Quote Originally Posted by Woesnoes
    Sounds good, I hope Blizzard will take a look at this
    Highly doubt it...but I was bored, soo.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Scarlet Redemption: The Crumbling Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    I thought the Scarlet Crusade was destroyed....I mean, we ran through their cathedral and killed their leaders and then the Onslaught in Northrend was more or less destroyed...

What's left of it, really?

Let me rephrase this: I'm pretty sure there isn't anything left of either the Crusade or Onslaught except for like...8 guys.
    A lot of towns, villages, camps, outposts, etc...most if not all having some form of "Home Guard"...would be the most logical answer. Whats happened to them after the BoLHC is the next question.

EJL

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    The Crusade as is it, yes - but the faction you'd be aligned with are the few that regained their sanity and are trying to stop the rest of them to atone.
    And still:

Horde races are pretty much kill on sight for them no?

In short, trying to atone does not equal "Orc lover" or even "Orc friend". The likeliest course of action for this Scarlet Redemption is the most obviou...rapprochement with the Alliance.

EJL

Theres still a number of Scarlet high rankers that could always come back and rebuild the crusade.

Maybe after the scourge is gone they try to just defeat the horde races and take over the Argents.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Renotarshil
    I've always wanted to have a rep gain with a scarlet faction, I like it.
    Me 2. I always liked them. Redeem them blizz!
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Talen
    And still:

Horde races are pretty much kill on sight for them no?

In short, trying to atone does not equal "Orc lover" or even "Orc friend". The likeliest course of action for this Scarlet Redemption is the most obviou...rapprochement with the Alliance.

EJL
    Part of what I was pointing out is realizing that they were wrong, though. The Horde's heroes were undoubtedly crucial to the fall of the Lich King - even if who ultimately did it is left unanswered for play's sake.

The idea might have it's merti, because the sub-leaders of the Scarlets are dead, but the main flaw is that Mal'ganis is still alive somewhere and I doubt he will relinquish his hold on his precious army too easily. Besides, they still have to be kept as the evil faction for at least one reason - if they weren't bad anymore in Cataclysm, Blizz would have to close down Scarlet Monastery (since if the lore moved on, what we did in the past would have to be marked as well), and that would cause major problems. Also, first I thought Blizz had forgotten about Mal'ganis in Northrend because he is nowhere present in the ICC, but now I think that they actually left him on purpose, so the Scarlets can continue to cause mayhem.

Dear Blizzard,
    Please nerf Rock. Paper is ok.
    - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Champion
    The idea might have it's merti, because the sub-leaders of the Scarlets are dead, but the main flaw is that Mal'ganis is still alive somewhere and I doubt he will relinquish his hold on his precious army too easily. Besides, they still have to be kept as the evil faction for at least one reason - if they weren't bad anymore in Cataclysm, Blizz would have to close down Scarlet Monastery (since if the lore moved on, what we did in the past would have to be marked as well), and that would cause major problems. Also, first I thought Blizz had forgotten about Mal'ganis in Northrend because he is nowhere present in the ICC, but now I think that they actually left him on purpose, so the Scarlets can continue to cause mayhem.
    The Onslaught has been thoroughly defeated, leaving only shattered remains where the new story starts off. I doubt Mal'ganis would care much about a disorganized and disheartened group, especially after the purpose he had been using them for had been fulfilled.

If he wants vengeance on Azeroth now, I'd assume the Legion would be more than happy to give him a force.

i have to say, i disagree with the possibility of one faction. Humans even those who were formerly in the knights of the silver hand killed horde races on site, which was at the time; Trolls, orcs, cows and those who were victis of undeath.

this idea needs 2 factions, having just one is going to be an illogical retcon

Quote Originally Posted by Shanur
    i have to say, i disagree with the possibility of one faction. Humans even those who were formerly in the knights of the silver hand killed horde races on site, which was at the time; Trolls, orcs, cows and those who were victis of undeath.

this idea needs 2 factions, having just one is going to be an illogical retcon
    Just like Tirion used to kill Orcs on sight, surely he could never change!

