Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Ice? (possible celestrial steed location)

I was wondering on where the mount could drop if it was in an instance. Since there is a pet to, it would make sense if the pet was for the 10 man version and the mount for 25.

But where would it make sense, as algalon is old content, and uldum only has 5 man instances (which also wont come out for ages).

It would also need to be of a similar difficulty to lich king 25heroic.

So considering all the raids that we have, and also including ruby sanctum.

There seems to be in my opinion only one place.

Vault. Now I know what your thinking, none of the bosses on there own even compare to even deathwhisper.

But what if it was all 4 together?

Now I dont want this to just be a speculation post (which tbh it is.) But I also want to generate a conversation on whether these 4 bosses could be killed together. Would the difficulty match some of the higher lich king hard modes?

Re: Earth, Wind, Fire, and Ice? (possible celestrial steed location)

Just not doable mate. The Frost debuff toravon does makes this impossible to do enrage timer/ dps/ healing wise..
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

^ A new and orginal change.. OH WAIT

Inbefore QQ about my avatar if you want removed, but remember, baby seals die in the process off it's removal!!

Idk with people putting out 12k dps on fights, that would be downed Arch in 1 min 3 sec, Elm in 1 min 38 sec, Kolo in 2 min and 8 secs and Tora in 2min and 15 sec, sooo under 8 mins its possible, pretty much cleves will take care of Elm adds, with Fire res and Frost res up from pallies, I'd say nuke Tora for 1 min then switch dps to Kolo for the next min and the GO GO AoE fest+ heroism+ Speed Pots, with tanks getting past 60k raid buff and DPS only doing more damage and heals galore then its a possiblity to do it, get the right guild to get it right with tank CDs, people all past 6200gs, and DPS like a mutha, im sure they could pull it off.

Earth, wind and fire was doable and done in lvl226 gear. Adding Toravon to the list is certainly doable with 264/277 gear. It may be tricky to tank all 4 boss in a 10man raid format but may not be such a problem in 25man.

As was pointed yesterday on mmo-champ, Algalon is written as the final boss of Archavon Vault on wow official page. It's perhaps just a mistake, but he could be placed in a corridor in front of Toravon.
    Archavon and Algalon are closely linked in the titans lore. There could be some kind of pre-cata event involving Algalon coming back to investigate WTF is going on on Azeroth...

Quote Originally Posted by petsoul
    Just not doable mate. The Frost debuff toravon does makes this impossible to do enrage timer/ dps/ healing wise..
    mathematically impossible?

sorry, could not resist
    xD

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Internet explorer, burn it.

I could see it. Possible? Yes. Easy. Hell no. If that was the acheivment you needed then expect only the very very top tier of guilds to even get close.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    I could see it. Possible? Yes. Easy. Hell no. If that was the acheivment you needed then expect only the very very top tier of guilds to even get close.
    Could you please tell me the hard part?
    It would be near impossible for 10m, but 25m easy.

The combination of soft enrages from koralan and torovan mean it would more or less be impossible.

It might be possible if the achievement is a bit more lenient, i.e kill all 4 bosses within 5 minutes of each other.

For me, it seems more likly that the mount is from the end boss. Algalon, and not such an achievement
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Impossible why? Toravon would be the focus target for melee, you clump the bosses up, cleave damage will account for the majority of dps needed on the lesser bosses (archavon and emalon have lower hp pools). Casters switch when necessary to enraged adds/orbs, dedicate 2 strong melée to just cleavng the boss (fury warrior and ret paladin could pull 14-16k when sustaining dps on 4 mobs at once, at least). Tanking is the trickiest part, managing archavon's throw, frost debuffs and meteor fists while controlling adds would likely require 3 tanks on 10m. Not to mention massive tank heals.

This is definately doable. Nowhere near easy, but soft enrages would not make it "impossible"

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus
    For me, it seems more likly that the mount is from the end boss. Algalon, and not such an achievement
    He isn't the end boss. That's old info.

Like the Naga flooding the world from Borean...
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Well, that'd be quite impossible, seeing as the tanks need to stand together for Kolaron, switch Toravon every X stacks, Archavon grabs a tank every X seconds and Emalon does his AoE thing, which will screw up the dps if they don't watch it, and then you've got the 4 adds from Emalon in there. So no, I don't think it's possible.

15+ Year Old Account

Its quite likely that once you bring the 4 togeather, they cause a "Big Bang" and Algalon appears, he then says "Ulduar was merely a setback!" and summons his newly created raptor army who weild ashbringer into play. They will call whelps in halfway through, which you must handle, and once you beat his raptor army, he says "Sorry man, i dont got no Proffesor Plums(epixz)" in which case he turns into the celestial steed.

I can usualy come up with intellegent things to say,but i kinda blew up here because i spent the last 2 hours wipeing on the first boss in BWL...those mechanics suck when you dont have a clue about them....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn
    Impossible why? Toravon would be the focus target for melee, you clump the bosses up, cleave damage will account for the majority of dps needed on the lesser bosses (archavon and emalon have lower hp pools). Casters switch when necessary to enraged adds/orbs, dedicate 2 strong melée to just cleavng the boss (fury warrior and ret paladin could pull 14-16k when sustaining dps on 4 mobs at once, at least). Tanking is the trickiest part, managing archavon's throw, frost debuffs and meteor fists while controlling adds would likely require 3 tanks on 10m. Not to mention massive tank heals.

This is definately doable. Nowhere near easy, but soft enrages would not make it "impossible"
    If the achievement would require the 4 bosses to be defeated within 1minute of each other like the EWF achievement then yes, it really is impossible (on 10man at least), until we're level 85s.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Has anyone actullay done Earth, Wind and Fire in 25m? I only reckon seeing a 10 player world first, please enlighten me.
    Obviously Blizzard needs to hire more Pirates to counter the growing Ninja threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogerbarnet
    Has anyone actullay done Earth, Wind and Fire in 25m? I only reckon seeing a 10 player world first, please enlighten me.
    Several guilds have. Check wowprogress.com and look at tier 9 content.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

I will thank you
    Obviously Blizzard needs to hire more Pirates to counter the growing Ninja threat.

the only hard part about EWF now is not accidently killing things early. Adding ice would make it fun, but far from very difficult.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    He isn't the end boss. That's old info.

Like the Naga flooding the world from Borean...
    Well, could still be possible to add him there. As we've seen from Algalon's 1st visit to Azeroth, the titan's are happy enough to destroy what they deem as not working properly (Algalon's task was to send a message to the titan's to destroy Azeroth should there be too much corruption in the defense systems).

Now, when Algalon was defeated, he wasn't sure on if what he was doing was now right & so decided to give us the message to send back saying it's ok. In a sense, was he malfunctioning, meaning that he faced possible deletion or demoted from his job? Could he have come back to Azeroth to hide from the titans or want revenge for us costing him his place in the universe ?

Another possible theory is that being unsure on what to think, did he go to the vault for other opinions from the other watchers ? All they've seen is us fighting in Wintergrasp & wanting to steal their treasure (Read Archavon's log). What opinion on us would that give Algalon ?

A possible one would be another hard mode for algalon, something that requires heroic icc gear