Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: The best 1v1 classes (Personal player skill)

rogues and paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr
    If you want to prove Personal player skills, roll a warlock and fight(win?) against warriors and rogues!
    THIS

Ummmmm Yeah you are talking about 1v1 in a game of rock paper scissors (mushroom).
    That's what bad players say.
    Ofc being scissors it's easier to qq and wait for the paper to cover the rock for you. But wow has a much more flexible balance in 1v1 than lets say lineage2 (which has rock-paper-scissors balance at it's worst). In wow you can actually kill opponents in 1v1 that have advantages over you, and that, my friend, is what people call skill.

No. Warriors are easy as destro, as are rogues. Affliction I haven't duelled much, but should also beat warriors and maybe rogues withut too much trouble.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

1-) healers / hybrid healers ( balance drus nowadays , we got a famous dru on our server nobody can win him in duels his got 32 k hp )
    2-) mages
    3-) Unholy dks

I Dont Read the signature rules

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    No. Warriors are easy as destro, as are rogues. Affliction I haven't duelled much, but should also beat warriors and maybe rogues withut too much trouble.
    Missing the point here, he's saying "If you want to show true skill, it won't matter what class you're playing because you'll beat everybody, even against your counters".

Frost mages or retadins. Dk's aren't to bad either.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

the best class in 1vs1 even 1vs2 is ALWAYS rogues
    why>they can choose their target/s,can start and leave the battle whenever they want,invisible and first opener e.t.c
    >a good geared rogue with a player who knows what he/she is doing beat all classes,
    this is world of gearcraft and how skilled you are doesnt matter,as long as you dont have decent gear to fight, you will always lose > (in pvp you ae dead meat ,in PvE no 1 wanna get you )

YOU PLAY WITH stuffs that are given to you,thats all
    dont forget the PROC either.

10+ Year Old Account

I would rather fight a frost mage ten times/would i have the choice/ than a warr. Rogues are 50/50... Bad ones - you faceroll(they don't count), really good ones - you're stunned till you die(they don't count either). Equal skill(equal gear obviouslly) it's a matter of timing everything just right, you literally have less than a second to DC a CoS or you're dead.
    But my point was:

Quote Originally Posted by dingobongo
    If you want to show true skill, it won't matter what class you're playing because you'll beat everybody, even against your counters.
    And sadly No! Warriors are far from easy. And rogues are not as easy as you make it sound! For a warlock atleast...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Yeah, warriors and rogues are easy kills as destro... but both are much harder as aff... With my 1k res 26.7k hp I dueled a rogue earlier this week who got me below 50% during CHEAP SHOT!, I don't see much I can do about that....

My vote goes towards disc priests tho.... don't they counter everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr
    And sadly No! Warriors are far from easy. And rogues are not as easy as you make it sound! For a warlock atleast...
    But thats exactly it. It doesn't matter if you are skilled, there are some things you just can't beat anyway (for example even a skilled warlock won't beat a decent warrior/rogue). Because this game isn't dependant on skill. Its just about classes and counters. If you make a warrior, you will beat warlocks with minimal effort. Thats because the game lets you, no skill involved there.

"1v1" and "skill" don't belong in the same sentence.

Playing a class that has very few counters (mage) doesn't make you skilled.
    Just as playing a class with many counters doesn't make you a bad player.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    ret pallys cant do shit against any good kiter or priest/prot warrior. Disc priests are very hard to kill. manaburn us. we can only do autoswings. Divine plea disspelled. mass disspell bubble, GG
    l2crusader strike, l2divine storm, l2judgement for 8k on 1000 resilience targets....
    l2stun with proper timing...

"only" autoswings, you still have seal on...

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback
    Yeah, warriors and rogues are easy kills as destro... but both are much harder as aff... With my 1k res 26.7k hp I dueled a rogue earlier this week who got me below 50% during CHEAP SHOT!, I don't see much I can do about that....
    I call bullshit.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Disc Priests when played well can destroy almost all classes.

A Fire mage is also very, very VERY powerful when played right.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka
    l2crusader strike, l2divine storm, l2judgement for 8k on 1000 resilience targets....
    l2stun with proper timing...

"only" autoswings, you still have seal on...

Bolded for bullshit.

And i wont even comment on your last sentence...

Quote Originally Posted by Lexoid
    That's what bad players say.
    Ofc being scissors it's easier to qq and wait for the paper to cover the rock for you. But wow has a much more flexible balance in 1v1 than lets say lineage2 (which has rock-paper-scissors balance at it's worst). In wow you can actually kill opponents in 1v1 that have advantages over you, and that, my friend, is what people call skill.
    being more skilled then your counter does not make the game balanced. you take evenly geared/skill class players and it will always play out rock paper scissors. Where it still may be flexible to the point where 1 class can beat another is gear and how well each player knows their class. I don't think its necessarily a massive skill thing b/c if you're equal gear and you have Class a vs Class b and class b is its counter. Class be can be pretty substantially lower in skill and still beat class A.

Also no need to flame when i throw out a comment about the game being rock paper scissors, when blizzard specifically has said multiple times they didn't design the game to be 1v1 balanced-i.e. its not

Quote Originally Posted by Luminant
    Frost Mage.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by FloppyD
    <aybe you should stop being bad then. Dont use voidwalker because that is retarded. Honestly. Succy is the only way to beat a good rogue. Soon as he garrotes or cheapshots you fucking seduce him, pop elements on him, get further away, re-seduce, cast imolate, shadowfury, chaosbolt, conflag, incinerate. And get good position for when you tele. Its not hard to beat a god dam rogue as a warlock.
    Maybe you should try actually reading a post before you reply to it.... I said rogues were easy kills as destro, where yes, you use seduce. But as aff, you don't wanna use seduce since it shares DR with fear/howl + seduce breaks on damage (would be "retarded" to use with dots), fel hunter is useless, so yeah, void is the best choice vs a rogue as aff. since it absorbs like 8300 damage untalented. Gotta love all the trolls on these forums

FLAME ON

I call bullshit.

Y would I bullshit about getting my ass handed to me? lol, if I was gonna bullshit I would be the one who won... =P

because there is no way a rogue will knock down 13k hp on 1000 res in 4 seconds UNLESS he gets a 5stack of dp AND uses cold blood... and even then I don't thin it would be that much damage.