Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arena, help us not suck please!!

Okay so I'm in a 2v2 team, and everyone says you suck if you cant get atleast 2000 rating well I'm partnered up with a rogue(I'm a healadin), and we can't get past 1500.We both know our classes and seem to be doing everything right. Both easily geared enough:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Yggdrasil

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...onar&cn=Gravex
    (sorry, he's in pve gear atm hopefully that'll change.But he's the same geared as me basically)

So really I just want tips or any advice I can get for how to play right and get higher.We both know what to do and how to do it, just trying to find out what we are doing wrong, so any tips are welcome.Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    "Can you handle the Paperwork please?"
    "The only escape is death..."
    "Umm, ok, but would you mind? It's not much, really."
    "Stick Around!"
    "I'd love to, but i've gotta get back to the meeting"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!
    *Marrowgar knocks the paperwork off the desk in rage*

Re: Arena, help us not suck please!!

don't fuck up the rogues kidney dr with hammer
    get good enchants and sockets. 63 sp on weapon and straight int is not BiS for pvp paladin. mix it up with spell power.
    play offensively. rogue and pala aren't the perfect match, but can work. more input more output
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

pay to get carried by mage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnIGEzvTiw
    MINE

either your battlegroup is suuuuuuper hard or you're not "doing everything right" ...with that amount of gear, you should be a lot higher...with not much effort... anyway, with a rogue, you need to be offensive.... as a pally, that's kinda hard, as you're the most defensive healer :\ dunno what to tell you, really.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

If possible:
    reroll priest/mage/lock
    or
    go ret

If those aren't realistic, at least have your rogue respec to 44/2/25. The old 41/5/25 is way to outdated to be effective.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...20000000000000

Wound poison main hand, deadly poison offhand
    Glyphs: Mutilate, Vigor, Sprint/Prep
    If he wants, the points in Serrated Blades can be exchanged for Initiative or Setup, and the points in find weakness can be used for 2/3 deadened nerves or 3/3 focused attacks and 4/5 imp poisons.

I don't play a holy pally so I can't really help there.

Good luck

how to be offensive:
    - always play with http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20164, and keep melee hitting a target, it can actually make a difference in a game, because you are interrupting a heal
    - use stun as often as possible (watch the DR's and insigina cooldowns (ie, stun right after it has been used)
    - make sure you know that you have the best mana regen of any healer with seal of wisdom and meleeing a pet or something. therefore you can:
    -spam dispell your partner when nothign is happening (for dks, works great against destro locks, and other classes)
    -use your dmg abilities on cooldown., even concetration taunt, and fear undead,
    -fake cast often. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but most of all make sure your partner doesn't die. it is more important, and easier, to improve your healing/survivability than to improve your offensiveness.

now for gear:
    try a different specc, without imp BoW, and taking Imp Rightous fury.
    get the libram with frost badges
    use a different meta gem: 25 sp + chance to get mana on cast
    enchant cloak: 23 haste instead of 15
    enchant chest: 10 stats instead of 10 mp5
    enchant boots: at least get the 12 hit/12 crit enchant if you keep that speed meta gem, but you should go for tuskar's vitality(speed)
    I wouldn't gem int, but since you have been playing this comp, and I haven't, maybe you actually need more mana to regen better, I wouldn't know. but most holy pallies go for sp/int 50/50, and for blue=stam
    OMG you have 0 hit!! wtf is this! just because you are a paladin doesn't mean you have to be THAT defensive. I'm at 4.1% and I very frequently see misses on stuns, that would have made my mate get the kill.

oh and another mistake you might have made, don't upgrade to relentless. go for wrathful set pieces right away.
    (ie, it's better to have Relentless-furious-furious-wrathful) than to have 4x relentless

in conclusion: ask holy pallies of your choice, for any tricks they can give you, ask them casually on vent/skype though, and watch some videos

Quote Originally Posted by supazio
    If possible:
    reroll priest/mage/lock
    or
    go ret

If those aren't realistic, at least have your rogue respec to 44/2/25. The old 41/5/25 is way to outdated to be effective.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...20000000000000

Wound poison main hand, deadly poison offhand
    Glyphs: Mutilate, Vigor, Sprint/Prep
    If he wants, the points in Serrated Blades can be exchanged for Initiative or Setup, and the points in find weakness can be used for 2/3 deadened nerves or 3/3 focused attacks and 4/5 imp poisons.