Oh wait...

he was also exiled from the silver hand

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Champion
    . Besides, they still have to be kept as the evil faction for at least one reason - if they weren't bad anymore in Cataclysm, Blizz would have to close down Scarlet Monastery (since if the lore moved on, what we did in the past would have to be marked as well)

Thats like saying black temple should be closed because illidan is dead according to lore

^ this, the idea behind keeping SM open will just be that you havent killed the people inside even after the Cata. time moves differently in wow, depending what your level is, you arent attuned to all the lore yet

The Scarlet Crusade and Scarlet Onslaught are best thought of as two different factions. The Crusade is they original, the larger of the two. The Onslaught is a sub-faction of their most fanatical and dangerous. Both took incredible losses, the Crusade during the end of the Death Knight quest chain when elements from most every major Crusade base in the region were ambushed and wiped out by the Scourge forces, aided by Frost Wyrm's and the player character. The Onslaught, smaller then the Crusade to begin with, was almost entierly wiped out by Scourge Forces, the player character, and the Ebon Blade.

The Onslaught won't go to Azeroth proper, as Blizz has said Northrend and Outlands won't change. Think of them as taking a step back in time. The Crusade proper however can still be around, although greately diminished. With the Lich King "dead", his armies for the most part either dead or gone, many would give up and return home or try to rebuild. Those remaining fanatics would most certainly however shift their target to the Forsaken as they are the last true undead power.

I would expect the Crusade to remain in Tirisfal Glades, the last die hards of a falling order, for the most part, thus explaining why the Scarlet Monestary is still around as their last true bastion. All that would really need to change is some quest text.

I'm pretty sure if there was a faction of 'friendly' deprogrammed Scarlet Crusaders they would not name themselves the Scarlet anything on account of the connotations such a name would have. The days of the Scarlet Crusade's heroism are long gone. For far too long their name has become associated with evil, corruption and villainy. This of course assumes that any Scarlets yet live and are of a sizeable ammount to breakaway and make their own faction... most of which are either in the thrall of the Burning Legion or were simply killed either in the Plaguelands or Northrend.
    Check out The Darkest Blog for weird gaming reviews, oddly self-absorbed wargaming news and disturbingly brutal fiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Heljak
    I'm pretty sure if there was a faction of 'friendly' deprogrammed Scarlet Crusaders they would not name themselves the Scarlet anything on account of the connotations such a name would have. The days of the Scarlet Crusade's heroism are long gone. For far too long their name has become associated with evil, corruption and villainy. This of course assumes that any Scarlets yet live and are of a sizeable ammount to breakaway and make their own faction... most of which are either in the thrall of the Burning Legion or were simply killed either in the Plaguelands or Northrend.
    I actually considered that when picking their name. I was thinking of having a conversation with the leader of the new faction, going something like this:

Player: High Redeemer *name*, why do you still carry the Scarlet name?
    High Redeemer: It's a motivator and a tribute to the fallen; lest we forget the terrible sins we have committed upon this world. To bear any other name is to deny who I once was, who we all once were. No, I will bear the Scarlet name as long as I live - a scar upon my soul that will never truly heal, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanur
    he was also exiled from the silver hand
    He was exiled for having to assault Alliance soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Why?: I'm bored.

Idea: What happens to the shattered remnants of the Crusade? The small strongholds, camps, and outpost left behind by the Onslaught - but not destroyed.

Concept: With the death of the Lich King and the (supposed) disappearance of Mal'Ganis, the Crusade and whatever few remain from the Onslaught are faced with the realization that the unworthy and corrupt succeeded where they could not. Many go insane, others overly hostile. Many more begin to come to their senses.
    People don't know that Arthas died, and the Lich King lives on, as Bolvar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache
    It is written on a statue in Dalaran though!
    Erm...right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavache
    Constructive (Y)

The story about what happened is actually written down at the statue in Dalaran.
    You can see it when you go there.

So people shouldn't come here and tell me that story is a secret!
    I'm pretty sure that's just for the player to know =P

Also, I might as well plant a link the video that made me start thinking about this anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTFN-...eature=channel