Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Prot] Can we solo Heroic Magister's Terrace?

Hey guys, I'm trying to farm an Orb of the Sindorei. I'm a healadin main, and I've been 2-manning it with a friend... but we don't run everyday.

I've got a pretty good prot off-spec, fairly decent geared (definetly enough) do you think it's possible to solo Heroic Magister's Terrace?

If so... what do you advise? Any tips? Anything I should do special for certain bosses? Thanks in advance!
    What are the three things a wise man fears?

The deep of the sea, a moonless night, and the wrath of a patient man.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: [Prot] Can we solo Heroic Magister's Terrace?

Quote Originally Posted by Taedran
    Hey guys, I'm trying to farm an Orb of the Sindorei. I'm a healadin main, and I've been 2-manning it with a friend... but we don't run everyday.

I've got a pretty good prot off-spec, fairly decent geared (definetly enough) do you think it's possible to solo Heroic Magister's Terrace?

If so... what do you advise? Any tips? Anything I should do special for certain bosses? Thanks in advance!
    I solo it as Ret so I would assume as Prot it would be a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

yes my gm does it every day along with kara ever week it shouldnt be hard

It's extremely easy, I did it with Retribution PvP Equipment + Prot Spec. I think you'll need Lay on Hands for the last boss (pyro) everything else is a joke.

Cool, I'll go try it out then.
    What are the three things a wise man fears?

The deep of the sea, a moonless night, and the wrath of a patient man.

10+ Year Old Account

Easy, just judge light and sacred sheild first boss, second boss kill sparks + sacred sheild + judge light again, maybe bubble, then burn, 3rd boss pull with hand of reckoning, hammer of justice, burn (all on delrissa) then avengers as it wears off and she be dead.

Kael is trickier, i went ret spec but with prot gear +2h wep ( was ulduar gear) but worked a treat, remember fire aura and you'll be fine, not a dps race on him once hit phase 2, jst remember that
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

On heroic, I could solo up to the PvP bosses on my DK, this was about halfway through 3.2.2.

I would wear tank gear and use my PVE blood spec for health regen.

Normal mode was easy solo.

For a decently geared pally in 3.3 this would be a total joke. No special tricks, just make sure you get out of the anti-magic bubble the trash at the beginning casts. And no matter what, the PvP fight is gonna be tough.

The only problem that is presented as a Prot is the final boss's Shield that you have to break to stop Pyroblast. But if you have bubble ready you can block the first and burst the second if you get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    Kael is a joke with current gear. I did it around 3.1 and had only a few problems with him. This was before the AD buff. With the AD buff and all the current gear, it's not gonna be a challenge at all. Divine Protection the first pyro, AD the 2nd. Avoid the orbs, keep burning. HoR works while in the air phase as he isn't targetting you. If he does a third Pyro... yeah, you're doing something very wrong.

Delrissa is all about AoE and focusing the healers.

Vexallus is easy as hell, nuke him, kill the orbs, watch your damage reach stupid levels, win.

First boss is all about... well... umm, yeah. You're likely to go OOM on this one.
    Oh yeah, that's true, forgot about AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

10+ Year Old Account

Used to solo this as enhance in 3.1 for the mount, so for prot.. faceroll?

I can solo it on my prot warr. You'll be fine.

Delrissa runs oom pretty fast. they don't dmg you at all... just wait.

Only vexallus has been a bit triccky in 3.1 tank gear. does a lot of dmg and I used bubble and LoH. Today with about 15k more hp and AD he is probably not that dangerous.

my elemental vid shows the way to avoid all the annoying trash in front of delrissa:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8G3-38d688
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

All specs are viable for this. I've done it as holy and ret, and even as holy the only somewhat challenging boss was vexallus.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

10+ Year Old Account

im doing all bosses in there with prot gear + ret spec +2h wepons and som ret gear for dps
    + 540 def

its pretty easy trahs gave me harder times than bossens lol

gl getting mount

Save for Vexallus, its pretty easy for rets.

Seal of Light and Judgement of Light should make you immortal in there.. Your basic dmg abilities is more than enough to kill anything in a timely manner.

Apart from the big voidy boss.. That guy needs as much nuke as you can throw at him.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

The only boss you will have any issue with is the second. Only because of the dick ton of magic dmg you take. But, a skilled pally should still be able to get him easily

Quote Originally Posted by Suliso
    im doing all bosses in there with prot gear + ret spec +2h wepons and som ret gear for dps
    + 540 def

its pretty easy trahs gave me harder times than bossens lol

gl getting mount
    You really only need 490 defense since I'm assuming you're just trying to avoid crits...

10+ Year Old Account

was it 490 in bc thought it was also 540

well i go there with 540 2t10 ret and dc and its working fine

Soloed it multiple times as prot, only boss iv ever had trouble on was the third, and only when the lskhglhngr shaman spawns. " o look all my buffs are gone and someone is healing delrissa imagine that ffffffff"

Kael can be tricky but i just bubble the pyro and unlike others iv never had a second pyro happen. LoH is nice for him though if the orbs start getting you too low or you go oom lol