Feral / Paladin - Template ?

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum and I apologize in advance for my English because it is not my native language.
    I'll play with a paladin heal in 2v2 arena and I would like advice on the best template to be adopted and that the optimal strategy vs compositions with a healer.
    I know this is not a composition very powerful but I play with a friend!
    Regarding the template, I hesitate between a template bear / switch cat for dot with full Strench/AP (jeweling/enchant) or something then focused on the cat form with full agi (jeweling/enchant).
    What do you think is the best choice for me?
    Thanks for your answers !

Re: Feral / Paladin - Template ?

In general your games should be extremely agressive, because you're lacking priest's offensive capabilities. The strategies vary depending on the enemy healer, but since it's not easy for your setup to land kills on switches, you'll mostly have to win the manawar.
    First of all, remember one thing: there are no bears in the arena. Ever. Bear form is used for:
    1. Feral charge.
    2. Bash.
    3. Frenzied Regeneration.
    4. DemoRoaring/Lacerating rogues to prevent stealth.
    5. Getting a Mangle off when low on energy.
    In every other situation Cat is by far superior, so no strength or ap, they're bad, only agility!
    Bears do little to no pressure, and cast no insta cyclones, while cats deal nice damage and get 20% more healing, which is gamebreaking in your setup.
    Learn to counter their mana-returning aIbilities like innervate, shadowfiend and divine plea. Cyclone is your best friend here. Cyclone'd targets don't get mana from these things. Although in case of priest, you should cyclone the shadowfiend, not the priest. The mana tide totem should also be destroyed asap.

Hope this'll help and good luck!

Cycloned targets also dont get healed, Cycloned targets don't chase you around LoS while you restealth etc...

Shaman and druid healers cant get rid of roots on melee partners.

In contrast to previous poster, bear > melee dual dps and rogue dual dps.

The only double melee you can see on a reasonable rating is feral+rogue, where bearform can't save you, but sprint can. And don't forget -30% damage while stunned, which is much more beneficial against rogue+anything.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Unba
    In general your games should be extremely agressive, because you're lacking priest's offensive capabilities. The strategies vary depending on the enemy healer, but since it's not easy for your setup to land kills on switches, you'll mostly have to win the manawar.
    First of all, remember one thing: there are no bears in the arena. Ever. Bear form is used for:
    1. Feral charge.
    2. Bash.
    3. Frenzied Regeneration.
    4. DemoRoaring/Lacerating rogues to prevent stealth.
    5. Getting a Mangle off when low on energy.
    6. Outlasting double DPS teams (depending on setup).
    7. Using Survival Instincts.

In every other situation Cat is by far superior, so no strength or ap, they're bad, only agility!
    Bears do little to no pressure, and cast no insta cyclones, while cats deal nice damage and get 20% more healing, which is gamebreaking in your setup.
    Learn to counter their mana-returning aIbilities like innervate, shadowfiend and divine plea. Cyclone is your best friend here. Cyclone'd targets don't get mana from these things. Although in case of priest, you should cyclone the shadowfiend, not the priest. The mana tide totem should also be destroyed asap.

Hope this'll help and good luck!
    Added some stuff. The rest is 100% true. All you need to know is now there ----^

Thank you for these tips!

I understand that there are two types of template: one focused on mutilate and the other on shred. I think my way towards the second solution, because otherwise I'm afraid to haven't enough burst dps !
    What is the optimal template? Because I may do simulations, I can not find something decent, I think I mostly lack of experience in arena to be able to make a good template!
    Thank you again!