Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Charge for Paladins =D

You simple just charge a enemy, deal 1k damage, no stun, no slow, no nothing, just a simple charge whould have been ok, just give them a charge, jump, somthing.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    You do realize even when talented to improve hand of freedom there is still a 19 second down time when they cannot use it right, ontop of that if you stay out of judgment range they cannot regain enough mana to keep using cleanse as it eats up mana very quickly when your getting a ton of magic snares, dots & debuffs on you.
    1v1 Maybe. But with a healer helping dispell and/or possibly another damage dealer slowing or CCing your target, it's almost no time before you get that ranged hammer of justice off and you're popping your wings while sipping your coke with your free hand.

I can tell you from a hunter perspective, 1v1 vs a Ret Paladin in equal gear is like trying to stop yourself from getting hit by a truck while on foot. Dispelling, HoFing, and in the case that they really get outplayed (usually involving jumping up and down terrain), simply DivShielding to close the gap I've seen to be pretty effective, and most rets who've scrapped their way to a few pieces of Relentless gear and a pve weapon can drop someone through their 50%dmg reduction anyway as long as their target can't heal themselves.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

anyway back on topic, I'm done QQing. Just a little scarred >.>
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

2 things that I hate:

A. This idea.
    B. People thinking all paladins would want this idea to happen just because this moron doesn't know how to pull.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rindolor
    1v1 Maybe. But with a healer helping dispell and/or possibly another damage dealer slowing or CCing your target, it's almost no time before you get that ranged hammer of justice off and you're popping your wings while sipping your coke with your free hand.

I can tell you from a hunter perspective, 1v1 vs a Ret Paladin in equal gear is like trying to stop yourself from getting hit by a truck while on foot. Dispelling, HoFing, and in the case that they really get outplayed (usually involving jumping up and down terrain), simply DivShielding to close the gap I've seen to be pretty effective, and most rets who've scrapped their way to a few pieces of Relentless gear and a pve weapon can drop someone through their 50%dmg reduction anyway as long as their target can't heal themselves.
    If you don't like divine shield so much maybe you should start a petition on the blizz forums to have it removed for prot & ret in exchange for basic tools like sprint's, interrupts, & a bit of extra dispel resist for self buffs. I'm sure many of us ret & prot paladins would sign it because 1 goodly spell on a 5 min cd may be nice if your enemy cant kite burst or cc well but if they can it dos not do much for ya at all. As for fighting paladins in arena idk what to tell you, assuming you survival spec & playing the class well with the right talents they should not be much of a problem assuming you have a healer on your team.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Bad troll is bad....

If you aren't a troll then you're stupid. Paladins don't need nor should they get a charge.

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

notthisshitagain.jpg

Some people really need to play a different class, rather than have every ability wrapped up in their favorite toon.

For the sake of argument though, say they gave you your charge. Then they gave the warriors a shield throw, we'll call it "BOOMerang", that can hit up to three targets and silence them as well. Followed by another role balancer for Druids called "Poop Spray" and another for DK's called "Heroic Projectile Vomit Chunks" that all do the exact same thing as Boomerang and Avenger's Shield.

Then after awhile, they realize they've just been heading toward the inevitable, and just create the Manbearpig tanking class that has every ability that used to be unique to DK's, Druid's, Warrior's, and Paladin's. He'll look like a big ugly bear... with a shield... and a pet Ghoul. And it won't matter how bad the other 4 people in his dungeon are, because Manbearpig can tank it, dps it, and heal himself all at the same time.

Oh yeah, and did i mention that Manbearpig can charge?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bandeth
    2 things that I hate:

A. This idea.
    B. People thinking all paladins would want this idea to happen just because this moron doesn't know how to pull.
    Its ret that mainly needs the sprint but both ret and prot need the base line interrupt, as for divine shield & prot it doesn't really need it is already has more survivability then allot of the other tank class/specs. If they got rid of it maybe they could change a deep prot talent to prevent you from taking damage from spells like hand of sacrifice and divine sacrifice when you have divine protection active to compensate.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Ironic you made this thread. After Arena last night I was just QQing how they should just remove a Ret's movement speed increase considering how it is completely impossible to Immobilize/slow/CC them for more than half a second, meanwhile they are just spamming instant attacks while they run bursting harder than an Ele Shaman.

