Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: HC trash as shadow

3 or less mobs -> multidot + single target
    more than 3 -> random VT + mindsear

And for everyone who says that SP sucks in Heroic, you should try to play with decent SP, or try to learn to play if you are a SP.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland
    To 99% of the WoW community, hc acctually is heroic.
    I've never seen anyone on any of my servers (or cross-realm dungeons) ever use "hc" for heroic.

87.343% of statistics are made up on the spot. Over-assuming things. Etc, etc, etc.

And yeah, sadly there's very little to do in most heroics as a Shadow Priest nowadays as the more DPS everyone else does, your maximum DPS drops that much more due to everything dying before you can get a single spell off. I've had some groups kill packs of less than 3 so quickly I've barely had time to Vampiric Touch a single mob.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GAfo
    3 or less mobs -> multidot + single target
    more than 3 -> random VT + mindsear
    This is right.

And for everyone who says that SP sucks in Heroic, you should try to play with decent SP, or try to learn to play if you are a SP.
    Thank you, I can play better than 95% of SPs, but I still think that SP sucks in heroics. At least in most heroics. That's a solid fact. It's because SP has some of the least burst in the game. The moderately good mind sear doesn't help a lot unless the tank chainpulls 2-3 packs together. Most HC packs are 2-4 mobs in size and die in a blink. MS is basically useless under 4 mobs.
    I do 3.5-4K overall DPS in classic LK heroics, but easily 4.8-5.7K in new ICC ones. (I'm barely raiding so I'm badge geared) That's because the dots have time to tick in the new ones. I think that proves that SP sucks in heroics. At least in old ones, where stuff dies too fast.

i consider myself rather 'decent' and trust me, when you run a heroic with a cleave-machine group your dps isn't that flashy

I often play with cleave groups, rogues/war/ensham, and while i may do lower dps than i could, it's still pretty easy to reach a 5k average on trash wich is not an awesome number, but still more than enough to top the meter at the end of the run (wich is useless, but that's what we are talking about).

Surely i'm better geared than you zka, and the 4pc bonus of t10 helps hell of a lot burstwise but i never end up with less than 5k average on the whole run in an heroic, with peaks of 8+k on bossfights and i consider it a good number.

I agree that the pure DPS is sometimes lower than the occasional warrior or retri pala, but those are the only classes with a better aoe burst, the rest always fall behind my multidotting.

EDIT:
    Aiming for a 7-8k overall dps is purely insane with every class unless you run with people geared with scraps, if you can reach 4-5k you are most likely topping the meter nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland
    To 99% of the WoW community, hc acctually is heroic.
    I know it acctually means hardcore, but when what, 8? 9? million people use the same term for the same thing, even though it's not what it originally means, it's ok to say it... And I've never seen "LFM h nexus", always "LFM HC Nexus"... HeroiC works fine.
    I've played on four different servers and I've never seen anyone use HC in-game. I think it just depends on where you play.

OT: I'm somewhat lazy with AoE trash in heroics. I usually VT my first target and spam MS on different targets on any group more than 2. Not the highest damage or best way to do it, but usually there are people in the group with better AoE and things will die before I can do much else.

Deleted

I went ICC25 yesterday with my shadow priest for the first time. I reached 25k dps on the trash pack before Lady Deathwhisper. (the tanks pulled all mobs there together) i was second to one other shadow priest wich did 28k. The third in dps was a hunter with around 18k.

^^ just Mind Searing FTW

I was like WTF.

Single target dps still stuck around 6-7k. Need moar looootz

Edit: Just read OP better On the first trash packs before lord marrowgar, wich are 4-5 mostly i get around 12-15k.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IvoryDragon
    I've played on four different servers and I've never seen anyone use HC in-game. I think it just depends on where you play.
    Dunno. On german servers at least I see it used every single day. And I usually cringe a little when I read it. HC is not a abbreviation of HeroiC. It's an abbreviation of HardCore, from the Diablo II days. And that really was hardcore.

I just call it Hero for short.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Americans use H, Europeans HC, just use search to confirm that.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shue
    Started playing my SP after long break (last played in tbc). Started hc farming for some gear. Single target priorition is fine, but I was wondering what do you fellow SP's do in trash packs in hc's. I mean the packs with like 3 or less mobs and usually now they die fast so not worth dottin. In tbc mobs didnt die so fast so almost always multidottin did the job but now what? Share your stuff that what you usually do and I will appriciate it.
    mind blast -> devouring plague -> shadow: Death -> mind flay....

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I just call it Hero for short.
    I just call it Heroi for short.

And back to topic.

With disc offspec and holy nova glyph I just lol while I spam holy nova and beat the scrubs on dps.

But that's not on topic since this is about Heroic dungeon trash as SHADOW.

I really wouldn't worry about DPS on trash mobs. It's only trash. If you care about the e-peen enough, just wait until the bosses (i.e. once you run into an enemy that lasts more than say, 10 seconds). I've found it's enough to silence anyone who complains about DPS during the trash mobs.

EDIT: But if you really insist on trying to top out on trash mobs, Mind Sear on mobs of 4+, everything else MB+MF. Trash doesn't stay up long enough to set up your DOTs (or to this point, not even enough to multi-dot IMO), unless you're in ICC or doing the mobs before Eadric/Confessor in ToC.

So here we are lovers of lost dimensions
    Itsuka hi no kaze ni noote haruka tooi
    Burning supernovas, of all sound and sight
    Hayaka no koto e
    Every touch, a temptation
    Itsuku sora hitotsu michimono hi Wataateyukeyu
    And for every sense, a sensation
    Hanateta koto e

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie
    Do you group a favor and que as a healer.
    Dps when u can, but shadow priests suck for small groups.
    Every post I've ever seen you post you are downing on shadow priests... go back to your healing threads or something, troll is troll. We are fine in small groups, and especially when trying to make it a super fast 5 man with no stops between pulls the VE and replen are nice additions.
    As far as trash, if more than 3 mobs I SWP a mob and MS it. Otherwise VT each, throw in some MBs and MFs. It's honestly whatever you feel comfortable with.

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law