Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Prayer Of Shielding!

Its a 2.5 sec cast the Disc priest should get. U cast bubbles on 5 raid memebers.

good idea?

Re: Prayer Of Shielding!

Has already been suggested by Blizzard, was suggested for patch 3.1, was removed, awaiting further trial.

And yes, it's a fantastic idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    Has already been suggested by Blizzard, was suggested for patch 3.1, was removed, awaiting further trial.

And yes, it's a fantastic idea.
    The idea was actually Power Word: Barrier, but the concept is the same.

I think it should be power word bubble. Think Anti-magic zone but for everything. Then think that it can be placed like you can cast AOE spells like flame strike or blizzard. It would be nice if it could evenly absorb damage if taken at the same time by multiple targets. Maby even after the bubble absorbs its full amount, it explodes and heals w/e is inside of it by% of what was absorbed. I think is would be cool in both effect and looks.

It would read somthing like this : Place a magic bubble on the ground that absorbs 30% of all damage done in target area. If more the X amount of damage is absorb the bubble pops and heals all targets inside the bubble for X% of the amount absorbed.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

15+ Year Old Account

I had this on my Disciple of Kaine in WAR, it was fun (and apparently not hard to implement if they can do it).

Wondering if they still talk about in design discussions. It's not that over-powered, 5GCDs while being able to move to shield 5 people or 2.5-3s cast time while being stationary. Target system same as PoHealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    I had this on my Disciple of Kaine in WAR, it was fun (and apparently not hard to implement if they can do it).

Wondering if they still talk about in design discussions. It's not that over-powered, 5GCDs while being able to move to shield 5 people or 2.5-3s cast time while being stationary. Target system same as PoHealing.
    idd, the time spent is relatively similar. i think if a spell like that was introduced i'd move away from holy and jump on the disc bandwagon :P

They didn't add it in 3.1 because aoe healing lacks in discipline and that's why some priests are still holy. They were afraid to "kill" holy priests.

However, we might very well see that spell "copme back" in cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

15+ Year Old Account

We are more likely to see the dance studio than the PW: Barrier :P

We are more likely to see the dance studio than the PW: Barrier :P
    I am sure we'll get it once they can get rid of Rapture's ability to return mana from every shield at once. Think it about this way, both the rapture change and SW:B was supposed to go in 3.1. If you toss out a SW:B to a group before massive raid wide AoE, you're getting refunded 12.5% of your mana. They did not want to make it easier, along with what was said above.

I love this idea I too would make disc my MS and swap my OS to shadow so maybe I could dps for once (YAY!) I'm currently running a PvE Holy/2's PvP disc setup

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    I am sure we'll get it once they can get rid of Rapture's ability to return mana from every shield at once. Think it about this way, both the rapture change and SW:B was supposed to go in 3.1. If you toss out a SW:B to a group before massive raid wide AoE, you're getting refunded 12.5% of your mana. They did not want to make it easier, along with what was said above.
    You're assuming that PW:B would put PW:Ss on people, I think it would be more likely to be a separate shield, or use Divine Aegis mechanic.

The real issue we didn't get it in 3.1 was because disc was FREAKING AWESOME in 3.1 without it. Tier 8 was amazing, penance was 6.2 sec CD, competitive trinkets were available, disco PW:S spam was amazingly strong in Ulduar.

If they'd given us PW:B back then it would have been nuts.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hunts0417
    I love this idea I too would make disc my MS
    Quote Originally Posted by jizlobber
    i'd move away from holy and jump on the disc bandwagon :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgard
    They didn't add it in 3.1 because aoe healing lacks in discipline and that's why some priests are still holy. They were afraid to "kill" holy priests.

10+ Year Old Account

Is the only reason you guys are playing Holy Priests Circle of Healing?

Prayer of Shielding sounds cool, but how would it be implemented? Talented or Baseline? And if it was talented where in the tree would it be? If it was baseline would it make Shadowpriests more powerful (since they can cast Discipline spells)?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account

Disc talent. Move Rapture into Borrowed Time, make PW: Barrier a 3 point talent where Rapture was.

*runs before backlash*

Disc talent. Move Rapture into Borrowed Time, make PW: Barrier a 3 point talent where Rapture was.

*runs before backlash*
    So, 1 point for the spell and 2 more to improve it?

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, bit rubbish really. I couldn't think of anything that good. It's a shame Blizzard said they won't add new talents and just let us spend the extra points, or something to that effect, I think.

Yeah, bit rubbish really. I couldn't think of anything that good. It's a shame Blizzard said they won't add new talents and just let us spend the extra points, or something to that effect, I think.
    Actually, they're not adding more talents so we can go deeper into the trees(aka 56 point talents), but we'll have more talents in general, along with 5 extra points to spend. If we do get PW:B it will in Cata, and it will probably be near penance in the tree. There probably will not be any talents called "Improved PW:B", since that should be covered by the mastery stat, but something like BT from casting it will probably happen.

Also, they will be removing a lot of talents that currently are there, and replacing them with ones which are actually interesting as opposed to flat +x% damage/healing.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I would like to have a spell like PW:Barrier..however my envisioning is that it would appear something like Anti-magic bubble...but have a set of amount of total damage it could absorb...split amongst players who enter the bubble.

Let's say the bubble absorbs 35k damage.

Scenario 1:
    I place the barrier directly over the tank during an encounter. No one enters or leaves the bubble, 35k is absorbed.

Scenario 2:
    I place the bubble over 5 ranged dps/heals
    7k dmg is absorbed per person.

Scenario 3:
    3 People are originally in the bubble, they take a total of 17k damage.
    Another person enters the bubble after 17k damage is absorbed.
    This person enters the bubble for 2k damage and then leaves.
    The 3 people originally in the bubble take the final 16k damage altogether.

On a 10 min cooldown, this would be unusable in PvP...however would make for some interesting boss fights.

Just a rough idea, sorry I'm doing ToC right now :P
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Useless spell, would cost a truckload of mana.