Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Reckoning, good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin
    Its nice for soloing with SoCom.
    Fix't

I leveled my pally prot from 15-80. I picked it up and it was amaizing to tank with cause lets face it...you dont have a whole lot of spells to pick from for single target dpsing while you are leveling. By the time i hit 75, i respecced and dropped those 5 points cause i got the pally shield slam. That generates a ton of STT so I respecced and dropped reckoning. Just imo.

3/5 Reckoning is only good IMHO if you're also specced into Seal of Command and use it for heroics and trash. But Reckoning isn't required to get a ton of utility out of SoComm, it just gives it a tiny boost.

Reckoning is a fun talent and I like fun talents.

I personally use a 5/5 in reckon.ing build with SoC for heroics and trash in raids and the results are amazing. Ill push more threat than any other tank and as an added bonus there isn't a dos that can typically touch me. Pushing 11k in 10 man and 14k plus in 25 is a blast and leaves dps crying because the tank makes them look bad. As for an MT spec well to each his own is what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by jenseits
    Reckoning should be a tier higher in the tree so ret could get it for PVP. If it doesn't get pushed down this will be the PVP spec for ret in cataclysm
    LOL.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Don't even look at the talent trees right now and talk about Cataclysm. The way they are preparing to strip the talent trees as we know them means that you can't draw any conclusions about what they will look like in ~8 months.
    While I agree with this about 90%, a few things I would say.
    1)They talked about keeping fun talents. I think a lot of prot paladins would really like to spec back into reckoning, because it is one of the more fun talents. Like this guy said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker
    Reckoning is a fun talent and I like fun talents.
    2)If they gave it to Ret.....OMG, this would be AMAZING. Totally OP, abut totally fun and amazing. Sadly, this aint happening.
    3)~8 months? you know something I dont?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Nàrcissus
    I personally use a 5/5 in reckon.ing build with SoC for heroics and trash in raids and the results are amazing. Ill push more threat than any other tank and as an added bonus there isn't a dos that can typically touch me. Pushing 11k in 10 man and 14k plus in 25 is a blast and leaves dps crying because the tank makes them look bad. As for an MT spec well to each his own is what I say.
    Ya I pull 25k dps on 10m trash. Reckoning is awesome
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

Raid shield wall any day over reckoning.. if you really want more threat, chuck on the SoV dps libram which gives holy strength compared to the 200 dodge rating for prot build (until you get 264 librams) I'm even tempted to chuck in my DV for extra dps in 5 mans.

Back tor raid wall, whenever your low on mana in 5 mans.. pop it, there is some dmg directed to you = more heals, especially if you only carry 1 point in SA.. otherwise stay in battle and chain pull to keep DP up

And if you want more threat, maybe look at a 1 hand dps wep instead, dont need that much avoidance in 5 mans if you have good healer

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    I refuse to believe you're pulling anywhere close to those numbers with the possible exception of pulling all the trash before Marrowgar together and AoEing it down. Just because you're doing 14K on mass aoe trash packs, it doesn't mean you're great. Now, got some BOSS numbers to go with it?

*Waits as they come back and say Saurfang and then points them out as being bad for using AoE abilities on a boss with adds like these followed by calling them a downright liar*
    Actually, I did clearly state the this is a trash/heroic spec. So, you can wait all day to call me a liar but you wont get the oppurtunity. I simply use reckoning as a way to have fun and make things move faster, not because I think its a great way to spec if you are MTing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by venom1234
    Ya I pull 25k dps on 10m trash. Reckoning is awesome
    I pull over 1 million dps on 5 man trash with reckoning.

Quote Originally Posted by mtotho
    I pull over 1 million dps on 5 man trash with reckoning.
    I did that once.

True story.

Didn't ss it though :'( :'( :'(

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sVZE0tAbuMGsIufdxb

Thats how your prot specc should be like, THERE ARE NO REASON to specc any diffrent.
    and also reckon is not needed no is it useful? no it isnt since its attack proccs, that hits for more or less white hits. Wich means they dont do at all any threat compared to other abilities nor is it needed.

You will trade it for sac, Is it worth it? hell no!
    also there is a reason why all good protadins use this specc, ive played since vanilla and i can ensure you this is the way to go.

Right because.....NO

Your example spec is bad.

You have no crusade. 3%(6%) damage on all your attacks is better than 15% damage JoV and SoV. Unless you are doing Ulduar exclusively.

You have no Vindication.

You have divinity. Congrats on giving your healers more overheals.

You maxed out SA? You only need 1/2 to keep the mana flowing in a raid. You could tank heroics without SA if you wanted to.

Oh and reckoning, the extra white hits proc seal damage and stack up SoV faster.

And you have played since vanilla, so being a cleanse bot in Vanilla means you know how to tank in WotLK?

Thank you, try again.