Thread: ICC ready

ICC ready

Hi all

Previous week my guild did a ICC run with a lot of undergeared players. Although we were really undergeared we managed to down marrow. I was off tank. Second boss we wiped and didn't get him off his mana shield.
    This week we had more trouble then previous week because I was needed to heal. Our new off tank was really bad. But still after 3 wipes we downed marrow again. But second boss we still couldn't kill.

So for next week I will proberly tanking again, since our guild lacks tanks and especially good ones :P.
    But My gear is still bad. I could use some tips and gearadvice. Because I still cant get past the 33k hp mark.

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ls+of+menethil
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: ICC ready

There are a few changes you can make to increase your HP.

Enchants:
    Shoulders should be the PvP enchant (10k honor) or 150g Link
    Cloak should be steelweave that gives you defense, so you can drop some of those def gems Link
    I believe 275 HP on chest is better than 18 stam Link
    Enchant your bracers with at least 6 stats if you don't want to spend the money on 40 stam
    Enchant your shield with 18 stam
    Change the gem in your gloves to stam
    Change the gem in your belt to stam
    Use the epic leg armor with 55 stam
    There is a 22 stam boot enchant and another really good one Link Link 2
    Change all your gems to epic quality and level blacksmithing to the appropriate level to socket your gloves and bracers to put stam gems there.

That would be a decent HP increase, should help your group :P

Yeah idd that would be a 2k health increase :P.
    Do need to collect the money for it.
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

First of all, your spec isn't even correct. Why would you use a glyph that reduces the mana cost of one of your abilities when you are more or less running with unlimited mana? You only need 1 point in spiritual attunement. Use this spec, or you can put the points from Divine Sacrifice into Reckoning.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0t...Iufdxf0dbc:pNG

Regarding your gear, enchant more of it. Also, switch as many of your gems to stamina as your defense will allow.
    Armory available upon request, but here is a small preview:
    It is better than yours.

bad enchant & gem choice, simple enough. Look on elitistjerks.com if you want detailed reasons on why you should use what.

For some reason armory isnt working..

But some general advice:
    Grab all the triumph badge loot you can, run toc25 each week.
    With badge loot and maybe a few items from there, you can easily hit 37k un buffed.
    Run your heroic daily as well, do VoA 10 / 25. With some luck you'll get 264 from VoA.
    Use frost badges to buy the tank trinket, then belt, then helm.
    Get the crafted tank boots if you have the gold to buy saronite.
    Use the epic stam gems in every socket except for 1. ( usually the helm with a red socket, use agi/stam)

Hope this helps, good luck.

-change your trinkets, they're awful
    -buy epic gems via honor
    -farm HoR, PoS and FoS for more gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Fix List!

- Buy either the t9 helmet or the 75 badge one.
    - Get the 32stamina+2%armor meta. Buy the BoE iL245 bracers.
    - Replace the gem in your belt, buy the tier9 chest.
    - Enchant your bracers, cloak, shield, weapon. replace: Shoulder enchant and chest enchant!!
    - Replace your libram.
    - Get your BS up, so you can get the extra two sockets.
    - Get Glyph of SoV.
    - Buy epic gems...

this should bring you to 35k HP

Honestly, I don't see why we should even help you, when you slack like this.
    Sarcasm may be used!
    I am not a thief, I am a pirate! And piracy isn't stealing, it's just good manners sharing!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SC2 Beta Key
    First of all, your spec isn't even correct. Why would you use a glyph that reduces the mana cost of one of your abilities when you are more or less running with unlimited mana? You only need 1 point in spiritual attunement. Use this spec, or you can put the points from Divine Sacrifice into Reckoning.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0t...Iufdxf0dbc:pNG

Regarding your gear, enchant more of it. Also, switch as many of your gems to stamina as your defense will allow.
    Why in the world would he specc conviction? one of the badest treath speccs, put the points in vindication instead if ure not 100% sure that your will have a retri pala with you that brings it, easy up the healing since you take less dmg.

Buy crafted bracers, they cost around 1000g and give 70 more stamina

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Btw you can't be serious about the post? must have hit you that you might get improve with enchanting your gear at all and get epic sockets? Can't be to hard to see where the problem is and how you get better gear.IMO

Deleted

i don't really get why people are so frantic about getting 275 HP...

if you add talents and sanctuary, you have 218 HP from 18 stam. i don't know about you, but on my server, heavy borean patch costs like 30G while 275 HP costs like 150G. i don't know about paying 120G for an extra 57 HP (which is only about 210 extra EH after talents). either i misunderstand something about EH and how it converts, but if your life depends on that 57 HP, i would suggest getting new healers.

and before you start about "why gem and enchant then?", on average gemming and enchanting means an extra 3-4K, which CAN help immensely.

My deathknight offtanked the entire first wing with 32k health.

if you add talents and sanctuary, you have 218 HP from 18 stam. i don't know about you, but on my server, heavy borean patch costs like 30G while 275 HP costs like 150G. i don't know about paying 120G for an extra 57 HP (which is only about 210 extra EH after talents). either i misunderstand something about EH and how it converts, but if your life depends on that 57 HP, i would suggest getting new healers.
    It's not about your entire life depending on 57HP. It's about gemming and enchanting optimally. If you're struggling with content, and have ANYTHING that is subpar, then it is your own fault. Regem and reenchant PROPERLY, that way when you wipe, instead of someone turning around and saying "well gear properly perhaps?", they can turn around and blame something more constructive. If he's got subpar enchanting, how do we know the rest of his raid are geared effectively?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin
    Fix List!
    - Replace your libram.
    That's very much situation dependent, especially for a protection paladin, so having that on your so-called "fix list" is wrong. Be more considerate and at least try to think before you blurt out things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    That's very much situation dependent, especially for a protection paladin, so having that on your so-called "fix list" is wrong. Be more considerate and at least try to think before you blurt out things like this.
    As he said it was for icc, the libram he is wearing sucks compared to the iL245/264 ones. So your statement about me not thinking, is fairly wrong. Sure I could have explained it better, but it's nearly logic that by saying, replace it, he should know what I meant!
    Sarcasm may be used!
    I am not a thief, I am a pirate! And piracy isn't stealing, it's just good manners sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin
    Sure I could have explained it better, but it's nearly logic that by saying, replace it, he should know what I meant!
    You could have at least mentioned which libram he should replace it with and why. Other people in this thread, apart from the OP, could benefit from it.