Dark Coven Gloves Gem Slot

Should I still use my sp /spirt gem or change it to something else with the spirit nerf.

Before the Nerf, Mathematically a Purified Dread stone would give you more sp then just ignoring the slot bonus and putting a Runed CR in there.

Is this still true? Last i herd the Nerf just made life tap cost more and didn't effect how Spirit scales into SP right?

Re: Dark Woven Gloves Gem Slot

It's only lifetap that has been changed spirit still gives the same amount of spell power

Re: Dark Coven Gloves Gem Slot

As Afflic you need a +7 SP or better bonus to make it worthwhile. Spirit does not give you any mana return gains and 23 SP is better than 12 SP/10 Spi whenever LT falls off due to whatever strange reason. The SP is the same either way, so the 'always on' SP is better. As Destro and Demo you need +5/6 SP. This is because while it may even out at +5 SP depending on your Spirit, this is not always the case. Your Spirit should always be divisible by 5 for this reason as well. In most cases you need a +6 SP bonus.

Gloves are +5, so you need to see if +10 Spi puts you on a Spi number that's divisible by 5, or you other nonsense. :P Usually for Demo it's worth it because of the mana returns. For Destro, especially with ISL, it's most likely not worth it. For Afflic it's never worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruxx888
    Should I still use my sp /spirt gem or change it to something else with the spirit nerf.

Before the Nerf, Mathematically a Purified Dread stone would give you more sp then just ignoring the slot bonus and putting a Runed CR in there.

Is this still true? Last i herd the Nerf just made life tap cost more and didn't effect how Spirit scales into SP right?
    12sp/10 spirit equals ~ 15 spell power. My advice: Sim/spread sheet 2 profiles; 1 with the sp/spirit gem and one with the pure sp gem. Theone that turns out higher is the one you use. The difference will be marginal anyway.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

It also depends on your race. As a human, using the ISL Destro Spec and the LT glyph, a blue socket of a socket bonus of 5 or more spell power; a 12sp/spirit is better than a 23sp gem.
    Wolfxtears / Warlock / US / Ysera / Premonition

With demonic aegis you get .39 sp for every spirit. Add Glyph of life tap and its 0.59. Mind you this scales with kings, so 10% more -> ~0.65 sp for every spirit.

a purified dreadstone thus gives you 18.5 sp, meaning any socket bonus over 4.5 sp makes it better than a runed cardinal.
    If you dont have demonic aegis then you're down to 17.5 sp, so the socket bonus has to be bigger than 5.5 sp to beat runed cardinal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrus
    With demonic aegis you get .39 sp for every spirit. Add Glyph of life tap and its 0.59. Mind you this scales with kings, so 10% more -> ~0.65 sp for every spirit.

a purified dreadstone thus gives you 18.5 sp, meaning any socket bonus over 4.5 sp makes it better than a runed cardinal.
    If you dont have demonic aegis then you're down to 17.5 sp, so the socket bonus has to be bigger than 5.5 sp to beat runed cardinal.
    Those are good numbers, but how about if you can't get regular kings, and instead you have to settle for the 8% kings. Its too early in the morning for me to do math.
    Normally, I am not one to post, but only read. If I find an interesting topic, you might see me again.

Deleted

0.59 x 1.08 = 0.6372

RED RED RED +23 SP IF YA DIDNT KNOW =) no point in getting spirit as affliction or even destro

12+5+(10*.5) = 22 SP

23>22

Ofc if you need to fill your meta then go for it

Haha, I suck. I forgot Kings.

10 Spirit = 11 Spirit = 5.5 SP (Afflic) = 6.49 (Destro/Demo)

So 12 SP/10 Spi = 17.5 SP (Afflic) = 18.49 SP (Destro/Demo)

So yeah, stupid Kings. That explains my gemming. I must have been tired as hell on my last post. So yeah, still need +7 usually as Afflic (+6 if the spirit lands you on a number divisible by 5). But for Destro/Demo it's always worth it at +5 SP.

Anyway, ignore the socket bonus as Afflic. Take it as Demo/Destro.