Wooo Trinkets! And Haste!

Double Solaces? or Heroic Solace and Purified Lunar Dust? or Heroic Solace and Abacus!

And I see all these haste topics. Let me ask a general question:

How much Haste (REALISTICALLY) should a Holy Priest have to be competitive in a 25 man raid? Give me a number that is not super easily atainable, but a number that the better-than-average player should shoot for.

I've seen the base haste rating on EJ, and that rating is for shmucks!

Re: Wooo Trinkets! And Haste!

At least 750 haste.
    I'd say if you dont need the mana regen, Heroic Solace and Heroic Althor's Abacus.
    Sliver just sucks.

I have over 1100 haste in my gear, armory Astrii US Akama in Acquired Taste. If you are confident that Holy will be your fulltime spec (or majority of the time) and you won't have to go discipline then throw all 20 haste gems in your gear and go to town spamming renew.

As for trinkets, with that much haste mana sometimes becomes a small issue, I'd suggest picking up a Spark of Hope, the simple 219 iLevel 10 man Kologarn trinket. It still has double the mp5 of a heroic solace. Your second trinket should be a solace, however.

On fights where you don't need the mana because there is plenty of regen or downtime (Lich King, Valithria, Sindragosa) then it's safe to use purified lunar dust or the abacus. With the buff to the dust, I think it's a tad better than the Abacus, but it's all preferential style of play.

TL;DR:

Stack as much haste as you can. My flash heal cast time is down to 1.1 seconds in holy and I plan on acquiring more haste. Spark of Hope, Solace, Abacus, Lunar - All 4 are good, Solace should always be included, Spark of hope on heavy mana fights, lunar on so/so fights, abacus when its not an issue.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Sliver just sucks.
    Unless it is a 4~m fight, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Taas
    How much Haste (REALISTICALLY) should a Holy Priest have to be competitive in a 25 man raid? Give me a number that is not super easily atainable, but a number that the better-than-average player should shoot for.
    I'll say 1269 IMHO. You would have to elaborate what you mean by "competitive" tho

Really depends on the level of the gear...

Even in 232 you can reach 1000haste, but doing so you'd have 2700sp and 15% holy crit, wich is retarded.

For starters, if you want to focus on haste, I'd say 800haste/3000sp/20% holycrit