Lich King 25 man -- Phase 2 --

Ok, the situation is the following:

Our guild is stuck on the phase 2. Mainly our problem is killing all the val'kyrs in time before they drop ppl from the platform. So I'm asking other guilds to give their ticstacs on how they are killing them efficiently. And how to manage the Defiles on the same time..

And yes, we have killed the LK in 10man, so we know the fight. Any constructive critisism would be appreciated! =)

---Sinma---
    ..::||Sinma||::..

Re: Lich King 25 man -- Phase 2 --

If your raidleader is using DXE then it should automatically set up a mark for each valk, so you just assign one person who can stun (IE a rogue) to each valk. Some people in your raid will have to spec into aoe slows (me and our other rogue change our offspec to the normal mut setup but we drop fleet fotted for deadly brew so we don't have to worry about it too much) such as a DK going for desecration or a warrior going for peircing howl. Also i wouldn't suggest trying to AoE them down if thats what you're doing, it doesn't work well.

And don't forget if it picks up a lock they can just port back up so just leave their valk alone, it saves you time.

15+ Year Old Account

One major thing you have to look out for is to ensure thoes with longer stuns (IE: Rogues) are getting the first stuns off. However you must be sure people arent prematurely stunning the mobs as you will run into DR problems. As well if some one is taken by valks , or ran far due to getting defile out that is supose to stun make sure they have vent / arent shy to speak up and fast!

Secondly ensure that you are all stacked on LK's ass so there all flying away in the same direction! This helps HUGE!

Finally it's about comunication and ensuring everyone knows there job. If valk and defile timers are close you have to make a judgement call. If valks are first clump up and as soon as the 3rd one is down spread out FAST. If it's defile then spread and then clump up fast.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...g-25-man-help/

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael
    It's 3 valkyrs in LK 25m normal mode btw.
    Have 3 teams assigned to each Valkyr and leave like 2 or 3 DPS out of the teams (we use 2 Hunters). Have the valkyrs marked instantly by an addon preferably. Every team needs a slow which can be kept up at all times and one long stun (rogue kidney shot, pala hammer, cat stun, etc.).

Then, hug BEHIND the LK and make sure everyone is there so all the Valkyrs are flying into the same direction. This is your biggest damage boost. Have a frost trap down there before they spawn. Use ONE (only one so not much DR is on the Valkyrs for the long stuns) AoE stun like Shockwave / Holy Wrath (or Shadowfury if your locks are still Destruction) when all of them are down so the slows can get applied before they fly away without too many problems. Then just have every team finish their Valkyr and help the other ones out if they're still alive.
    If the assigned "stun" or "slow" people are in the Valkyrs, have them call it out on Vent like "Skull no stun", so other people know to help them out. This is what we use our "hunters" for which I previously mentioned. They can slow and put burst damage on Valkyrs where needed.

Alright, thank you all for great responses!

I'm sure we're gonna try these out on our next Lich King encounter. Hopefully we get him down eventually
    ..::||Sinma||::..