Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Issue with threat

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    I was running ICC last night on my DK with a paladin offtank. I'm geared in a mix of 10 and 25 man ICC gear, he's in t9 with the rest being Ulduar gear (that character had been shelved a while, he was just getting it back up to speed).

If I went balls out, I would pull back after the taunt, so I just would watch for my debuff and stop pressing buttons as soon as it hit. The minor damage loss is insignificant, we are not DPS, our job is to stay alive.
    Aside from the gear differences, this sounds like what I was running into.

Quote Originally Posted by Vangor
    Sounds like the Pal is not using a proper rotation. I always give a short moment to assure the other tank establishes threat, and usually my lack of RS and those three or four seconds places me far enough down in threat to not be concerned.
    If it was three to four seconds I wouldn't have asked about this. But it does sound likely that the pally not using a proper rotation or prioritizing his abilities may have been the issue.

Just wanted to put out a quick thanks to everyone that replied with possible solutions, recomendations and examples of similar situations.

I lead a 10 ICC 3-4 weeks ago with 2 pally tank PUGs. They had decent gear (more than enough to do the first 2 wings, based on the gear I've use on my own pally tank). I was on my Moonkin druid, and typically have no real threat issues. Every single dps in our group ended up pulling off one of the tanks at some point.

We actually pretty much gave up on DBS, after 2 wipes (and the "better" of the 2 tanks "DC'd"). I hadn't checked them out carefully before the raid since we just wanted to get going, but they both had somewhat strange specs and some strange gem choices. It's not too hard to come up with a spec that won't allow you to keep threat on better geared DPS as a pally tank, and confound that with a very poor threat rotation and you'll see what you saw.

Or, more likely, the pally had died at some point and forgot to turn on Righteous Fury (I still miss that on occasion).