Thread: Help please

Help please

acouple of days ago i had a problem with my addons and i am not sure which one it is i try closing one each to see the problem and it didnt work.
    what i got is that i cant see or do anything in the guild control and i am a GM but when i close all my addons i can manage it and do what i want with the guild control and the only error i have is:

Interface\FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:1105: Usage: GuildControlGetRankName(index):
    Interface\FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:1105: in function `GuildControlPopupframe_Update':
    Interface\FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:1061: in function <Interface\FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:1056>:
    <in C code>: in function `Show'
    Interface\FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:1510: in function `GuildFramePopup_Show':
    <string>:"*:OnClick":4: in function <[string "*:OnClick"]:1>

Locals:
    loadPendingTabPermissions = nil
    skipCheckboxUpdate = nil
    rankID = nil
    (*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
    (*temporary) = GuildControlPopupFrameEditBox {
    0 = <userdata>
    }

---

Re: Help please

Well I'm not 100% sure, but here's something you can try. If you're shut down each addon one by one and nothing works unless you disable them all, the problem is most likely caused by a confliction between one or more addons. Instead of doing that, try doing it in reverse:

Shut down every addon you have, verify that you can do your GM controls, and then ENABLE them one by one until it breaks. That way you at least have one of the addons causing the confliction. Then you can enable that addon only and check one by one until you break the GM controls again.

It's a long process and has to be annoying, but it's the only thing I can personally think of to help.

by Nicolette
    “You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.”
    >This<

Which addons do you use? Make sure they are all updated. Especially any addon that has to do with Friendslist, Chat, Guilds, Social stuff, etc.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Thanks for the help guys but there is only one way to fix this is to reset my addons.

If you asked a GM, then that's what they would tell you; because that's what they tell everyone with even the slightest addon issue. But good luck sir.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Well I would instead of deleting the WTF folder, then rename it and the Addons folder to something else.
    Restart wow and that will recreate the "default" blizzard addons that are responsible for some of the interfaces such as those.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.