[Ele] Change to Flame Shock require tier gear?

Subject pretty much explains my question. Essentially with the change in making FS scale with haste, will that make getting the 4 set fairly essential? I know on fights like Dreamwalker and Gunship it wouldn't because your not focusing one target, but on actual stay on boss fights, would that make the 4 pc an urgent upgrade?

On a side note, my guild adheres to armor restrictions over dkp(don't care if you wanna say its stupid or not), and we have had a 0 drop rate on the Plaguebringer's Stained Pants off of Festergut since plague wing release. Since its gonna be almost impossible for me to get them, are using the combo of tier chest and legs with gloves from gunship fairly equivalent to tier chest and gloves with the pants off Festergut? Would like that input here, mainly because I know my guild probably won't be able to do all the bosses on HM therefore the BiS list isn't what I'm shooting for.

Thanks ahead of time.

Re: [Ele] Change to Flame Shock require tier gear?

The haste change to flame shock affects all shamans equally, regardless of their gear level. Maybe Haste would make you need to reapply Flame Shock more often, but this is something that 4t10 would never compensate. Plus, Flame Shock already has a very good DPSC, and is getting buffed, so casting it more often isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Don't get me wrong, 4t10 is still a damage increase and worth pursuing, but won't really change your rotation dramatically if that was what worried you. I don't know about its actual DPS value, but I'm told it's worth getting despite the legs and gloves being terrible (just make sure you only wear either gloves or legs for your 4 set, never both!)

FS DoT is what? Like ~5% of total damage? 10%? (Just guessing here. Close enough to not bother going to check logs.) Haste will bump that by maybe ~40%? Mitigated ever so slightly by having to blow a GCD for it more often?

So it will be a DPS boost, too late on a Fri to do the numbers, and will almost certainly nudge the 4pc over 2+offset in the DPS range. But by no means will it be "ZOMG IMBA MUST HAVE!!!!".

As for how to get to it? I dunno. I suppose you have to balance hit and whatever other loot you manage to get along the way. Use Rawr.

Personally? I always wait to get gloves and pants last, because you never know what the Wheel of Archavon has in store for you.

Edit: To the above. Bah! Legs + gloves (thanks Archavon!) + shoulders (must have. Animated ruminants >>> all). Get the hat, get meteor chasers rainment, voila. Good on hit, all frost badged, no loot drama, no RNG.

I always wonder why everyone seems so against wearing both the gloves and pants. It's like if the piece doesnt have hit/haste or haste/crit it's not even worth it. Even if LvB doesn't benefit, I rather like my critting on LBs...

On a side note, I'm feeling what the last poster said. Stick with gloves/chest/legs/hat and go with chaser's raiments. Hit's actually getting pretty tough to come by in icc if you dont raid with a boomkin/spriest

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bstore2
    I always wonder why everyone seems so against wearing both the gloves and pants. It's like if the piece doesnt have hit/haste or haste/crit it's not even worth it. Even if LvB doesn't benefit, I rather like my critting on LBs...

On a side note, I'm feeling what the last poster said. Stick with gloves/chest/legs/hat and go with chaser's raiments. Hit's actually getting pretty tough to come by in icc if you dont raid with a boomkin/spriest
    However it'd be very strange for someone to be in a 25man raiding guild w/o one of those classes (although it can happen. it took me 2 months to convince my guild that demo was required).

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe
    FS DoT is what? Like ~5% of total damage? 10%? (Just guessing here. Close enough to not bother going to check logs.) Haste will bump that by maybe ~40%? Mitigated ever so slightly by having to blow a GCD for it more often?

So it will be a DPS boost, too late on a Fri to do the numbers, and will almost certainly nudge the 4pc over 2+offset in the DPS range. But by no means will it be "ZOMG IMBA MUST HAVE!!!!".

As for how to get to it? I dunno. I suppose you have to balance hit and whatever other loot you manage to get along the way. Use Rawr.

Personally? I always wait to get gloves and pants last, because you never know what the Wheel of Archavon has in store for you.

Edit: To the above. Bah! Legs + gloves (thanks Archavon!) + shoulders (must have. Animated ruminants >>> all). Get the hat, get meteor chasers rainment, voila. Good on hit, all frost badged, no loot drama, no RNG.
    I think the other changes to FS (e.g. it being able to crit baseline) also drive up the value of the 4pc while also freeing up a glyph slot (although i'm not sure if the new FS glyph is still viable.)

Thanks for your input guys. I have a feeling Im going to go with gloves from gunship and t legs and t chest because I've had the gloves drop for me. So I won't be sacrificing in the crit or haste department too much.

Again, thanks for your input.

You'll pretty much have at least 1 Doomkin or SP in a 25 man, what most people dont realize though that you probably wont have one in a 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardi
    I don't know about its actual DPS value, but I'm told it's worth getting despite the legs and gloves being terrible (just make sure you only wear either gloves or legs for your 4 set, never both!)
    i'm wearing both. and the exalted ashen ring. adding 1 +20 hit gem makes me hit capped. what's your point in saying there are bad?

ofc haste instead of crit would be better, but tangling about 1200 haste (with full stacked relic) the lack of crit is quite neglectable.

and having 4 piece bonus + hitcap is nice. asking for more would really be greedy. plus, if your guild won't let you roll on cloth/leather you are BOUND TO use THIS off-set item to replace your 5th set item.
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

Quote Originally Posted by Cadamon
    i'm wearing both. and the exalted ashen ring. adding 1 +20 hit gem makes me hit capped. what's your point in saying there are bad?
    Those 2 pieces are not itemizes as well as the other 3, meaning they are bad.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2 Beta Key
    Those 2 pieces are not itemizes as well as the other 3, meaning they are bad.
    How are they badly itemized? Just crit instead of haste. You don't want to give up ALL the crit on you gear, as elemental oath is worth trying to keep up 100%

(I mean its talented effect, not just the aura)

How are they badly itemized? Just crit instead of haste. You don't want to give up ALL the crit on you gear, as elemental oath is worth trying to keep up 100%

(I mean its talented effect, not just the aura)

Most of us are pushing 60%+ crit on LB/CL as it is, keeping that up 100% of the time usually isn't a problem, I'd preffer if the gloves or legs had haste, so we could stick to the normal. Haste/hit, haste/crit fashion of gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Solecoor

Most of us are pushing 60%+ crit on LB/CL as it is, keeping that up 100% of the time usually isn't a problem, I'd preffer if the gloves or legs had haste, so we could stick to the normal. Haste/hit, haste/crit fashion of gearing.
    I'm new to the Shaman, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but aren't you supposed to keep FS on your target full time, therefore making LB 100% crit? Therefore, isn't Elemental Oath 100% uptime?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    I'm new to the Shaman, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but aren't you supposed to keep FS on your target full time, therefore making LB 100% crit? Therefore, isn't Elemental Oath 100% uptime?
    they're talking about the 10% extra dmg u get when you proc elemental focus, the last part in the description of elemental oath

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    LB = Lightning Bolt
    LvB = Lava Burst

Easy mistake to someone new to shamans