Ruby Sanctum - Info Compilation / Preview [Spoiler]
Most of the Ruby Sanctum have been pushed in this patch and it looks like I have enough data in my hands for a small preview. As usual keep in mind that:
- This is only a preview based on game files, I could be wrong on a few things.
- Ruby Sanctum isn't even scheduled for release for Patch 3.3.3, it will be added with Patch 3.3.5 and a LOT of things can change in so much time.
More Details on the instance / Loot Table by Zarhym
Ruby Sanctum Loot
Apparently, these spells will be used on trinkets dropped in the instance. They are only the proc and you should keep in mind that they will have additional stats just like any other trinket.
- Item - Chamber of Aspects 25 Melee Trinket - When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1304 attack power for 15 sec. (Piercing Twilight)
- Item - Chamber of Aspects 25 Heroic Melee Trinket - When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1472 attack power for 15 sec. (Piercing Twilight)
- Item - Chamber of Aspects 25 Nuker Trinket - Your damaging spells have a chance to grant 763 spell power for 15 sec. (Twilight Flames)
- Item - Chamber of Aspects 25 Heroic Nuker Trinket - Your damaging spells have a chance to grant 861 spell power for 15 sec. (Twilight Flames)
- Item - Chamber of Aspects 25 Tank Trinket - Melee attacks which reduce you below 35% health cause you to gain 4401 health for 10 sec. Cannot occur more than once every 30 sec. (Scaly Fortitude)
- Item - Chamber of Aspects 25 Heroic Tank Trinket - Melee attacks which reduce you below 35% health cause you to gain 4968 health for 10 sec. Cannot occur more than once every 30 sec. (Scaly Fortitude)
- Eyes of Twilight - Each time your direct healing spells heal a target you cause the target of your heal to heal themselves and friends within 10 yards for 356 each sec for 6 sec. (Twilight Renewal)
- Eyes of Twilight - Each time your direct healing spells heal a target you cause the target of your heal to heal themselves and friends within 10 yards for 402 each sec for 6 sec. (Twilight Renewal)
Halion Supposed Skills
These abilities are probably used by Halion. There isn't any way to confirm that before Patch 3.3.5 is deployed on live or PTR servers but they seem to be the only skills with hard mode versions. Assuming that you won't be able to activate the heroic mode on the mini-bosses, these skills are most likely used by Halion.
Keep in mind that this is only a theory based on the game files.
Meteor Strike Deals 11310 to 12690 Fire damage. Mark of Consumption Builds Marks of Combustion on an enemy target. When Combustion fades or is dispelled, it creates an explosion and a patch of fire proportional in size to the number of Combustion charges present at the time. Either curse or magic removal may cleanse this affliction. 50000 yds. Instant Combustion Deals 7000 to 9000 Fire damage. Unlimited range. Meteor Strike Deals 75000 to 85000 Fire damage to enemies within 0 yards and spawns a Living Inferno. Dark Breath Inflicts 39375 to 50625 Shadow damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster. 45 yds. 2 sec cast Soul Consumption Engulfs an enemy target in flame, dealing 4000 Shadow damage every 2.0 sec. Every time Soul Consumption deals damage, it generates a Mark of Consumption charge on the target. When Consumption fades or is dispelled, it unleashes a dark explosion proportional to the number of charges present at the time. Either curse or magic removal may cleanse this affliction. Consumption Deals 8750 to 11250 Shadow damage. Unlimited range. Dusk Shroud An aura of twilight energy emanates from the caster, causing nearby enemies to suffer 6000 Shadow damage every 2.0 sec. Corporeality I do not have a lot of details on Corporeality for the moment, but it looks like the % of Corporeality of Halion will vary during the fight. Corporeality increases damage dealt and damage taken apparently, ranging from 20~30% to 200% depending on the version of the buff. I guess it could be used by players as well, especially if Dusk Shroud is running throughout the fight.
Mini-Boss Supposed Skills
The remaining skills only come in two versions most of the time, it means no hard modes and they are most likely the skills used during the fight against the 3 mini bosses. There is no way to link skills to a specific mini-boss and I will just keep them together.
