Deleted

FB at 4 or 5 CP?

So, first of all, I'm not feral dps atm, currently i'm feral tank MS resto OS. However, I wanna try that cute kittie mostly 3 reasons:

1: it's very easy to get decent gear. Farm HCs until you got 4p tier9, ilvl 245 head, 1 ring and maybe trinket.

2: I have decided to go softcapped, around 400 ArP and scorpion and then stack agi. Atm I have some decent tank gear, 5,2k gs. In the next patch where BG marks will be dropped, you can exchange each mark to 187 honor or something. That should drop the prices for epic gems alot!!. I'm JC, so I just need to do some JC dailies for the ArP design and the JC only gems. So instead of farming HCs for another pair of tier9 I could just regem my gear except my back (ilvl 264 tank) and my ring. Ofc I need some kitty gear, alrdy got neck from ony quest and boots for totc hc

3: kitty rotation seems like the most challenging in the game, always keeping 3 DoTs and 1 buff up is hard ^^. And ench shamans QQ about their rotation, we need to care about energy too.

So, my actualy question is, ain't it very stupid to use FB at 5 combo points? I mean, you should have atleast 50% crit chance, and all should have the talent "tend and tear" wich incrasses the crit chance of FB on bleeding targets. The problem is, that if you FB at 5 CP and you crit you loose 1 CP ain't it better to use FB at 4 and then if it frits it's easier to refresh SR or rip.

Thoughts?

Re: FB at 4 or 5 CP?

You could use the same argument against Rip. More combo's = more damage. Ferocious bite is an energy dump, might as well make the most of it.

It is a valid argument for Savage Roar though. That would be better off at 4 combo's rather than 5.

Edit: Actually i think i misread you. Are you under the impression that Ferocious bite crits give you a combo? That is not true.

Deleted

Take a look at this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=37117#comments

"each time you crit with one of your cat form abilities you add 1 combo point to the target"

You should take a look at it. The ability has to add a combo in the first place.
    If you are going to use quotes, actually quote it. It doesn't even remotely say that.

Deleted

Oh f***!!! I misread the tooltip lol

Edit: any kind moderator who can delete this thread?

It happens

If you want to learn to play your ass off and actually be rewarded with decent dps, with decent gear of course, then I'd say give it a try. I was asked to go cat from bear in our 25s and have never looked back.

Also, if you plan to use NES as one of your trinkets to start up your set, your soft cap for ArP is about 722, after that, you can budget agility. Just keep in mind that is hard to do without a ton of passive ArP in gear and ICC gear (3 gem slots on most slots). And don't be too concerned about your 4t9 bonus; go helm and shoulders at least. The 2t9 bonus is far better, and if you can get slots that have ArP on them for your hands/legs/chest that's all the better. And when you can, simply jump from 2t9 to 2t10, and start saving towards THAT 4 set, as it is one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    So, first of all, I'm not feral dps atm, currently i'm feral tank MS resto OS. However, I wanna try that cute kittie mostly 3 reasons:

1: it's very easy to get decent gear. Farm HCs until you got 4p tier9, ilvl 245 head, 1 ring and maybe trinket.

2: I have decided to go softcapped, around 400 ArP and scorpion and then stack agi. Atm I have some decent tank gear, 5,2k gs. In the next patch where BG marks will be dropped, you can exchange each mark to 187 honor or something. That should drop the prices for epic gems alot!!. I'm JC, so I just need to do some JC dailies for the ArP design and the JC only gems. So instead of farming HCs for another pair of tier9 I could just regem my gear except my back (ilvl 264 tank) and my ring. Ofc I need some kitty gear, alrdy got neck from ony quest and boots for totc hc

3: kitty rotation seems like the most challenging in the game, always keeping 3 DoTs and 1 buff up is hard ^^. And ench shamans QQ about their rotation, we need to care about energy too.

So, my actualy question is, ain't it very stupid to use FB at 5 combo points? I mean, you should have atleast 50% crit chance, and all should have the talent "tend and tear" wich incrasses the crit chance of FB on bleeding targets. The problem is, that if you FB at 5 CP and you crit you loose 1 CP ain't it better to use FB at 4 and then if it frits it's easier to refresh SR or rip.

