Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Phylactery of the Nameless Lich

Was wondering what everyone's point of view is on the trinket off Sindragosa, Phylactery of the Nameless Lich. I would think it would be better suited for a Shadow Priest or Warlock cause of the "periodic damage" but I have seen a couple top world Mages having it. Thoughts?

Re: Phylactery of the Nameless Lich

With Mages, it only really works if they're Fire. Which, as it stands at the moment, isn't really viable compared to Arcane. However, with the buffs incoming to Fire I wouldn't be surprised to see more Mages going that route.

Its BiS for fire in 3.3.3, so get it if you can!
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

The only reason why top end-game mages would pick up this trinket is because LK HC is a AOE fight, they'll be using a fire spec - and as Phylactery is BiS for fire mages in 3.3.3 it's obvious why'd they pick it up (but I'd be surprised to see a mage getting it before a SPriest or a warlock)

I think only Fire Mages,Spriests, and warlocks should use it egh maybeeeee Ele Shammys

And Boomkins, which brings us to, hey all dps casters (minus arcane and frost)
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

as said

BiS along with DFO for 3.3.3 fire

still not too sure but fire may well be top spec single target come patch time :|
    scary thoughts

not changing from arcane, no way am i going to completely and totally regear (unles it all falls into my lap)... even though i looove fire much more than arcane

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy
    not changing from arcane, no way am i going to completely and totally regear (unles it all falls into my lap)... even though i looove fire much more than arcane
    It hardly takes "regearing." All you need is more hit, which every good mage should already have in the case of no shadow priest. I can hit 377 hit right now. Fire values haste about equally to crit, so it's not that hard to make the swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstraz
    egh maybeeeee Ele Shammys
    you say that with such disgust
    while we only have 1 dot its up 100% of the time (unless you suck badly)
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    It hardly takes "regearing." All you need is more hit, which every good mage should already have in the case of no shadow priest. I can hit 377 hit right now. Fire values haste about equally to crit, so it's not that hard to make the swap.
    any mage with that much hit disgusts me. i have 205 personally, and that's too much.

if you raid without an spriest or boomkin, your guild is literally wasting dps

fire doesn't value haste = crit

haste = spellpower, crit slightly above spellpower

as crit for a fire = more HS's, ignites, etc.

any mage with that much hit disgusts me. i have 205 personally, and that's too much.

You're dumb, and I was very obviously saying I can swap in for 377 hit without real gear ilvl differences. Why? So I can raid as fire. Looks like it paid off to be prepared for Lich King, eh?

People who aren't prepared to run any spec at any time disgust me if they call themselves a serious raider. There's nothing wrong with being mildly over hit cap as long as it's the best setup you have at your disposal.

I just punched a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    You're dumb, and I was very obviously saying I can swap in for 377 hit without real gear ilvl differences. Why? So I can raid as fire. Looks like it paid off to be prepared for Lich King, eh?

People who aren't prepared to run any spec at any time disgust me if they call themselves a serious raider. There's nothing wrong with being mildly over hit cap as long as it's the best setup you have at your disposal.
    wait wait, you are really arguing that you have a set of gear with 377 hit for LK. Just an FYI, FFB is much better for LK over fireball. Mostly because of Icy Veins and the fact that you need 3% less hit to cap which is usualy only 1 piece of gear. The area effect capabilities of FFB are also much higher than fireball with only a slight loss to single target damage.

bottom line is fireball has no use in the game at this point, which may or may not change for 3.3.3 and thus 377 hit rating is pointless.

@op, the trinket is bis for fire right now and will be even better in 3.3.3 however fire is currently ~2k dps behind arcane and the minor changes to fireball aren't going to close that gap completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker
    wait wait, you are really arguing that you have a set of gear with 377 hit for LK. Just an FYI, FFB is much better for LK over fireball. Mostly because of Icy Veins and the fact that you need 3% less hit to cap which is usualy only 1 piece of gear. The area effect capabilities of FFB are also much higher than fireball with only a slight loss to single target damage.

bottom line is fireball has no use in the game at this point, which may or may not change for 3.3.3 and thus 377 hit rating is pointless.

@op, the trinket is bis for fire right now and will be even better in 3.3.3 however fire is currently ~2k dps behind arcane and the minor changes to fireball aren't going to close that gap completely.
    This guy pretty much hit the nail on the head...this trinket may be BiS for fire, but seeing as how even after 3.3.3 Arcane will still be the top dps spec, there's no use in taking it away from SPriests and Locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticker

FFB has no more capability to aoe on LK than fire. Blizzard is the only advantage, and it can't be used on vile spirits. Fireball does more single target damage, I min/max because I'm a raider, not a casual. I had the gear even before I knew I needed it for LK, because I come prepared. Top guild tanks saved block gear for anub heroic, ours didn't, it set us back a little bit. Being prepared doesn't hurt. Also, FFB shares less gear with arcane because it values crit a lot more, so fireball is the better choice.

Prio order. SPriest, Lock, Mage/Elesham.

Fireball is fine. On fester I pull 10-10.5k as arcane and I pulled 9.6k as fire last week. They'll be pretty even once the patch hits I'd say. Get the trinket if you can and roll fire. Pass for SP/Lock and fight with shammies for it.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

I am the only in my guild who got it and i'm an elemental shaman. I think passing it for a warlock or spriest is bullsh*t. Most of the time the trinket procs on the first few ticks of the first flameshock i cast on a boss.
    Maybe a class with more dots has a little bit of more uptime, but this trinket is still BiS for elemental shaman so why should he/she pass for a warlock or spriest? DFO is also best for a warlock apparently so maybe everyone should pass for trinkets that are BiS because another class gets 50 dps more from it, lol. Not game breaking.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6e...?s=1586&e=1801

Uptime of 18,5% on festergut and lana'thel. I think i have around 20% uptime on a fight once iirc.

edit: added log

Do you know how corruption and SW:P work? Good players will prepot before a pull get that trinket to proc and have those dots rolling the entire fight at 1.5k spellpower more. You can't roll flameshock like that.

Edit: Sure it's BiS for you, I know my elesham GM took it. The Warlock and SPriest class leaders in my guild were pretty pissed though. My point is they'll get more mileage out of it (i.e. during movement) you have an instant cast every 3 minutes (less with 2set), they are rolling dots 24/7.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Sadly, you obviously haven't realized that soft refreshing SW:P (as in using Mind Flay) now resets your spellpower value. However, it doesn't reset your crit value nor does it reset any external damage buffs such as sparks on Malygos. So no, SW:P will not tick for more spellpower during the entire fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hole
    Do you know how corruption and SW:P work? Good players will prepot before a pull get that trinket to proc and have those dots rolling the entire fight at 1.5k spellpower more. You can't roll flameshock like that.
    But i can cast my fire elemental when it procs+wild magic pot (when bl). It went up from 1400-1500 dps to 1900 dps. 450 dps.

And no i don't know exactly how corruption and sw work. But this is about uptime not about class mechanics. You can roll corruption and sw with high spellpower with other trinkets/procs too.