Pallies should be a defensive hybrid or offensive hybrid. Not both :P

PS: Make Paladins immobilized and unable to use offensive abilities while Divine Shield is active! kthxbai!
    Wow, that post was full of idiot. Paladins have one move to remove most snares without constantly eating up mana.

Damage done in Divine Shield is reduced by 50%, and after healing up, a Ret or Prot paladin's mana will be gone.

They then cannot use another defensive ability, due to Forbearance, which most noobs *cough* you in this case *cough* don't seem to know about.

I've seen a GOOD PVP hunter beat many Ret Paladins...but, you know, whatever.

QQ until you can auto-shot them, I guess.

On topic, no. Even if we needed a charge, Warrior tanks would just bitch about they can't pull more than 6k anyway because they don't know how to play. Ironically, they want Consecration, but don't want us to have charge or an interrupt.

Charge we don't need, and I'm against as a unique tanking aspect. An interrupt we absolutely do.

By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Give paladins charge!? O.O As you wern't good enough as it is.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=31863

That would be fairly hot.

This is the reason why Pally players are looked down upon at times. Not all of you of course but ppl like the OP who aren't happy when your class isn't in a good place. While other classes are still broken.

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707
    Idea: [Holy Charge
    Charges the enemy with the speed of light and deals 1000damage.
    30sec cooldown]

Resson: Every tank without Paladin can either charge or pull, so give paladins a charge too =D

Well, i wish Death grip would work on bosses and boss encounters

I dont get it, both ret and holy have been viable in arenas/bgs in every season, why do they need a charge ?

Quote Originally Posted by Somerandomhobo
    I dont get it, both ret and holy have been viable in arenas/bgs in every season, why do they need a charge ?
    They don't.
    I think the OP is just baiting angry replies.

wait... what? Pallys with a charge?
    AV and concicrate is all we need. Adding a charge just seams abit OP for us. At least make it cause a cooldown on AV so you can't use both at the same time. Make it as an option to eather do a multi or single pull.

Uh, aren't hunter notoriously the bane of ret paladins? I mean, if you can kite at all, the paladin won't ever be able to touch you. Trinket out of stuns, just way for them to break repentance. Concussive shot will slow them down, which they can either spam cleanse and lose a lot of mana or hand of freedom which they can't do very often. Aspect of the cheetah goes faster than Pursuit of Justice. Any movement speed enchant to boots or a meta will cut the benefit of pursuit in half. Disengage gives you A LOT of distance...From a paladins perspective, if you are fighting and hunter worth their salt, it's gonna take some work on your part to beat them.

Simple and Sweet.

No.

Reason: Give Pallies Charge. Give Warriors a Bubble. Then Give DKs a Sunder Armor. Then Give Druids a Revenge Proc. See where Im going with this. Charge is something that makes a Warrior a Warrior. Druids have it cause the bear form is ment to be just like a Warrior.

It would be stupid to give two classes that play completely different the same skill. I like the Uniqueness of Charge to Warrior. Coming from a Warrior Pre BC, Pally BC, and Both throughout WOTLK.

TL;DR . No Sorry but No. Used to think that before I realized it was stupid and every class needs a set of uniqueness to them.

Charge for paladins is a horrible idea.
    It doesnt fit the theme.
    It wouldnt help the Paladin class, only make it way OP in some areas, leading it to become nerfed in areas that are otherwise fine now, thus resulting in nobody wanting to bring paladins along due to them now underperforming and Kings being available from Drums.
    Charge is an Iconic ability.. Its not just a mechanic.

Do Not Want!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

This is the most retarded idea ever.