Thoughts?
    fb is not used as much as u think it would. usually the only time u get to use it is during lucky ooc procs and berserking, thus i would say always use the 5 cap since it is like the guy before said, u might as well get the most of it since it is indeed an energy dump

Quote Originally Posted by vincemasta8
    fb is not used as much as u think it would. usually the only time u get to use it is during lucky ooc procs and berserking, thus i would say always use the 5 cap since it is like the guy before said, u might as well get the most of it since it is indeed an energy dump
    never use FB during berserk (use it right after it ends) and if you can help it don't use it on CC procs

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    never use FB during berserk (use it right after it ends) and if you can help it don't use it on CC procs
    i see why u said dont use it during berserk but why bother using it afterwards either. ur gonna end up there for like 3-4 seoncds auto attacking

Quote Originally Posted by vincemasta8
    i see why u said dont use it during berserk but why bother using it afterwards either. ur gonna end up there for like 3-4 seoncds auto attacking
    because FB actually has an extremely high DPE, but because it costs the 5 combo points it's so situational. however since you already have the combo points you use it, since it'll be more dps than just shred'ing while waiting for SR and Rip to expire

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cåt
    You could use the same argument against Rip. More combo's = more damage. Ferocious bite is an energy dump, might as well make the most of it.
    It's a little different than rip -- the damage per combo point for FB scales fairly well, so it's still worthwhile to use a 3cp fb if that's all you can fit in. Rip, on the other hand, is a long-term time investment (with the glyphs and so on), so you really want to get the maximum out of it.

Deleted

I Think I go rier9 legs and gloves, then ilvl245 head, shoulders and the crafted chest (wich price should drop alot in next patch )

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    It's a little different than rip -- the damage per combo point for FB scales fairly well, so it's still worthwhile to use a 3cp fb if that's all you can fit in.
    Can anyone else confirm to use FB at 3points? This is my first time hearing that. I'm not a big fb user... so i'm still looking for ways to implement it in. NOT jabbing at your knowledge.

It's a little different than rip -- the damage per combo point for FB scales fairly well, so it's still worthwhile to use a 3cp fb if that's all you can fit in. Rip, on the other hand, is a long-term time investment (with the glyphs and so on), so you really want to get the maximum out of it.
    That's less damage than a shred. Seems pointless.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by coño
    Can anyone else confirm to use FB at 3points? This is my first time hearing that. I'm not a big fb user... so i'm still looking for ways to implement it in. NOT jabbing at your knowledge.
    I didn't mean 3 in particular, I just meant however many you happen to have spare in between refreshing everything else.

Think of it this way: There are always those times when you're going to be sitting at 100 energy + 5 cps + time left on rip/SR, so you throw in a few extra shreds which give you no CPs, just a bit of extra damage. If you could plan in advance to know that a situation like that was coming, you could throw a low-CP FB to use up a few CPs before building up to 5 and waiting for 100 energy. As long as it does more DPE than a shred, it's worthwhile (and given near-guaranteed crit and a perfect 35-energy FB, that's not far fetched).

Let me throw in the disclaimer that I read the discussion on scaling of FB per CP quite some time ago on EJ. I can't find it now, so you should take all of this with a grain of salt. I also don't know how much things have changed since that point (probably around 3.1), as far as the difference in value between shred and FB. Thinking about using lower CP FBs is probably just a needless complication anyway.

Putting all that aside, the point of my original post was that FB a huge waste at lower CPs (even if it's not optimal), while rip most certainly is.

Deleted

Think of it this way: There are always those times when you're going to be sitting at 100 energy + 5 cps + time left on rip/SR, so you throw in a few extra shreds which give you no CPs, just a bit of extra damage. If you could plan in advance to know that a situation like that was coming, you could throw a low-CP FB to use up a few CPs before building up to 5 and waiting for 100 energy. As long as it does more DPE than a shred, it's worthwhile (and given near-guaranteed crit and a perfect 35-energy FB, that's not far fetched).
    If you're sitting at 5cp with plenty of time on SR(11s+) and rip(8s+) you should always FB, regardless of how much energy you have. (See the actionlist in http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t81052-b...6/#post1551212)
    If there's less time on SR/rip left you should consider refreshing SR early