I don't play a holy pally so I can't really help there.

Good luck
    especially with a defensive holy paladin I'd go for a super offensive spec as a rogue. 44/4/23 and 3 points initiative for maximum burst and garrote gibs.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke
    how to be offensive:
    - always play with http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20164, and keep melee hitting a target, it can actually make a difference in a game, because you are interrupting a heal
    - use stun as often as possible (watch the DR's and insigina cooldowns (ie, stun right after it has been used)
    - make sure you know that you have the best mana regen of any healer with seal of wisdom and meleeing a pet or something. therefore you can:
    -spam dispell your partner when nothign is happening (for dks, works great against destro locks, and other classes)
    -use your dmg abilities on cooldown., even concetration taunt, and fear undead,
    -fake cast often. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but most of all make sure your partner doesn't die. it is more important, and easier, to improve your healing/survivability than to improve your offensiveness.

now for gear:
    try a different specc, without imp BoW, and taking Imp Rightous fury.
    get the libram with frost badges
    use a different meta gem: 25 sp + chance to get mana on cast
    enchant cloak: 23 haste instead of 15
    enchant chest: 10 stats instead of 10 mp5
    enchant boots: at least get the 12 hit/12 crit enchant if you keep that speed meta gem, but you should go for tuskar's vitality(speed)
    I wouldn't gem int, but since you have been playing this comp, and I haven't, maybe you actually need more mana to regen better, I wouldn't know. but most holy pallies go for sp/int 50/50, and for blue=stam
    OMG you have 0 hit!! wtf is this! just because you are a paladin doesn't mean you have to be THAT defensive. I'm at 4.1% and I very frequently see misses on stuns, that would have made my mate get the kill.

oh and another mistake you might have made, don't upgrade to relentless. go for wrathful set pieces right away.
    (ie, it's better to have Relentless-furious-furious-wrathful) than to have 4x relentless

in conclusion: ask holy pallies of your choice, for any tricks they can give you, ask them casually on vent/skype though, and watch some videos
    I've gemmed full intellect because running out mana causes alot of losses for us, mainly against resto druids.

Never heard of using hit, should I gem hit rating?? How else could I get it with full pvp gear?

Okay, I'll get the meta gem changes and Tuskar's vitality enchant immediately.
    And I already got the seals and hitting them stuff down, but you say I need to be more offensive, should I make my spec more offensive too somehow?And if so, how should I?
    "Stick Around!"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!

Double post but since it's not relating to the above paladin stuff,
    Thanks for all the rogue spec advice.
    How should my rogue partner be gemming and chanting?
    "Stick Around!"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!

Healers need hit so that their offensive stuns etc don't miss.

Also you can get hit from pvp gear. SP+Hit neck, SP+Hit cape, Relentless Ring. Don't gem for hit.

So hit rating is more important than mp5?
    "Stick Around!"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!

You want around 158 hit rating. A missed HoJ = GG

wow i need to play on my rogue again i didn't realize deadly poison/envenom was the rogue mut pvp spec (feels behind on the times)

"Stick Around!"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawshik7
    First, ignore all the advice about hit. If you look at Enlightened Judgements You have the 4% spellhit you need.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...j,S8JO-e,11623

Thats the spec I use for twos. Depending on who I'm with, I might use seal of light instead of seal of wisdom.

Are all those resistance talents necessary even for the loss of intellect and spell power?
    "Stick Around!"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawshik7
    Are all those resistance talents necessary even for the loss of intellect and spell power?
    Intellect isn't too important, as you won't run out of mana, and its a very very small loss of spellpower, where as having 15% more uptime in a game is worth far more than the int//spellpower lost.

Also, sacred cleansing is one of the most overpowered//important talents in the tree.

Okay so now we've taken your advice,and changed up our specs. And obviously we've progressed and hit over 1550, which is a big achievement for us. Now, is there anything else we may need to know that would help us get even higher? Should I or he gem/chant any differently? Any more strategy tips?
    "Stick Around!"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!

Experience? =P The more you play the more time you have to work out strategies and to improve as a player.

Obviously Shamanz, you haven't seen how far I am on gear. Go away.
    "Stick Around!"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!