'd been Shakalu'd.

Edit: server removed. --Sunshine

Back in the day I had a ml take the Fury of the Five Flights trink; because he didn't want all the other dps to fight over it. If I could have reached through vent and strangled him I would have.

"Hi i am the best warrior tank in the world, i need to have all the tanking iteams .... "

(now this is what i said)

"Hi i'm the second best warrior tank in the world and i need to say, i ninjad your mom and she didn't care about it. Wanna switch iteams?"

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by phycus
    Back in the day I had a ml take the Fury of the Five Flights trink; because he didn't want all the other dps to fight over it. If I could have reached through vent and strangled him I would have.
    Please don't call OS "back in the day", PLEASE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

In the good old days when FoFF and IotDS were the prime trinkets of the game, one of my friends had both of them drop on the same run. He basically said to everyone who rolled that they were lootbanned and took it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    God i miss good old 3.0-3.1 be fore the game went to hell .... when OS+3 was actully HARD ... now today u say "LFG os+3 with zerg!" few min later .... Done!

OS might not be that far back in the day, but we are approaching the 1 1/2 year mark since any of that gear was worth rolling on. You'll have to excuse the noob that only starting playing a few months into BC. You can save the OMG played since vanilla schtick...nobody really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    It's a year ago you did it, I'd say it's back in the days.
    - Do you still do it? :S

My best ninja excuse is a RL who make a OS+3D run, and then he FUCKING SELLS THE DRAGON, instead of raid rolling it. He got 7 k for it :S
    Quote Originally Posted by halogen
    [size=9pt]1. login->2. check LFG,or LFR->3. teleport instance->4. "farming":kill boss->5. pick up items, golds,-> 6. teleport back->7. do something dummy-> do 2.->6. again - >8. log out.[/size]
    I don't think this is the magical world of WOW.
    Unfortunately, here slowly dissappear

Something I saw when doing the daily heroic on my Priest today;

Some random green drops from the trash, the dps Warrior needs.

"[GroupMember]: lol ninja"
    "[DPSWarrior]: lol always"

The Warrior proceeded to Need-roll on every single drop in the instance. The tank, who was from the same realm, activated last boss just before the Dungeon Cooldown ran out :<

"im 12 and what is this?"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DG
    As the title says, I was just curious as whats the best reason you've heard as to why a master looter ninja's an item?

I heard mine this wednesday in VoA 25. We just killed the new boss and the ML goes and inspects the loot. The ML is a mage and there is one other mage in the raid that actually did better DPS and actually targeted the orbs (something that most ranged still find hard to grasp but thats another story) So the 277 pvp mage legs drop. The ML immediately goes "right for pvp items I will go purely on who has the highest arena rating and offer it to them, I have a 1400 rating, the other mage has a 0 rating so im taking the legs" Now, as you can imagine there was a bit of an uproar for not even letting the other mage roll and alot of critisim to the ML for not saying the loot rules before looting.

Now before anyone says that its only fair that a pvper gets to roll on pvp gear, Im generally a pver but do a lot of BGs but dont do any arena. I have all the gear purchasable thru honor and have 1200 resilience. Now by the logic of the master looter I wouldnt of been entitled to any pvp gear if another warlock was in the raid and had any kind of rating.

For the record, when we killed the next couple bosses, the pvp items became free rolls aswell. So whats the reason you have all heard?
    Do you play on Khadgar-EU? If so, then I was in that raid lol

"Me want it"

They usually stay confused long enough for me to escape unseen.

BACK IN THE DAYS(LEGIT)

I was in a raid in UBRS.. We finnaly get the bastard Rend Blackhand down.. And ofc the epic dagger drops.. The groups is going nuts due to seeing their first endlevel epic..

http://www.wowwiki.com/Felstriker

So anyway.. a Priest take it.. the 2 rogues in the raid goes nuts and ask why the hell he took it? seeing as it was a kickass OH Dagger for them.. All the Priest can say is..

Sorry guys, I was in a state of panic..

I laughed my ass off..

"I'll take that."