Page 1 of 2
LastLast

To Gem or Not To Gem Spellpower, That Is My Question =D

Ok so today I was lucky and got up the 264 T10 legs out of voa on my old main (new main alt). Put them on and gemmed for haste like I had been doing, but then it dawned on me that I now had the 2P bonus. I went and plugged my toon into RAWR and its telling me to replace ALL of my haste gems with SP now.....I havent really been following resto shaman gemming for awhile, just got it stuck in my head that haste>all.

Here is the link to my toon, any real help would be great.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Muradin&cn=Tumble

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Re: To Gem or Not To Gem Spellpower, That Is My Question =D

Anyone?

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

resto shamans gem haste till the softcap which is around 1260

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    Anyone?
    This is an official warning. Bumping your post after less than 30 mins is a really impatient childish thing to do. DO NOT do it again.

Thats what I thought, but im no where near that, just over halfway to that to be exact, but i think its because of the 20% increase in cast time after a riptide cast..I dont know and I dont wanna spend the gold/gems just because rawr told me too, unless of course its the right thing to do.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    This is an official warning. Bumping your post after less than 30 mins is a really impatient childish thing to do. DO NOT do it again.
    Wow, I didnt realize trying to figure something out was childish, it was 20 mins and most people seem to only follow whats on the front page most the time, I didnt think it would be a massive issue. But now that we feel better about our selfs for scolding someone over 10 minutes, do you know the answer. I come here for help and I get warnings, and you say im being childish.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Deleted

Trying to figure something out is NOT childish. Bumping posts on the front page after just over 20 minutes is very very "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet" childish. There is NO need to bump things after 20 minutes when the oldest post on the front page is MORE than 24 hours old. By all means bump it if its falling off the front page, but not after just 20 mins. This is NOT the Blizzard forums.

Please note if you cannot live by these rules, you can quite easily stop using the forums. Just no-one wants an impatient idiot bumping his posts every 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    Wow, I didnt realize trying to figure something out was childish, it was 20 mins and most people seem to only follow whats on the front page most the time, I didnt think it would be a massive issue. But now that we feel better about our selfs for scolding someone over 10 minutes, do you know the answer. I come here for help and I get warnings, and you say im being childish.
    By using their forums you abide to their rules and stuff like this is in the stickies anyway. Reinforcing a forums rules isn't really childish if you think about it carefully.

I'd gem haste until the soft cap personally but it depends on gear, itemisation etc. Rawr seems to have a nasty habit of optimising your character even if it's not "ready" to be optimised

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate
    By using their forums you abide to their rules and stuff like this is in the stickies anyway. Reinforcing a forums rules isn't really childish if you think about it carefully.

I'd gem haste until the soft cap personally but it depends on gear, itemisation etc. Rawr seems to have a nasty habit of optimising your character even if it's not "ready" to be optimised
    Ty for the suggestion. And to an extend I agree, but after only being read 8 times then no more peaks after about 20 mins I figured what the heck I'd bump it, not to be childish, and now Im and idiot according the mod who lurks in the shadows waitng to strike with the ban hammer. I could understand if it was a constant thing, but once and all of the sudden im a childish idiot. And I know I can leave these forums at any time, but I like the community as a whole.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Just no-one wants an impatient idiot bumping his posts every 20 minutes.
    I'm willing to bet that almost no one actually cares. Come down off your power trip, this is an internet discussion board, not...well, anything important. And also Mister Moderator, I find you to be in violation of the Forum Guidelines (found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...%28read-me%29/). Particularly section 1, Respect your fellow community member. It specifically states, "Do not call people "dumb fuck", "idiot", "retard",..." I realize that in pointing this out, I am violating section 11, however the difference is I do not care. Clearly you take these forum rules very seriously, so do try your best to follow them and stop calling the members of this community inflammatory names.

And I also say, favor Haste over Spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by bw13187
    I'm willing to bet that almost no one actually cares. Come down off your power trip, this is an internet discussion board, not...well, anything important. And also Mister Moderator, I find you to be in violation of the Forum Guidelines (found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...%28read-me%29/). Particularly section 1, Respect your fellow community member. It specifically states, "Do not call people "dumb fuck", "idiot", "retard",..." I realize that in pointing this out, I am violating section 11, however the difference is I do not care. Clearly you take these forum rules very seriously, so do try your best to follow them and stop calling the members of this community inflammatory names.

Thank you, I was hoping to not have to spend about 2k on new gems. Also, thank you for pointing out the rules =D

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Haste wins till softcap. Same for pretty much any caster i guess.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

Although I don't play Shaman anymore (since TBC), I would say, gem for what you feel like playing. The difference is probably minimal between Haste and SP (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm actually considering picking up my Shaman again) during a boss-fight, but I would myself favor Haste due to having heals casting faster, rather than getting slow big-chunks landing.

Haste > SP

In my opinion, the mod was unnecessarily rude in their warning. >_>
    A simple, "Please do not bump posts until after 30 mins" would have been just fine. =/

Thanks again guys and gals, this is why I like the community here so much. I will stick with haste for now, as I said I'm a long ways from the soft cap and I truely dont think the extra 200 or so sp I would get from re gemming would do much if my target dies b4 my heal lands.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Deleted

Reported moderator is reported.

And to OP, if you want to be even more certain of your choise, yea I'd say stick to haste.

couldn't put it better myself, and as for gemming after your heals 'hit' hard there is no point to go more sp (you get tons from gear anyway) as you will top anyone anyway and faster is always better in today's raiding

He did not say that the OP if this thread where a idiot, just said that no one wants or care about someone who bumbs their own post ever 20min. a person doing this, is in my eyes too a idiot, and he are in full rights to say what he did.
    he didn't call the OP a inpatient idiot, just gave him a warning and told him to stop being so impatient that he needs to bumb his own post after 20min. We don't like people that does this, there is no need to do it until the post is no longer on the first page, and it was after 20min still on the first page, and people would still read it. he just needs to be patient and wait abit more, if he gets a answer inside the first 20min or 2 hours doesn't matter. this is a game and not so important that he would die if I didn't get a answer at the first 20min
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Sundoll
    Haste > SP

In my opinion, the mod was unnecessarily rude in their warning. >_>
    A simple, "Please do not bump posts until after 30 mins" would have been just fine. =/
    I'm guessing he's had a bad day and is taking it out on random people. Though that act itself is childish and not really thought through.
    So by calling the guys who just wants an answer to his question within the hour "childish" is wrong since he's childish himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus
    He did not say that the OP of this thread were an idiot. Just said that no one wants or care about someone who bumps their own post every 20min. A person doing this, is in my eyes too an idiot too.
    Fixed.

[USER WAS TEMPORARY BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Someone probably goofed in the Rawr coding thinking that it was a 20% haste buff that lasts for 10 sec instead of having a 10 sec duration consumed by your next spellcast, which with a 6 sec cd on Riptide would grant you 20% haste with near 100% uptime. You still wouldn't switch to gemming pure spellpower however, you'd instead play skittles with your sockets and just go through matching with Recklesss, Energized, and Quick.

That being said...

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t24796-shaman_restoration/

1269 Haste or bust.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.