Lua Addon: check if "facing the wrong way"

Hello

As melee, you can get a wrong position without noticing it for some seconds because of all the spells and stuff on screen ....

So I'm making a simple addon which beeps if I'm out of range.

This is the code: http://pastebin.com/pj26SXQr

Next step would be to check if the target is in front of me.
    So I'm searching some kind of way to check this.

I tried with getplayerfacing and the coordinates, but since you cannot get coordinates for ungrouped units, it fails.

Any idea's ?

Re: Lua Addon: check if "facing the wrong way"

I do not believe such a function is possible, otherwise it might be abused say such as having a map addon that shows the location of every single visible enemy player in a battleground.
    Something like DXE I am sure will utilise to tell you to move towards, or away from a player in your raid, but as for an un-grouped target, then I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Re: Lua Addon: check if "facing the wrong way"

You can do this. You have to make it intercept the error message that WoW puts out (Target must be in front, or what ever it is). Then when it gets that message, make it put out a bigger message/sound.