Thread: Ret PvP

Ret PvP

I was going to start doing hardcore arena as Ret and I just had a few quick questions...
    1) Are there any addons needed to do well in arena?
    2) Are there any changes for gemming/enchanting?
    3) Which is the best seal?
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Re: Ret PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin
    I was going to start doing hardcore arena as Ret and I just had a few quick questions...
    My personal opinion is:
    1) Maybe Gladius and some Sacred Shield tracker
    2) in s8 its porbably better when you get pvp gear (1000+ resilience), with pve gemming and enchant - so you dont have to gem resilience
    3) Righteousness + Glyph of Righteousness + 5/5 Seals of the Pure talent

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin
    First off I'm going to say good luck as even pre nerf there was less then a handful of ret paladins in the top 100 teams of each bracket.
    Now to answer your questions for #1 I'd suggest cc tracker. For #2 it depends on your team comp & what bracket you are playing, for 2v2 you will want at least 700 resilience from your gear & will want to try & have the T10 2 set bonus to give ya extra burst, if you are playing 3v3 you can go with or without the set bonus depending on weather or not you want more survivability or burst but for 5v5 you will want a decent amount over 700 resilience because everyone will want to focus on you.
    Now there are also no changes to enchants but there are some to gems dependent on your bracket & comp, If your going for 2v2 or 3v3 you will probably want to go for strength/crit gems whenever you have a yellow or red slot then +10 stats gems & strength/stam gems for the blue slots. This is because allot of our burst depend on crits & no crits = no instant heals for extra survivability but for 5v5 you might want to go for a bit more stam to help keep you alive when focused.

As for seals it all depends on your spec, you can go with a build like http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...B,daYOq-,11623 this will give you maximum survivability & is best suited for a cleave team which is where we tend to do best at the moment. Or you could go with a build more like http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...i,dayOq-,11623 this build can be altered slightly to give you a couple more points in holy for the extra heals from flash and HL but it gives us the most single target burst, however it will still not be near the burst a lock or elemental shaman can put out. This is because we are best suited for backup dps & support with the way current balance is.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

OP: your name is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    OP: your name is spot on.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.