ICC 5% buff on cats and bears

As the buff reads, it is a 5% increase to damage, healing and health. I'm wondering if anyone knows how the "damage" portion is calculated?

Just from my own experience as a kitty, I am seeing much more than a 5% buff to my damage. If the 5% increase is affecting agility/strength/crit etc.., rather than just straight end product damage numbers, that could explain the sizable increase I'm seeing. How is this buff affecting others?

Also, if we are getting a 5% buff to health, does that mean that ICC raiding bears should be stacking stam in order to make the most of this benefit? As it is currenlty, I've been gemming/chanting/trinketing towards avoidance and mitigation, while maintaining a healthy hp pool (around 50k hp) but avoidance/mitigation stats don't seem to be benefiting from the buff, whereas if I were to stack stamina I'd be getting a 5% bonus.

Just throwing these thoughts out there.

Re: ICC 5% buff on cats and bears

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydad
    As the buff reads, it is a 5% increase to damage, healing and health. I'm wondering if anyone knows how the "damage" portion is calculated?

Just from my own experience as a kitty, I am seeing much more than a 5% buff to my damage. If the 5% increase is affecting agility/strength/crit etc.., rather than just straight end product damage numbers, that could explain the sizable increase I'm seeing. How is this buff affecting others?

Also, if we are getting a 5% buff to health, does that mean that ICC raiding bears should be stacking stam in order to make the most of this benefit? As it is currenlty, I've been gemming/chanting/trinketing towards avoidance and mitigation, while maintaining a healthy hp pool (around 50k hp) but avoidance/mitigation stats don't seem to be benefiting from the buff, whereas if I were to stack stamina I'd be getting a 5% bonus.

Just throwing these thoughts out there.
    The way the 5% damage buff work is pretty simple. It just increases all the damage you do - by 5%. It doesn't effect your stats in any special way.

As for the bear issue, stamina has been the best stat to stack for a while now. In either case, you're missing out by stacking mitigation.

You're never really "missing out" when stacking mitigation. That is, if you don't do it at the expense of survival.

Avoidance however has been notably downplayed lately. The exact balance that works for you is up to you and your own raiding setup.

My big thing with stam stacking is, I am already getting a solide 52+% dodge raid buffed just from the gear alone, so I dont see any problem just stacking stam at the moment. 60k Buffed is amazing the ICC 10 man content, havent tried 25 yet, but after we get full clears of 10 with both our groups, we are merging them for 25 man content. As far as the buff goes, I have also noticed seemingly much more than 5% increase to the damage I deal while in bear and cat form in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    You're never really "missing out" when stacking mitigation. That is, if you don't do it at the expense of survival.
    We'll I don't really play bear too often, but from what I've read and seen everything seems to point towards stam stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggyslasher
    I have also noticed seemingly much more than 5% increase to the damage I deal while in bear and cat form in ICC.
    You're likely just assuming a lower amount of DPS increase than what 5% actually is. Or you could just be having a good week? :P

Deleted

i'm almost thinking i am talking bullshit but:
    when you DoT (rip, rake) the boss the need to walk and move back you see a wayfar increase then 5% because dps lowers anyway when dotting and running, when back on the boss your dealing more damage in the same amount of time before running again

I'm seeing an increase of between 10-11% on dps during stationary fights like sauerfang, festergut, or even the deathward trash in the beginning. My recount numbers have been quite consistent on these fights prior to the buff going live and I have had no significant gear upgrades.

This is only a point of interest because if the formula is anything besides simply a 5% bonus tacked onto the end damage, it could have gemming/enchanting implications with regards to maximizing the effect of the buff.

I'm certainly not complaining that I'm doing more damage, I just want to make sure I'm taking full advantage of the buff.

I dunno, I think you're all just crazy :P

You may just be perfecting your rotation even better than you already had it, clipping dots less with better uptime etc. I have no idea obviously but it's just a theory.

Also, did you perhaps add a combat rogue or arms warrior to your raid roster?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Piggyslasher
    My big thing with stam stacking is, I am already getting a solide 52+% dodge raid buffed just from the gear alone, so I dont see any problem just stacking stam at the moment. 60k Buffed is amazing the ICC 10 man content, havent tried 25 yet, but after we get full clears of 10 with both our groups, we are merging them for 25 man content. As far as the buff goes, I have also noticed seemingly much more than 5% increase to the damage I deal while in bear and cat form in ICC.
    If fights are shorter then you will have a higher trinket/bloodlust uptime, so your dps seems increased by more than 5%.

if you have actual numbers that it's more than 5% than it's probably just RNG on your side and you getting better at your rotation, if it just seems like 5% more then you didn't think of this buff as highly as you should have. in my 25's we've wiped on BQL for 2 weeks at less than 10% a lot, after getting the 5% buff we went in and 1 shot her for our first kill. the buff is more of a help than it seems

Deleted

5% should be 5%

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    5% should be 5%

The dmg you do with everything is exactly 5% higher, But since the fight will be shorter etc... "dps" increases
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir
    If fights are shorter then you will have a higher trinket/bloodlust uptime, so your dps seems increased by more than 5%.
    100% this. Shorter times, with high burst means higher dps.