Thread: Achievements

Achievements

Where do you stand on achievements? personally I think that they're kind of useless, it was fun at first when you fall down somewhere and suddenly [name] has achieved [Going down]! followed by a lot of grats, but now they're just annoying, I can't believe how many time I see in trade [2] LFM VoA 10 link 25 man arcsh. I think they should be made into some kind of currency, nothing too important maybe just 1000 achievement points for some BoA gear.
    I know they said that they won't make it into a currency but I have high hopes :>
    Thoughts?

Re: Achievements

Achieves prove that you have done something, and when pugging you as the RL will want people that know the fight. Also if you're annoyed by a little sentence popping up in your chat box, then you need to stop playing WoW.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

It doesn't annoy me to the extent to stop playing.. it's just when people ask for more achievements then what's necessary like I said for example wanting 25 man achievements for 10 man, it's just like gearscore..

It was maybe a nice concept but the way they are used now is just completely wrong.

You do not have to know a fight in order to down it. Especially in the raid content of WotlK it has become extremely easy to get boosted through the raids.

Stupid people ruin good ideas.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

It's a good idea that got old quick. It's nice as a casual thing but I don't think it should be used as it as like thatwsntmilk said

I personally love achievements. They're a great addition to the game, even just the small ones like when your alt dings x0. Raid achievements are absolutely awesome. Period.

People are using it the wrong way, however, just like Gearscore is being used incorrectly. The majority of PuG leaders tend to believe that "Achievement + high gearscore = FCKING BADASS".

Those people simply have to wake up, it's not really the achievements' faults. Remember being asked if you had cleared the instance back in the days without gearscore and achievements too?

i hate Achievements and GS

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaria
    Stupid people ruin good ideas.
    second that =)

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoenary
    i hate Achievements and GS
    Dont blame the tool, blame the user who cant interpret the data correctly (and therefore himself is a tool)