Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Troll Druids and the Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    I hope they are not allowed into it, same with worgens.

When I started this game I was a night elf druid and part of the reason I loved it was the idea that only a tauren or night elf can be a druid. Kindof unique and a special bond night elfs and tauren share.
    This.
    Trolls and dog-men fit into this like shit.
    Also
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Darkspear_trolls_controversy
    cannibal druid FTL - i rather not have em, thank you very much.

A load of crap....as Sunwal..rofl..i can't even say it with a straight face...tauren pala....hahahaha omg that is so retarded.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    This.
    Trolls and dog-men fit into this like shit.
    Also
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Darkspear_trolls_controversy

A load of crap....as Sunwal..rofl..i can't even say it with a straight face...tauren pala....hahahaha omg that is so retarded.
    You think you hate it now, wait until after you get your first Holy Cow stampede through the battlegrounds and any other PvP area

Paladins are already the most overpowered class in the game, and when tauren ret pallies start rolling I can easily see an explosive rise to the amount of Alliance QQ'ing on the forums about how much the Holy Beaf needs to be nerfed.

;D

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    You think you hate it now, wait until after you get your first Holy Cow stampede through the battlegrounds and any other PvP area

Paladins are already the most overpowered class in the game, and when tauren ret pallies start rolling I can easily see an explosive rise to the amount of Alliance QQ'ing on the forums about how much the Holy Beaf needs to be nerfed.

;D
    Tell me about it.
    Love your sig btw ;D

Most Darkspear are not cannibals. The trolls believed to be the druids may in fact be from the Shatterspear Tribe anyway, but in any case they would also be subject to the Horde's views against trolls practicing cannibalism. The trolls most likely to practice cannibalism are very unlikely to also practice druidism (or at least the night elf/tauren form of druidism) and are very unlikely to want to have anything to do with the Cenarion Circle whatsoever.
    Check out The Darkest Blog for weird gaming reviews, oddly self-absorbed wargaming news and disturbingly brutal fiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Heljak
    Most Darkspear are not cannibals. The trolls believed to be the druids may in fact be from the Shatterspear Tribe anyway, but in any case they would also be subject to the Horde's views against trolls practicing cannibalism. The trolls most likely to practice cannibalism are very unlikely to also practice druidism (or at least the night elf/tauren form of druidism) and are very unlikely to want to have anything to do with the Cenarion Circle whatsoever.
    Well said.

Draenei and Broken were allowed in to the Earthen Ring, seems only fair that trolls are allowed in the CC.

They'll get in, after all Draenei are part of the Earthen Ring and if any two races have a very fresh and specific reason to hate one another it would be the Orcs and Draenei.

They already have Tauren members of the Argent Crusade, that's even pretty much the specific place where the Taurent learn of "the light" and focus their faith. "The Light" is like a unitarian version of Christianity or more like Buddhism, where all things "good" are simply an aspect of "the light" much as all gods are part of an aspect of Buddha.

Anyway, they'll have Trolls and Worgen in the Cenarion Circle, chances are the circle will even be renamed. The thing to remember is that the druids are united by the emerald dream and their desire to influence the earth to become the paradise it is in the dream.

So if they all embrace the teachings of the dream then they will join for that common cause and be rather bi-partisan about it.

Also remember that Malfurion isn't a polarizing figure, that's his wife/gf Tyrande. Tyrande hates everyone and has become rather cynical being awake all these years. Malfurion is rather naive from living in the emerald dream for so long and as such is very forgiving and inclusive. He'll take anyone and always believe in good from any race up to - and probably including - the demonic races.

Cenarion Circle refers to the style of druidism they practice. If Worgens and Trolls practice a Cenarion style of druidism, that is to say the same style that taurens and night elves do, then they will be admitted to the Circle. Malfurion would have the final say on such a decision anyway, and he has shown himself to be far more open minded than most.
    Check out The Darkest Blog for weird gaming reviews, oddly self-absorbed wargaming news and disturbingly brutal fiction!

We already made a mistake by allowing Cows to enter the Cenarion Circle!
    Let's not repeat that mistake please. No Worgen and Trolls in the Cenarion Circle!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher
    Let's not repeat that mistake please. No Worgen and Trolls in the Cenarion Circle!
    /sign

Why would Malfurion or the Cenarion Circle turn down disciples earnestly dedicated to the balance of nature or principles of druidism? The concerns of nature are above these petty squabbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc
    Why would Malfurion or the Cenarion Circle turn down disciples earnestly dedicated to the balance of nature or principles of druidism? The concerns of nature are above these petty squabbles.
    Because it's the Cenarion Circle, not the Druid Circle

They'll be allowed into Moonglade, of course, but as for actual NPC members, I hope not
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc
    I seriously doubt trolls care much about "druidism" - they chop wood in ashenvale next to their green monkeys friends. And with goblins add 1 more deforesting race to the soup.

I seriously doubt trolls care much about "druidism" - they chop wood in ashenvale next to their green monkeys friends. And with goblins add 1 more deforesting race to the soup.
    As do tauren. And the Cataclysm preview pics have tauren and orcs standing side by side firing catapults in Ashenvale. And as can be seen with the development of the tauren paladins, more and more races are realizing that night elves do not nor should not have a monopoly on what it means to be a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah

They'll be allowed into Moonglade, of course, but as for actual NPC members, I hope not
    We shall see.

Just a tiny note, the current night elf and tauren player druids, are not members of the cenarion circle either. They are friendly with the faction, but are not members. Now will there be npc worgen and troll cenarion circle members, not sure there.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Trolls within the circle sounds like a good plan.
    Trolls are already very powerful shape shifters and with there loa's the can help the
    cenarion circle a lot. In some cases the know even more then most druids do.
    I can see night elfs asking troll druid like person for help and offer them to join the cenarion circle

The worgen have a feeling for shape shifting unlike the other races, mostly because the are the most beastly race.
    The know the anger of a bear and how to rip your enemy apart with your claws, the dont need to practice that.
    The elfs know that worgen try to depress this feeling and succeed, plz tell the bears and wolfs and all other animals to do the same
    That means a huge step in there quest to create a perfect paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Rusher
    We? What's this 'we' thing? You are hardly a qualified voice for the Cenarion Circle, yet you make a mistake in thinking you have any say in it whatsoever.

Alliance does not equal Cenarion Circle. :

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah

Maybe. Maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see. If they don't, oh well, but if they do, try to keep your protesting QQ's to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep
    Just a tiny note, the current night elf and tauren player druids, are not members of the cenarion circle either. They are friendly with the faction, but are not members. Now will there be npc worgen and troll cenarion circle members, not sure there.
    It probably depends mostly on Malfurion and what he thinks. He's the one who brought the tauren into the fold to begin with, yes? Since the worgen seem to be friendly with the night elves I don't see how they would be left out. Trolls might be a challenge, but with support by Runetotem it probably could happen.

Now that's generalizing!
    I would think that Malfurion would like all as many Druids aiding them as possible and not even just Druids.
    The Druid with true motives should be putting their Alliance/Horde/racial discrimination aside
    and let the rest of the Horde/Alliance deal with that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

10+ Year Old Account

You really do hate the Horde, don't you?
    And who says that Trolls "Druidism" is going to be anything like the Night Elves or Taurens? It might be tied into Loa

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    Maybe. Maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see. If they don't, oh well, but if they do, try to keep your protesting QQ's to a minimum.
    We'll get picket signs and march in the streets!
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.