Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So, another ArP question thread.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=G%C3%B6dshot

Thats me...
    Umm, so i have trouble with female dwarf and i've tried to use it...
    tried to research about ArP and things but yeah i'm not lookin' in the right places apparently i'm not gettin it...

Please don't tell me to look at femaledwarf or anything...

I just need to know when should i gem for ArP

I don't really care what you call me, you can even call me cold...

10+ Year Old Account

Re: So, another ArP question thread.

About 800-900 rating passive from gear. Then you should be good to gem for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

see, thats what half of what i'm seeing seems to say...

But then others say that when i DO gem arp it should add to about 800, so have about 500 before geming arp

this.

kay thnx.

Personally, I'd go for the ArP soft cap in your case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Godshot
    see, thats what half of what i'm seeing seems to say...

But then others say that when i DO gem arp it should add to about 800, so have about 500 before geming arp
    Ok gemming at 500 to 800 (softcap) or gemming at 800 to 1400 (hardcap) are two different things. Gemming to the softcap, +/- 800, depends on what proc trinket you have. Things like grimtol or needle encrusted scorpion will "proc" a certain amount of ArP and when it does proc you want to hit 1400 ArP but not exceed it since 1400 is the hardcap. Gemming to the hardcap of 1400 is done with out a "proc" trinket but instead gear that stacks ArP and a trinket like Deathbringer's Will. Personally I have made the switch to gem ArP along with ArP food and elixir. Plenty of ppl will tell you this is not the right thing to do but I did take the time on femaledwarf and go all ArP was a DPS boost for me and I did see that boost in ICC. Now gemming for the hardcap of 1400 is extremly gear dependent, I am all ilvl 251+ and the few pieces I do have with out ArP have much needed Hit, the lone exception being my whispering fanged skull. I have 789 ArP off gear alone, that's just below the point where other ppl recommend gemming for ArP but again the numbers on femaledwarf showed it was better and I've seen the result for myself. Only reason I am below the 800 base ArP mark is because of my bow but base DPS has a value of 9 per point compared to ArP at a value of 4 per point, again that's coming from femaledwarf.

Since you cant use that site for yourself just remember, the ArP hardcap is 1400 which is 100% Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. Things like Faerie Fire and Sunder Armor help with dps but the lower the total amount of hit and have nothing to do with the percentage you over come with ArP. If a boss has 10000 armor and Faerie Fire reduces that armor by 5% the boss now has 9500 armor, AFTER that is applied then your ArP comes into play. You are now reducing x% of 9500 armor, the 5% from Faerie Fire does not "stack" with your ArP. Again, dont let anyone tell you otherwise, they're wrong. With going for either the hardcap or the softcap never go over that 1400 ArP because anything more is a complete waste.

With your current gear, when your trinket procs you are hitting 1168 ArP, it's not bad but you definetly want more ArP on your gear. I am at 1149 ArP with gear and gems but again I use the ArP food and elixir when I raid giving me even more. The biggest gear suggestion I can make is get yourself the legs of 25 Deathwhisper "Leggings of Northern Lights" and get the t10 Helm. That's another 86 ArP right there and the t10 legs you have now have haste on them, haste is the lowest priority stat for both MM and Surv hunters. After that, look for the bracers from 25m Gunship, the belt from 25 Festergut and the polearm from 10m Princesses, those are all items I have btw so be sure to look at my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...52&cn=Organoth
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

You da man Organoth, really appreciated.

You da man Organoth, really appreciated.
    get rid of that haste trinket i might add, if you can, get your hands on DV then buy if possible DMC, they are both a hell of a lot better than the haste trinket

Yeah i hate my trinks, but its that or mirror...

Quote Originally Posted by Xianda
    get rid of that haste trinket i might add, if you can, get your hands on DV then buy if possible DMC, they are both a hell of a lot better than the haste trinket
    I haven't checked his armory, but outside of raid drops the Herkuml WT from frost badges is the best he can get. It's better than DMC and slightly worse than 251 WFS.

Edit:
    Using mirror now? Use War Token if you have it, it beats mirror.

The weird thing is, on dummie mirror is showing better results... Being that hunters dps can flux from RNG it was almost ALWAYS better... i'm dumbfounded. i sold back Herkuml because i only just got it today then logged, sold back so i can make a better decision from some feedback here.

Yeah I didnt even touch the trinkets cause they can be tough to get unless u are in a regular run. Even with haste on it the badge trinket is still better then Mirror but you can get conflitcting numbers testing on dummies. Whispering Fanged Skull is not hard to get because even if u have to pug it, downing Lady in 10 ICC is a joke. While I can't promise you'll see the same results as me, personally I have seen it drop fairly often in all my runs, often enough that it's getting sharded in the 3 seperate 10 man groups my guild runs. It's better then Death's Choice (Death's Verdict for you) and you got a better chance at getting WFS anyways.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

The weird thing is, on dummie mirror is showing better results... Being that hunters dps can flux from RNG it was almost ALWAYS better... i'm dumbfounded. i sold back Herkuml because i only just got it today then logged, sold back so i can make a better decision from some feedback here.
    How long did you spend on the target dummy? HMT is a static DPS increase, mirror has a proc that gets less valuable the longer you fight. Also, the shorter the time you spend, the more RNG factors in. If you want to judge the value of each in real time, you should spent a long time on the dummy, so that the AP proc from mirror doesn't get overvalued.

i just go until i'm oom icey.

And i do 10m and 25m icc every week, only seen zod twice...trinkets never, bone bow never..

Couple more things for u...

Are u the MM hunter for ur guild runs? If so take points out of Improved Barrage and put them into Improved Hunters Mark. One hunter should be spec'd into it since you will all benefit from it. (side note, blizz needs to make it so ppl not spec'd into it can't over ride the mark of someone who is, like it used to be). back on topic are u using ur cool downs correctly on your dummy tests? Pop Rapid Fire part way into your test like at 90% mana since it helps recover mana for you. Hit readiness and pop it again at about 50% mana. This will give you a longer fight against the dummy before your run out of mana and will be a better test of your base dps. Doing this I can go for about two and a half minutes before I am OOM. Dont just pop all your CD's at once trying to boost ur dps like during Lust (heroism for you). You are trying to test you base dps over time, so also dont use things like flasks or other buffs. This will let u see what ur dps is like based only on your gear. U could also get a friend to give you BoW or something just to extend how long the fight lasts until your run out of mana.

Edit:
    Review your pets talent tree too. Cobra Reflexes and Dash are a waste and Reflxes is a damage loss (i learned that the hard way myself). Just put the points into the stam talent, help keep ur pet alive since he is a +2% damage bonus for u. Also looks like ur wolf is one point short and it needs to be put into Wild Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth

Review your pets talent tree too. Cobra Reflexes and Dash are a waste and Reflxes is a damage loss (i learned that the hard way myself).
    You would be incorrect on both of these points.

I don't use any cooldowns during dummie tests.

also not sure about my pet thing being wrong yo

I don't use any cooldowns during dummie tests.

also not sure about my pet thing being wrong yo
    Mirror of truth is a cooldown you can't NOT use.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegboy

this.
    Actually rawr and female dwarf showed it to be a decent dps increase to regem at 530 passive, about 970 with regemming and food now.