Blazing Aura Surrounded by superheated air, dealing 6938 to 8062 Fire damage to all enemies within x yards, and increasing health and damage of all Living Embers within x yards by 20%. 0 Instant Scorch Scorches an enemy for 11563 to 13437 Fire damage. 30 yds. 1 sec cast Shockwave Sends a wave of force in front of the caster, causing 16200 to 19800 damage and stunning all enemy targets within 15 yards in a frontal cone for 2 sec. 5 yds. Instant Flame Breath Inflicts 33688 to 43312 Fire damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster. 45 yds. 2 sec cast Lava Gout Inflicts 9897 to 11103 Fire damage to an enemy. 40 yds. 2 sec cast Blast Nova Inflicts 6563 to 8437 Fire damage to nearby enemies. 40 yds. 2.5 sec cast
Last but not least, here is a transcript of the dialogue with Xerestrasza of the Red Dragonflight.
- RS_Xerestrasza_Yell01.wav - Help! I am trapped within this tree! I require aid!
- RS_Xerestrasza_Yell02.wav - Thank you! I could have not held out for much longer. A terrible thing has happened here.
- RS_Xerestrasza_Say01.wav - We believed that the Sanctum was well fortified, but we were not prepareted for the nature of this assault.
- RS_Xerestrasza_Say02.wav - The Black Dragonkin materialized from thin air, and set upon us before we could react.
- RS_Xerestrasza_Say03.wav - We did not stand a chance. As my brethren perished around me, I managed to retreat hear and bar the entrance.
- RS_Xerestrasza_Say04.wav - They slaughtered us with cold efficiency, but the true focus of their interest seemed to be the eggs kept here in the sanctum.
- RS_Xerestrasza_Say05.wav - The commander of the forces on the ground here is a cruel brute named Zarithrian. But I fear there are greater powers at work.
- RS_Xerestrasza_Say06.wav - In their initial assault I caught a glimpse of their true leader, a fearsome full-grown Twilight Dragon.
- RS_Xerestrasza_Say07.wav - I know not the extent of their plans heroes, but I know this: they cannot be allowed to succeed!
Halion also has a couple of interesting lines.
- RS_Halion_Aggro01.wav - Your world teeters on the brink of annihilation. You will all bear witness to the coming of a new age of destruction!
- RS_Halion_Beserk01.wav - Not good enough!
- RS_Halion_Death01.wav - Relish this victory mortals, for it will be your last. This world will burn with the Master's return!
- RS_Halion_Phase2.wav - You will find only suffering within the realm of Twilight. Enter if you dare.
- RS_Halion_Phase3.wav - I am the light AND the darkness! Cower mortals before the Herald of Deathwing!
- RS_Halion_Slay01.wav - Another hero falls.
- RS_Halion_Slay02.wav - Ha Ha Ha!
- RS_Halion_Spawn01.wav - Meddlesome insects, you're too late! The Ruby Sanctum is lost.
- RS_Halion_Special01.wav - The heavens burn!
- RS_Halion_Special02.wav - Beware the shadow!
Ruby Sanctum Questline
A couple of quests will be added to the game to introduce the Ruby Sanctum. If you do not know who are the dragons mentioned in the quest descriptions, you might want to check the Dargonax / Sinestra articles on WoWWiki.
Quest - Trouble at Wyrmrest
Objective - Speak with Krasus at Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight.
My old friend Krasus sends word of dire happenings at Wyrmrest, in Dragonblight. His missive was brief, but it seems that there has been some sort of attack on the Ruby Sanctum beneath the Temple.
Pressing business here in Dalaran keeps me from attending to the matter personally, but I have heard word of your exploits in the Lich King's Citadel and you are doubtless up to the task -- perhaps you could assist Krasus in my stead?
Quest - Assault on the Sanctum
Objective - Investigate the Ruby Sanctum beneath Wyrmrest Temple.
, something terrible has transpired within the Ruby Sanctum beneath the Temple. The entry to the Sanctum is in ruins, and its guardians violently slain. We sent scouts to investigate, but they have not returned. I cannot help but fear the worst.
Enter the Ruby Sanctum and discover what has befallen the home of my flight. Once we have more information, we can plan our next steps accordingly.
Quest - The Twilight Destroyer
Objective - Defeat Halion and repel the invasion of the Ruby Sanctum.
Rewards - Emblem of Frost x 5
This was no reckless attack, but rather a carefully orchestrated strike against the heart of the Red Dragonflight. Zarithrian, on the bluff over there, is overseeing the assault, but the true leader of this force is a brash and powerful Twilight dragon named Halion. Not since Dargonax has a full-grown spawn of Sinestra's twisted experiments been seen.
, and then when the invasion has been fully repelled, report to Krasus regarding all you have seen here.