Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Prayer Of Shielding!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    PvP talent, where Holy priests
    PvP + Holy? I lold.

What disc needs is a cooldown that allows your next PWS to absorb 50% more and remove all debuffs.

Minimal PvE benefit because disc is in a GREAT spot atm.
    Helps negating burst in pvp because disc has little in the way of reactive healing.

I really hope this becomes a spell in Cataclysm!
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Wrong..
    This kind of ability would be amazing in an "oh crap" situation because it allows you to shield multiple people in a shorter timeframe than you can do now.

PvP talent, where Holy priests don't interfere with Disc priest shielding.
    In PvE holy priests should fuck off with their shields when there's a disc priest around.

And don't bother with the speed is useful for getting away from aoe.. That's bullshit, and everybody knows it, encounters are designed in such as way you don't need the speed boost. If you need it, you probably suck. Tell your dps to suck less and read up on tactics.
    I use the talent as PvE in holy spec mostly for myself, i always communicate with other disc priests about putting shields on targets. Yes the talent is not necessary and the fights are designed in such way that you dont have to use it, but it does makes some fights a lil bit easier for example:
    - Anub'arak 25 hardmode in Totgc with kiting the spikes in the 2nd phases, if someone has to run to an icepatch a little speedboost is helpfull to reach the icepatch faster so they a little more breathing room
    - Putricide in ICC, ok this may sound stupid, but it has always worked good for me and the raid is always thankful for me doing this. When the Gas cloud pops up and targets me, i stand on the other side of the room and wait for the cloud to come close to me so all the dps have enough time to dps it without kiting the cloud, at the very last few seconds before the cloud reaches me i use the shield on myself and run away, most of the time the cloud has been killed just after using the shield
    Like i said, it isnt necessary but it makes the a just a lil bit easier, some people say it isnt worth it and some people dont agree with that

But after all it is all about fun, i mean... running faster than everyone and making them jealous while corpse running in progress raids makes me laugh every time

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Regression
    IMHO a change to GHeal on the disc side to reduce cast time or a mechanic change to our greater heal could be a fix to tank healing issues.
    We are not tank healers, we cannot replace a Holy Paladin. Beacon of Godmode.

And when I'm Holy, I use B&S for running from spikes so we can have even longer when kiting and Prof P. when the Red Ooze is chasing someone, a couple off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    We are not tank healers, we cannot replace a Holy Paladin. Beacon of Godmode.
    That's the whole point..
    Blizzard wants other healers to replace holy paladins.

Have you even bothered reading the blue posts? They don't want you to create a raid and go "let's get a pally and another healer." rather, they want you to go "let's get 2 healers, preferably 2 different healers."
    For easy content, this is already being done, but we all know that's not the case on harder content.

This would be a great spell, and Blizz has wanted to get it in but they've had problems with the tech side of things, something to do with Weakened Soul

15+ Year Old Account

That's the whole point..
    Blizzard wants other healers to replace holy paladins.

Have you even bothered reading the blue posts? They don't want you to create a raid and go "let's get a pally and another healer." rather, they want you to go "let's get 2 healers, preferably 2 different healers."
    For easy content, this is already being done, but we all know that's not the case on harder content.
    I've read the bit where they admit that you need a Healadin for the harder content. It goes without saying how amazing a Paladin is on tank healing, having one dedicated tank healer on two tanks (beacon) instead of two on two. I've read the bit where they do not want this to be the case but probably cannot make this happen to cata with the major changes (which I believe in) and they regret this is the way it's turned out.

Buuuuuuuut we've gone off-topic, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    Disc talent. Move Rapture into Borrowed Time, make PW: Barrier a 3 point talent where Rapture was.

*runs before backlash*

power word barrier would be a 1 point talent

So why does disc need more bubbles? This would probably be OP in arenas. 5 GCD for the price of one in the 5s bracket. Like they need more utility.

Edit: Ok I read the 10 minute cooldown post, but honestly that seems out of proportion. Let's bubble a group (2.5 second cast was it?) and put it on a 10 minute cooldown. Or wait, let's think... How long would it take you to manually bubble that group? 5 seconds and the only limiting factor being the Weakened Soul debuff. I'm pretty sure Blizzard doesn't want priests to have more group heals and smart heals (POM). Come on, give pallies some lovin'.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

It's more of a convience idea (and helping with disc's weakness in aoe healing) than "we need more bubbles".

There are several things that could be done for balancing reasons:

-more mana intensive than single shields
    -less effective individually than PWS (while still applying the same Weakened Soul) / longer debuff than PWS
    -fairly short duration, making it more of a raid aoe reaction ability (and perhaps preventing disc priests easily pre-shielding the whole raid for such abilities)

Cooldown limitation is probably needed, but only to the extend of preventing one disc priest being able to keep it up on the whole raid. Overall, it should probably be about in line with PoH and WG, if a bit more powerful to compensate for the debuff.

I suppose if it wasn't as efficient as regular individual shields but still caused weaken soul it would give you a nice choice to make about speed over absorb strength
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    It's more of a convience idea (and helping with disc's weakness in aoe healing) than "we need more bubbles".
    I didn't realize their job was to AoE heal. I always assumed it was to prevent AoE damage and RNG damage.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

I'd love to see a barrier casted by the priest that cover a range of 20yds. i thinks it can bel channelled by the priest and all the people that stand under this big bubble get shielded from aoe damage.

The graphical effect could be similar to a water fountain

There is definitely something that can be done to create even more of a niche for Disco Priests. PW:S is one of the best spells in the game and Blizz should definitely capitalize on it. Currently, we drop shields like mad but still spend a majority of our time casting FH, PoM, Penence, whatever. I'd rather have an arsenal of different absorb effects rather than healing effects. I love the idea of a Wild Growth/Circle of Healing-ish PW:S, but I think Blizz already introduced this via:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46017

Maybe a level 85 ability that would create the same Val'anyr effect would be pretty epic for us.

That being said...any Anti-Magic Shield channel ability could create some very interesting mechanics for certain encounters. It could be like an AoE spell that's channeled towards the area of your choosing via normal AoE dps targeting like Volley or Blizzard.

TLR
    I love shields, please Blizzard build on this! Until then, Inner Focus + Prayer of Healing -> raidwide Divine Aegis proc ftw.